• 10(current)
WIP Unnamed/Sports Center - Sports for Kodi
This addon is looking very interesting. I mainly use Kodi to watch sports so this can provide a Kodi sports experience like it provides for the watching of movies and tv. Hopefully once this is done it can work on most skins cuz I'm currently using Xperience1080 MB3.
Caro enen92:

Este add-on está cada vez melhor. Dei um pequenissimo contributo (no forum da minhacasadigital) e agore estou estupefacto com o que fizeste até agora! Brutal

Obrigado, Rui
(2015-03-23, 17:08)rf1967 Wrote: Caro enen92:

Este add-on está cada vez melhor. Dei um pequenissimo contributo (no forum da minhacasadigital) e agore estou estupefacto com o que fizeste até agora! Brutal

Obrigado, Rui

English forum sorry.
Hint: the alternative name is meant to be used by people who have the same bad taste for teams as you do Cool
Full league tables, first as an independent dialog:

Now I'll try to integrate with the league view.
This really looks outstanding!!!... I have entered most of the info and images for NRL in SportsDB (an awesome site btw Zag). I'm wondering will we be able to point this to games we have on our local drive / "library" and play them from the addon? I download and play NRL games online since this is the only way for me to watch them. I'm guessing this is the whole point of the whole thing. But didn't see that functionality when i switched to Aeon Nox to play with it for a bit.

Really loving how this is coming and all the work you're putting in!! Never seen so much good work done so fast before!
(2015-03-25, 03:16)mjccox Wrote: This really looks outstanding!!!... I have entered most of the info and images for NRL in SportsDB (an awesome site btw Zag). I'm wondering will we be able to point this to games we have on our local drive / "library" and play them from the addon? I download and play NRL games online since this is the only way for me to watch them. I'm guessing this is the whole point of the whole thing. But didn't see that functionality when i switched to Aeon Nox to play with it for a bit.

Really loving how this is coming and all the work you're putting in!! Never seen so much good work done so fast before!

Hey mjccox,

Good job filling the nrl stuff (I don't watch it but still follow what users have done in the db). The idea of this addon is really to centralize everything sports related turning the addon into a frontend for sports. Sports events are totally different from movies or tvshows, they require aditional dialogs (normally they are a team vs team event as part of a bigger league/cup/tournment) plus aditional background information regarding that league. That's what I'm trying to accomplish with this addon. It's a bit complicated to understand the reason of it (or why I'm making the effort to make it). Think of it as if it was the Fifa15 interface with the single difference you won't be "playing" any match but reproducing content. You can browse the leagues, check next games,check results,league tables,news of your favourite team or league ,videos, the calendar for the week, livescores, etc. It woudn't make much sense to have such an interface and limited funcionality so a local library is of course planed. We have 2 type of events: the ones that have already been played (and have a result) and the ones that will still be played. I'm planning external scripts for both.
For the games that haven't been played I was thinking of a script that would be called to grab the TV channel where the match is going to be aired. If you have this channel on the pvr you'd have the option to start playing this channel. For the games that have already been played you can either look for the game on your library or try to find highlights using another external script.

Unfortunately this takes loads of time (each update is about 2000 lines of code python/xml) and I'm trying to simplify the interface as much as I can so it can be easily ported. Local content will have to wait a bit, I've little no experience with databases and don't know exactly how that could be built. Also hard to find a proper way to name the media (can you give more details about how you have your library organized?) and the db is also really young yet so a lot of other stuff might be added in the future.

Cheers
Ah, I ended up finishing the league tables for soccer (built-in league view):

Also fixed the match details dialog, more specifically the switch between team lineups. I'll push an update to the repo soon.
Regarding the local content... You could potentially put them all in 1 folder, and name the files using TheSportsDB EventID for an easy way to play them Wink

http://www.thesportsdb.com/event/441717

So the event ID is 441717.avi

Also TheSportsDB has a string event name, which could be standardized across sports. The only problem you have with that is some leagues have multiple games between opponents such as playoffs.

The event string in this example would be: Liverpool v Manchester United (1415 season).avi

Anyway lots of possibilities that hopefully wouldn't need to much coding effort. Easy to say of course when I'm not writing the add-on Big Grin
I'm trying to move the more complex stuff to windowxmldialogs that pops up on top of others (like the event details do). For these dialogs the only skin specific image is the background (that dark blue image) so it is really easy to port to other skins. The most complex thing to port will be the homemenu.

Couple of things that will need to be done to get this more reliable:

1) The data needs to come earlier to the db (probably using livescores since you update it from 5 to 5 minutes)
2) Something has to be done about event timse. To know when a match is going to be aired without knowing the time isn't really the best info available.
3) We need a method to filter leagues by round so a fixtures layout can be made.
4) We have a lot of information for soccer but lacking other information for other sports (which will require custom code). I would start with league tables first for nba and nhl (they are organized by conferences). Or the other way around, find which leagues are similar to soccer. I guess most of them (european basket,rugby etc) are

This is all so complex I hope one day we can have a complete package Tongue

PS: For local content I have a few ideas the main issue to me is the storage of the data. I'll need to take a look into RCB to find out how they are doing it
Indeed 1 step at a time Wink Keep it as simple and generic as possible in my opinion

1) Working on it
2) Yep agreed, will see what I can do
3) Should be easy to create a new API filter, will look now
4) Yeh auto generated stuff is hard and gets more complex the more sports we add. I'd always like to generate league tables from the actual events, not just scraping the end table if possible.
(2015-03-25, 17:20)enen92 Wrote: (can you give more details about how you have your library organized?)

Right now I just have a custom Home Menu Item set up called "Footy" when I go to it it points to a video node / folder on my computer where all of my games are stored. Really not pretty to look at but it works.
(2015-03-25, 19:21)mjccox Wrote:
(2015-03-25, 17:20)enen92 Wrote: (can you give more details about how you have your library organized?)

Right now I just have a custom Home Menu Item set up called "Footy" when I go to it it points to a video node / folder on my computer where all of my games are stored. Really not pretty to look at but it works.

Can you post a screenshot of the way you have this folder organized? Or if you prefer, pm me the screnshots. I'm really interested in seing how others think when organizing their sport's library
It's not fancy as you can see... just a custom home screen menu item

hummm seems doable but complicated at the same time. Probably will have to decide a standard way of naming the files. Either placing them in folders with the name of the event ID or a standard League-season-hometeamvsawayteam
Here you can see the way I have the sports (similar structure as a TV show):

Wink
Kodi 19 + Arctic: Zephyr Reloaded
nVidia SHIELD 2017 + WD My Book
LG OLED65B8PLA + LG SP11RA 7.1.4
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unnamed/Sports Center - Sports for Kodi3