• 8(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-03-24, 02:33)nickr Wrote: Include 3D.SBS in the file name. Counter-intuitive but it works.

And @dchabby, works on pi1 too. But why would you buy one now?

Already have a b+ so wanted to try it out. Works great so will probably buy a pi2 as well !
(2015-03-24, 02:37)popcornmix Wrote: We now have a DTS-HD solution for Pi:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1963545

No? Damn serious?
Dolby true hd also ?
Atmos?

So in fact, this box will do everything? Hd audio. 3d mvc in iso soon?
Cool right?! Not to mention perfect 23.976. I'm hoping to find some time to try out this week; have my Pi2 all set-up with the latest build, and re-ripped a couple of 3D BD's via MakeMKV. Also have a title with ATMOS.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Once ISO and TRUE HD/ATMOS is fully supported.
I'm IN........
Tired of these Chinese boxes...
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
so I tried out the one 3d mvc mkv file I have last night and the 3d works great although for some reason the default 3d mode comes up as over/under and it has sound but no picture. As soon as I change the mode to side by side it works.

I couldn't get hd audio to work, at least I don't think so as my receiver didn't say that it was.

also the file was stuttering so I guess the will have to be compressed a bit to get the bit-rate down. This was playing through my wired gigbit network.
(2015-03-24, 15:42)dchabby Wrote: so I tried out the one 3d mvc mkv file I have last night and the 3d works great although for some reason the default 3d mode comes up as over/under and it has sound but no picture. As soon as I change the mode to side by side it works.

I couldn't get hd audio to work, at least I don't think so as my receiver didn't say that it was.

also the file was stuttering so I guess the will have to be compressed a bit to get the bit-rate down. This was playing through my wired gigbit network.

Is this with Pi1 or Pi2?
On Pi1, I was able to play a raw BluRay rip to mkv of Gravity as MVC with framepacking, but you need overclock and a good (e.g. tuned NFS) wired network. I wouldn't expect DTS-HD to work.
On Pi2, things are much easier. Overclock is not required, network can be less optimal (e.g. SMB) and DTS-HD should work.

If you have issues with Pi2 then a sample file would be useful to look at.
DTS-HD on Pi1 may be too much for now (libdcadec is purely C with no assembly optimisations so is expected to be less efficient that ffmpeg's internal DTS decoder).
(2015-03-24, 14:47)Skank Wrote: No? Damn serious?
Dolby true hd also ?
Atmos?

We can decode and ouput 8 channel TrueHD and DTS-HD as 48kHz PCM (in lossless/bit perfect way).
(But we can't passthough HD audio)

I don't believe there is an open source Dolby Atmos decoder, so I believe you just get the TrueHD stream.

ISO is coming. We can play MVC from a (mounted) ISO file using the command line omxplayer:
https://github.com/deborah-c/omxplayer/tree/mvc_hack

so we know it's possible. Just need to plumb it in to kodi.
(2015-03-24, 15:58)popcornmix Wrote:
Dolby true hd also ?
Atmos?

We can decode and ouput 8 channel TrueHD and DTS-HD as 48kHz PCM (in lossless/bit perfect way).

I don't believe there is an open source Dolby Atmos decoder, so I believe you just get the TrueHD stream.

ISO is coming. We can play MVC from a (mounted) ISO file using the command line omxplayer:

Are you going to work on the ChromeBox?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-03-24, 15:56)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-03-24, 15:42)dchabby Wrote: so I tried out the one 3d mvc mkv file I have last night and the 3d works great although for some reason the default 3d mode comes up as over/under and it has sound but no picture. As soon as I change the mode to side by side it works.

Is this with Pi1 or Pi2?
On Pi1, I was able to play a raw BluRay rip to mkv of Gravity as MVC with framepacking, but you need overclock and a good (e.g. tuned NFS) wired network. I wouldn't expect DTS-HD to work.
On Pi2, things are much easier. Overclock is not required, network can be less optimal (e.g. SMB) and DTS-HD should work.

If you have issues with Pi2 then a sample file would be useful to look at.
DTS-HD on Pi1 may be too much for now (libdcadec is purely C with no assembly optimisations so is expected to be less efficient that ffmpeg's internal DTS decoder).

this is on a pi1 (B+) and I don't think it is overclocked so will have to do that and try again. And I am not sure what you mean by a tuned NFS network so I will look into that as well as I just use SMB.

Would it play better if it played off of a usb drive instead of over the network ?
(2015-03-24, 16:06)movie78 Wrote: Are you going to work on the ChromeBox?

No, not personally. I work for Raspberry Pi, so that is my focus.
I believe in open source, so any changes that benefit the Raspberry Pi will be made available to others.
The DTS-HD patch for example can be cherry picked and should work on any other platform.
However MVC requires either an MVC capable hardware decoder, and someone who knows the platform well enough to plumb it in, or software MVC support to be added to ffmpeg. Not impossible, but would require a number of weeks of work from someone who have the right knowledge.
(2015-03-24, 16:22)dchabby Wrote: this is on a pi1 (B+) and I don't think it is overclocked so will have to do that and try again. And I am not sure what you mean by a tuned NFS network so I will look into that as well as I just use SMB.

Would it play better if it played off of a usb drive instead of over the network ?

Yes, performance is generally better from a USB drive than over network.
NFS performance is generally better than SMB.
By tuned NFS, I mean that manually mounting the NFS share from the OS and finding the best values for parameters like rsize, and trying udp and tcp. See here.
Overclock is pretty critical on Pi1 for good performance. Pi2 it's much less important.
(2015-03-24, 15:58)popcornmix Wrote:
Dolby true hd also ?
Atmos?

Damn! Very nice!
Might get a pi2 for living room
So only atmos doesnt and wont work.
This is enough for living room... But not for dedicated room
If you've got a "dedicated" room with enough amplification and speakers for Atmos, would you really be using a $35 player?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
If all works why not if theres no alternative?
Give me an alternative that does 3d iso, proper 23.9... , hd audio and atmos...
Right, you cant...
(2015-03-24, 15:58)popcornmix Wrote: ISO is coming. We can play MVC from a (mounted) ISO file using the command line omxplayer:

What about BD menus?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17