I have questions!
Ok, so I spent half the evening installing RetroPlayer 2014-07-04 from the link in this thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=173361

Looks like a great idea, unfortunately I'm completely lost at this point and can't seem to find any info about what to do anywhere....

So I have questions:
1. Is there a wiki? Install guides? Anything at all?
2. Did I install the right build?
3. How do you setup a controller? Mines connected, the keys are mapped all wrong but it can control XBMC, but not a game. I can't find anything at all. All the info I stumble across makes little sense and is usually so far out of date I can't follow any of it on this system.
4. How do I get into an emulators config? It let me pick an emulator, but once in it, I only have keyboard control. I've tried multiple emulators (switching emulators was hard to figure out as well) but once I'm in the game, all is lost, the controller doesn't do anything at all. Even worse, half the time it just starts turning the volume up and down.
5. When I try to view Roms on an SMB share there are no files. They are on a Win7 box, "Everyone" has FULL read/write access and fully shared with the network. Yet there are no files. Any ideas?

If anything, #1 is most important to me. I can't believe this build doesn't have any sort of wiki. Please help!
The entire input system, actually almost everything else, has been re-written from scratch over the last 4 months. I'm way close to releasing a RetroPlayer version of Kodi Isengard alpha 2 (hoping to have builds up on April 1)

you're looking at the answer to #1 - all support is in this subforum so far. if anything is unintuitive in the new build, post here and I'll improve it.

the new build has a controller configuration GUI that lets you map buttons per-emulator and supports multiple players

emulator config is accessible through the add-on manager. System -> add-ons -> (this part changed recently) -> select emulator -> settings

#5 is prolly a bug. some (a quarter?) emulators don't support loading ROMs from our virtual file system, this includes SMB

hold tight for another week or two!
(2015-03-24, 04:30)garbear Wrote: The entire input system, actually almost everything else, has been re-written from scratch over the last 4 months. I'm way close to releasing a RetroPlayer version of Kodi Isengard alpha 2 (hoping to have builds up on April 1)

you're looking at the answer to #1 - all support is in this subforum so far. if anything is unintuitive in the new build, post here and I'll improve it.

the new build has a controller configuration GUI that lets you map buttons per-emulator and supports multiple players

emulator config is accessible through the add-on manager. System -> add-ons -> (this part changed recently) -> select emulator -> settings

#5 is prolly a bug. some (a quarter?) emulators don't support loading ROMs from our virtual file system, this includes SMB

Great, and thanks for all your hard work on this. I have a 7yr old that's very excited for family game night. I'm hoping to surprise him with this.
(2015-03-24, 04:40)CharlieMopps Wrote:
(2015-03-24, 04:30)garbear Wrote: The entire input system, actually almost everything else, has been re-written from scratch over the last 4 months. I'm way close to releasing a RetroPlayer version of Kodi Isengard alpha 2 (hoping to have builds up on April 1)

Great, and thanks for all your hard work on this. I have a 7yr old that's very excited for family game night. I'm hoping to surprise him with this.

Yay! Bug testing on family game night. I must try that as well Smile
Mind sharing which emulators dont support smb shares? Hopefully no nintendo emus...

@garbear: Really love how hard you work on this! Do you have a bitcoin address so we can send some love your way?
(2015-03-24, 10:42)Phobios Wrote: Mind sharing which emulators dont support smb shares? Hopefully no nintendo emus...

(today) visit https://github.com/garbear/repository.li...er/release , download the .zip, open addon.xml and look for the <supports_vfs> tag

(in the near future) visit https://github.com/kodi-game , open the addon.xml (e.g. github.com/kodi-game/<addon-id>/blob/master/<addon-id>/addon.xml) and look for <supports_vfs>. If you see <allowvfs> this needs to be renamed to <supports_vfs>.

(2015-03-24, 10:42)Phobios Wrote: @garbear: Really love how hard you work on this! Do you have a bitcoin address so we can send some love your way?

1JtXwJdGdE9YnYgThWBT2StFCU5sEYkbVD

you can also donate to the foundation to help pay for my next devcon
Donated! Will donate to the foundation too as soon as they begin accepting bitcoin.
much appreciated Smile
(2015-03-24, 14:03)Phobios Wrote: Donated! Will donate to the foundation too as soon as they begin accepting bitcoin.

https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate-bitcoin/
(2015-03-24, 19:11)curti Wrote:
(2015-03-24, 14:03)Phobios Wrote: Donated! Will donate to the foundation too as soon as they begin accepting bitcoin.

Thank you! Donated!

I wonder why there is no link to it from their main donation page. Or maybe I'm just blind?
(2015-03-24, 19:41)Phobios Wrote:
(2015-03-24, 19:11)curti Wrote:

Thank you! Donated!

I wonder why there is no link to it from their main donation page. Or maybe I'm just blind?

I do not see it on the main donation page either. I searched for it but only because I remember reading a post about it last month.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I have questions!0