• 36(current)
Release MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags
(2015-02-02, 09:12)JockeSve Wrote: Is there a way to disable the scanning status message (bottom right on screen) while watching movies?
It pops up and is visible for few sec's displaying a message about how many new items there were added.
The strange thing is that it pops up even if there are no new pictures added or no changes made. As far as I can see there is no way to enable/disable the automatic scanning.

- Kodi 14 (on Android 4.4.2)
- MySQL (on Raspberry PI)
- approx 4000 photos on NAS (CIFS/SMB share)

Go to "System->Settings->Add-ons->Enabled Add-ons->Services->MyPicsDB Update Service" and disable the service.
No log no help.
Main page: https://github.com/Xycl
Repository: Xycl Repository Leia
Repository: Xycl Repository Matrix
Hello Xycl
In the mid time I remove and reinstall Mypicsdb and the slideshow is runnig.

Just in case to run slideshow I open a group of slides, display the first one and hit the space key, is this the correct way ?.
Hi Pierre

what do you mean with "a group of slides"?
No log no help.
Sorry for my poor explanation
I mean the result of a filter searching which gave as an example 15 pictures

Is that a little clearer ?
Sorry for my poor explanation

I mean the result of a tag search which gave, as an example, a result 15 pictures

Is this a little more clear
okay
No log no help.
(2015-02-04, 10:26)Xycl Wrote: Go to "System->Settings->Add-ons->Enabled Add-ons->Services->MyPicsDB Update Service" and disable the service.
Work like a charm! Thanks!!
Just a quick thought: shouldn't this add-on be part of the core of Kodi? I mean if you compare this add-on with the basic-basic functionality of images in default Kodi setup... compared to what the video and audio parts of Kodi has of features by default the image part really needs an uplift, no?

Just my 2 cents..
(2015-03-10, 17:24)dcallebaut Wrote: Just a quick thought: shouldn't this add-on be part of the core of Kodi? I mean if you compare this add-on with the basic-basic functionality of images in default Kodi setup... compared to what the video and audio parts of Kodi has of features by default the image part really needs an uplift, no?

Just my 2 cents..

Try to push him:
Picture Library
No log no help.
@Xycl: Great plugin, was exactly what I was missing. I thought by now Kodi would have a pics database builtin, but this plugin closes the gap perfectly.

I have one suggestion for parsing the Path to Keywords: If you add a translation to StrPath you get one tag for each pic with the full path. My suggestion would be:
1. Strip the root of the path away, as it is the same for all pics (in this added folder), optionally replace it by the name of the added folder
2. separate the path based upon each folder and add these as tags for the picture

This would allow me to browse by path as usual and to browse by keyword/directory in addition to that. Sample:
c:\Pics\Vacation\Rome\ --> pictures would have the keywords Vacation and Rome
c:\Pics\Events\Birthdays\Emily\Emily 10th Birthday would have the keywords Birthdays, Emily, Emily 10th Birthday

So you could filter for all Birthdays. Or for Emily 10th Birthday, or all Vacations, etc.

2nd Whish: Allow the start of a slideshow everywhere (incl. recursive). Right now you can start slideshows on the topmost entries, and by pressing play when you are in a folder with pics, but no recursive and no starting of a slideshow before the contents of the folder is shown.

Thanks again!
1) Makes sense. A new tag type like StrPathPart which only contains one directory of the complete path.
2) I use Confluence skin and can start the slideshow everywhere. On the left pane there are two menu items: Slideshow and R.Slideshow
No log no help.
Thanks! With regards to issue 2: You are right, I should use the menu (it is not visible by default on XF 1080) there is the option. Just the context menu does not contain the options by default, so no big deal.

One (last?) question: the (exif?) tags you use are more limited than the ones the built tag reader finds, is that true? The internal one shows things like FStop (Blendeneinstellung), Focal Depth (Brennweite), 35mm equiv, ISO, Exposure, etc. These are not available as tags in your plugin? Not that I miss them much, just asking for completeness.
Another Q: is it possible to add individual thumbs to tags & tag value folders? It would be great to set a picture for a person folder for example.
I just installed mypicsdb 13.3.2 on Kodi 14.2 with a mysql db.

I am able to scan all of my 8000 or so photos but i am not seeing a lot of the metadata (tags) that I expected

I suspect that I am just confused on EXIF vs IPTC vs XMP.

So, when I use exiftool short version... I see make, model, camera type, aperture, width, height..etc

When I look at the metadata on the viewer portion....

I only see Name, Colour/B&W (Black and White ..it is a Color) , white balance, Jpeg process (unknown) , Flash Used and Date/Time.

The rest are blank...
Feature / change req:
1. Allow use Chron expressions for "Update service" scheduler instead of "Minutes between ...".
2. Add "Re-scan library" in main menu

Just my 5 cents...
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags1