Series recording
Hi,

I'm running Kodi Helix on OpenElec on a Raspberry Pi2 with a Media Portal backend on a windows box.

My questions is: Is it possible to set up a series recording, similar to a Sky box, where the recorder will record whenever the program is on regardless of day or time??

I believe MediaPortal can do this? The website wiki seems to imply this, but in Kodi the timer only seems to give me a basic set of recording function (weekdays, weekly etc).

This is a killer feature for me.

Thanks.
All series recording options as offered by MediaPortal are available in Helix for a subset of the available skins. See here for the supported skins.
Officially, Kodi does not yet support series recording, so this is still a workaround and therefore not all skins are supported.

When you create a recording from the EPG screen, it will show a custom dialog with the supported series recording combinations. The timer view in Kodi cannot completely represent these options yet, so depending on the setting you won't see the exact Schedule type here.

See for the screenshot: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=176316
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
I'm using Aeon Nox and the timer dialog looks like the pic in that post - but which option is a series record? I cant only see the options under Frequency as:

Record Once
Record Week Days
Record Weekends
Record Weekly
Record Daily (This program)

Nothing about Series Recording... am I missing something?

Thanks.
(2015-03-23, 22:44)archie456 Wrote: I'm using Aeon Nox and the timer dialog looks like the pic in that post - but which option is a series record? I cant only see the options under Frequency as:

Record Once
Record Week Days
Record Weekends
Record Weekly
Record Daily (This program)

Nothing about Series Recording... am I missing something?

Thanks.

MediaPortal has things such as 'Record every time on this channel' and 'Record every time on every channel' which will record the selected program by name.

It does also have schedules to record whatever is on a particular channel at a particular time (not sure of the wording) but I have never found these to be useful. The ones I list above are the ones I remember because I use them all the time. I'm afraid that I tend to use these sort of criteria as a barometer for usefulness.

Mark
So is 'Record Daily (This program)' in Kodi the same as 'Record everytime on this channel' in MediaPortal - that sounds like series recording (I think?)
Of the options that you listed archie456, I'm pretty sure you would pick "Record Daily (This Program)". You would then select Airtime = Anytime. You would then select either Channels = This Channel or Any Channel. Those two options correspond to what mcelliott is talking about from a MediaPortal perspective.

For quick reference:
For Mediaportal's "Record every time on this channel" the setup in Kodi should be:
Frequency = Record Daily (This program)
Airtime = Anytime
Channels = This Channel

For Mediaportal's "Record every time on every channel" the setup for Kodi should be:
Frequency = Record Daily (This program)
Airtime = Anytime
Channels = Any Channel

I'm 99% sure that this is correct. I'm currently at work, so I'm doing this all from memory, but I'll check when I get home and if there are any errors in what I've stated, I'll fix it.

Good Luck
~Nick
Nick - Thanks for the info - thats really useful.

If I can get this working well then the WAF of the system will skyrocket!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Series recording0