• 151(current)
Artwork Downloader
Ok, I tried everything.
How do I link an seasonposter or seasonlandscape (without using local files) to an season instead of the tvshow itself?

Running the script with an button and "RunScript(script.artwork.downloader, mode=gui, mediatype=tvshow, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])" won't work, because the focused season and DBID does not match.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
I'm starting to confuse myself.

So as I understand, and have mentioned in my earlier posts in this thread, that this add-on seems to download files to directory "\userdata\addon_data\script.artwork.downloader\temp", which seems to be a major space hog for my system. Out of curiosity, does this add-on also download files to my source directories? I've noticed that within my sources and their respective subdirectories, there are 'extrafanart' directories. Does this add-on download to these 'extrafanart' directories, or is that something the skin leverages within its own settings and processes?

I'd really like to get a control of the \temp folder this addon downloads to, so I can gain some valuable real estate back in the storage department.

What would be the negative consequences of deleting the contents of the \temp folder? Deleting the texturesDb file?

Can someone please explain the setting of this add-on for using local fan art only? Will this setting in essence prevent downloading artwork to the \temp folder, and instead download to and use fanart downloaded to the source directories (i.e. \extrafanart)?

Thanks
(2015-03-17, 09:57)fynxgloire Wrote: ...I deleted all files in C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails
...now when I run KODI, I cannot see any more artwork anywhere, its not showing in my movies, TV Shows etc.

What can I do to force KODI to read the artwork from the Z drive now?
You are basically not seeing anything because even when you have deleted Thumbnails folder, you retained Textures*.db in ...\userdata\Databases\ , which causes Kodi to think it had the artwork already cached. It can't find a single thumb to display because you deleted them!

You will need to delete Textures*.db in order to tell Kodi to repopulate. before doing this make sure to tell AD to use your local files in Z (see below). Does it make sense now?

(2015-03-17, 19:33)DruTheFu Wrote: Can someone please explain the setting of this add-on for using local fan art only?
According to my notes that, over a long time, I have carefully gathered from this very thread:

AD saves the artwork alongside your movies if you have "Use local files" enabled. If you don't enable "Use localfiles", it will associate your movies with internet-hosted artwork.

1. AD will read local artwork if it exists, and it will create local artwork if it doesn't exist

2. You poster and fanart would have been scraped by the standard movie scraper - you don't need AD to scrapelocal poster/fanart.

3. If "Use local files" is not enabled, nothing will be downloaded, AD will just create artwork entries for your movies in the media library that reference remote (web-based) artwork. If you do enable "Use local files", any new artwork will be downloaded and written alongside your movies, and artwork entries for these local files added to your media library. Note that the file names created for local artwork will only be suitable if your movies are stored single movies per folder, you'll just get junk artwork added to your media library if you have multiple movies per folder.

I hope that helps.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Thanks for the clarification.

Any word on the pesky \temp folder? What is its function? Can I delete that directory and still be able to view the artwork that this add-on downloads?

I thought that the add-on would inject a web url to the artwork into my library Db, in my case in MySQL, instead of actually downloading the file (which appears to be to the \temp folder).
(2015-03-17, 21:34)DruTheFu Wrote: Thanks for the clarification.

I thought that the add-on would inject a web url to the artwork into my library Db, in my case in MySQL, instead of actually downloading the file (which appears to be to the \temp folder).
That is basically to inject: "...AD will just create artwork entries for your movies in the media library that reference remote (web-based) artwork..." it will just not download and place the artwork alongside your movies. Fundamental in all this is, however, to have the right settings in your AD's config panel. Mind that the images still need to be cached in Kodi.

Like many other add-ons that involves fetching online content, AD uses a temp folder. Martijn would be the most appropriate man to ask for the full nature of this temp folder or aspects of it which remain unclear to you, as well as if there is any chance to have certain control over it, such as limit/prevent it from rapidly increasing its size that could be compatible with certain storage-limited system.

EDIT: @DruTheFu: could you please do an AD run and collect a Debug log for that. Check if in the log you see any error after AD tries to clean the temp files, right after:
Code:
DEBUG: Artwork Downloader: Finished download
DEBUG: Artwork Downloader: Cleaning up temp files

See if somewhere you are getting anything like:
Code:
ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::Remove - Error removing ...\userdata\addon_data\script.artwork.download​er\temp
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Is there a way to get this addon to only scan and download for NEW CONTENT oppose to the whole library?? Or do you have to manually get new artwork for all new content or just overwrite all each time? (Im pretty lazy so I hate having to go into each movie or new show and bring up the context menu to get artwork)
Thanks guys
Really trying to get this figured out
But much love to the addon!
(2015-03-19, 13:45)pauly3069 Wrote: Is there a way to get this addon to only scan and download for NEW CONTENT oppose to the whole library?? Or do you have to manually get new artwork for all new content or just overwrite all each time? (Im pretty lazy so I hate having to go into each movie or new show and bring up the context menu to get artwork)
Thanks guys
Really trying to get this figured out
But much love to the addon!

The add-on will scan your entire library each time you run it in bulk mode, but it shouldn't overwrite your existing art unless you have that option selected in settings. Should only download new art that complies with your current settings. The wiki has a description of the various other modes possible. Basically your choices are bulk or solo modes and individual art types I believe.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
@MartijnKaijser

Any news on testing builds available for v12.1.00?

Thanks again for all of your hard work on Kodi / AD etc.

Dragoonkain
noob here.

Im trying to scrape some artwork for movies I have stored on a external usb hard drive but artwork downloader doesnt seem to be working or maybe im just doing something wrong.

I run artwork downloader and nothing gets downloaded. "Finished: 0 Downloaded"

Any Ideas?

log: http://pastebin.com/NRxDPSVH#
(2015-03-20, 18:51)chachee Wrote: noob here.

Im trying to scrape some artwork for movies I have stored on a external usb hard drive but artwork downloader doesnt seem to be working or maybe im just doing something wrong.

I run artwork downloader and nothing gets downloaded. "Finished: 0 Downloaded"

Any Ideas?

log: http://pastebin.com/NRxDPSVH#

I have the same problem, I am using a series of movies and TV shows stored on my QNAP through SMB.

When I try to run AD I get no errors, it simply will not scrape the data from the site.

Any assistance would be great.

Cheers guys and gals.
Further information,

The QNAP has RW permissions enabled for devices connected to it.
I do not have the 'Use local files' selected.
I believe have identified my problem was with the content scan inside Kodi.
I had not completed this action and as such AD had nothing to scan. instructions to complete this step were located here http://kodi.wiki/view/Set_content_and_scan
Hi thanks for your explanation.
But I tried both ways, Enabling the "Use local files" and disabling "Use local files".
No matter which option I choose Kodi ALWAYS creates a \userdata\Databases\Textures*.db file and also creates subdirectories 0 - 10 in folder C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails directory downloading all Poster and artwork from the internet.

I do not want it to download anything and clog up my hard drive.
Why cant this program just READ the artwork I downloaded manually in each movie on my Z drives subdirectory?
Is it possible?

Thanks

(2015-03-17, 20:44)capfuturo Wrote:
(2015-03-17, 09:57)fynxgloire Wrote: ...I deleted all files in C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails
...now when I run KODI, I cannot see any more artwork anywhere, its not showing in my movies, TV Shows etc.

What can I do to force KODI to read the artwork from the Z drive now?
You are basically not seeing anything because even when you have deleted Thumbnails folder, you retained Textures*.db in ...\userdata\Databases\ , which causes Kodi to think it had the artwork already cached. It can't find a single thumb to display because you deleted them!

You will need to delete Textures*.db in order to tell Kodi to repopulate. before doing this make sure to tell AD to use your local files in Z (see below). Does it make sense now?

(2015-03-17, 19:33)DruTheFu Wrote: Can someone please explain the setting of this add-on for using local fan art only?
According to my notes that, over a long time, I have carefully gathered from this very thread:

AD saves the artwork alongside your movies if you have "Use local files" enabled. If you don't enable "Use localfiles", it will associate your movies with internet-hosted artwork.

1. AD will read local artwork if it exists, and it will create local artwork if it doesn't exist

2. You poster and fanart would have been scraped by the standard movie scraper - you don't need AD to scrapelocal poster/fanart.

3. If "Use local files" is not enabled, nothing will be downloaded, AD will just create artwork entries for your movies in the media library that reference remote (web-based) artwork. If you do enable "Use local files", any new artwork will be downloaded and written alongside your movies, and artwork entries for these local files added to your media library. Note that the file names created for local artwork will only be suitable if your movies are stored single movies per folder, you'll just get junk artwork added to your media library if you have multiple movies per folder.

I hope that helps.
You must understand how Kodi works.

It will always create those folders and files as they are cached (mirror images if you want) of the artworks you have locally or/and the ones scrapped from the net.
Think of them as "optimized" ressources intended to be displayed as fast as possible.

For example my posters are in 2160x1440 (4K ready) in png uncompressed : they are 9MB each.
Kodi just can't use them as they are to heavy so it creates a resized copy of those poster in jpg format. They are located in the directories you spoke of.

Hope it helps
BTW you can change the size of some of the cached artworks using advancedsettings.xml.

Have fun here http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml
  • 151(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18