• 85(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
(2015-03-26, 23:46)vmax Wrote: I was wondering if there is a way to look at an MKV file BEFORE playing it too see if there is a 2nd audio track in it using the KODI menu or before pressing play etc. I have tried looking through all the keyboard commands and can't see anything that gives me that option. I have TV shows and movies that have a commentary track in them but I have no way of visually knowing which ones have them. Thanks to help on this forum I learned what keyboard command lets me change audio track, so now I'm wondering about seeing them!

You guys are a great help on this forum and I love the DS Player version with all the ongoing upgrades! I hope it lives on...

Thanks...

No, there isn't to my knowledge. It would be a welcome feature to add.
Hello

I'm very new to this stuff but i like to test madVR. I downloaded the madVR version and installed. I installed the LAV splitter, madVR and ffdshow. I followed a guide and i'm able to play videos with MPC-HT and madVR.

In Kodi i enabled madVR as renderer but i'm not able to play any file. I tried to use 'Use system filters (direct show merits)' but the same result.
I'm able to play some .wmv files with dsplayer and madVR but all other types fail.

I played a bit with 'filter configurations' and add four filters LAV splitter,LAV audio decoder,LAV video decoder and Haali media splitter (found in a guide) but still unable to play.
I found an entry in the logs. I guess the file couldn't be played because the correct filter couldn't be loaded. But where can i configure the filter to load? (in my exmaple for .mp4 files)

Code:
CDSPlayer::Process - Creating DS Graph
00:55:31 T:876  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://profile/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
00:55:31 T:876  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
00:55:31 T:876  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://masterprofile/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
00:55:31 T:876  NOTICE: special://masterprofile/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml does not exist. Skipping.
00:55:31 T:876  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
00:55:31 T:876  NOTICE: Successfully loaded rules
00:55:31 T:876  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertAudioRenderer Successfully added "" to the graph
00:55:31 T:876   FATAL: CFGFilterFile::Create CoCreateInstance failed!
00:55:31 T:876   ERROR: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Failed to create filter "mp4source"
00:55:31 T:876   ERROR: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Failed to insert the source filter
00:55:31 T:876   ERROR: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Failed to load filters rules
00:55:31 T:876   ERROR: CDSPlayer::Process - Failed creating DS Graph

It would be nice if someone can short explain where and what i have to configure to use dsplayer and madVR.

Thanks you in advance.
(2015-03-27, 01:19)_Andy_ Wrote: Hello

I'm very new to this stuff but i like to test madVR. I downloaded the madVR version and installed. I installed the LAV splitter, madVR and ffdshow. I followed a guide and i'm able to play videos with MPC-HT and madVR.

In Kodi i enabled madVR as renderer but i'm not able to play any file. I tried to use 'Use system filters (direct show merits)' but the same result.
I'm able to play some .wmv files with dsplayer and madVR but all other types fail.

I played a bit with 'filter configurations' and add four filters LAV splitter,LAV audio decoder,LAV video decoder and Haali media splitter (found in a guide) but still unable to play.
I found an entry in the logs. I guess the file couldn't be played because the correct filter couldn't be loaded. But where can i configure the filter to load? (in my exmaple for .mp4 files)

Code:
CDSPlayer::Process - Creating DS Graph
00:55:31 T:876  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://profile/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
00:55:31 T:876  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
00:55:31 T:876  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://masterprofile/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
00:55:31 T:876  NOTICE: special://masterprofile/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml does not exist. Skipping.
00:55:31 T:876  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
00:55:31 T:876  NOTICE: Successfully loaded rules
00:55:31 T:876  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertAudioRenderer Successfully added "" to the graph
00:55:31 T:876   FATAL: CFGFilterFile::Create CoCreateInstance failed!
00:55:31 T:876   ERROR: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Failed to create filter "mp4source"
00:55:31 T:876   ERROR: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Failed to insert the source filter
00:55:31 T:876   ERROR: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Failed to load filters rules
00:55:31 T:876   ERROR: CDSPlayer::Process - Failed creating DS Graph

It would be nice if someone can short explain where and what i have to configure to use dsplayer and madVR.

Thanks you in advance.

I'm going to post a guide that will be available tomorrow sometime on how to do this. ffdshow will be a topic that will have to be added in the future. But the guide should get you most of the way there.
(2015-03-27, 03:56)Warner306 Wrote: I'm going to post a guide that will be available tomorrow sometime on how to do this. ffdshow will be a topic that will have to be added in the future. But the guide should get you most of the way there.

In my DSPlayer setup, FFDshow RAW is still inserted as extra filter though even with MadVR, You'd want FFDShow to do some post-processing with SD DivX,XVID. It's also needed for SVP which someone prefer those 60fps stuff.

And I'd say with weak GPU Avisynth's Spline64 + sharpening filter of choices in FFDshow gives a splendid scaling quality. And would cost some additional CPU load without the need of stronger GPU. Probably most suitable with those intel hd graphics or on-board gpu.

Whether it's better than MadVR Jinc3+AR which some considered MadVR best algorithm to offer now is debatable.
Thank you Warner306 that would be very nice.

Meanwhile maybe someone could post his filtersconfig.xml and mediasconfig.xml. I know the files maybe not work but i can get an impression what is going on inside.

Thank you.
(2015-03-27, 04:48)_Andy_ Wrote: Thank you Warner306 that would be very nice.

Meanwhile maybe someone could post his filtersconfig.xml and mediasconfig.xml. I know the files maybe not work but i can get an impression what is going on inside.

Thank you.

This my config. A bit messy but hey it's working.

https://db.tt/yzJy6Xjn

You need to install extra software though. LAVFilters, FFDShow, AVSplitter ,XyVSFilter & Marumo ISDB Splitter.
Hi, i've installed 14.2 rc1 dsplayer (any renderer) and it not able to play any file.

error log
Code:
10:22:40 T:4488  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertAudioRenderer Successfully added "" to the graph
10:22:41 T:4488  NOTICE: CStreamsManager::LoadIAMStreamSelectStreamsInternal Audio stream found : Audio - MP3, 48.0 kHz, 2 chn, 16 bit, 128.0 kbit/s - index: 1
10:22:41 T:4488  NOTICE: CSubtitleManager::Initialize enabled libsubs.dll
10:22:41 T:4488  NOTICE: CDSPlayer::Process - Successfully creating DS Graph
10:22:41 T:5792  NOTICE: Thread CGraphManagementThread thread start, auto delete: false
10:22:41 T:5228   ERROR: CDSPlayer::OpenFileInternal - Exception thrown on open
10:22:41 T:5228   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [C:\Users\1orgar\Desktop\VIDEO\test.avi]
kodi - all defaults + use system filters ds merits on
avsplitter 1.2.3.2
lav filters 0.64

in graphstudionext all paths are ok.
kodi 14.1 dsplayer with same settings works fine.

upd. I've changed splitter to LAV, but got the same result.
Sorry guys something broke after I added the configuration menus for media and filter on "use system filters ds merits"

so for now don't use it

i have to investigate what's the problem
(2015-03-27, 03:56)Warner306 Wrote: I'm going to post a guide that will be available tomorrow sometime on how to do this. ffdshow will be a topic that will have to be added in the future. But the guide should get you most of the way there.

@Warner306, anyway your guide might cover SVP integration with DSplayer? Would it be possible with filters to only run SVP on animated movies and TV shows?
(2015-03-27, 14:17)aracnoz Wrote: Sorry guys something broke after I added the configuration menus for media and filter on "use system filters ds merits"

so for now don't use it

i have to investigate what's the problem

You referring to the full build or just the "use system merits filter"?

Was about to pose a question regarding the non-display/recognition of 'forced' subtitles - but as the solution may be reliant on DS Filter merits I'll wait until its fixed before testing some more

Thanks aracnoz
obviously only "use system merits filter" it's broke
Thanks
(2015-03-27, 14:22)Talguy Wrote: @Warner306, anyway your guide might cover SVP integration with DSplayer? Would it be possible with filters to only run SVP on animated movies and TV shows?

It's possible as long as you can set condition in ffdshow profiles. But probably need some specific naming to let ffdshow know when to use SVP profile. But since SVP is global inject into FFDShow avisynth. I think it would need some config that's not everyone familiar. It usually enable or disable kind of thing for SVP.

I think you can copy what SVP insert into avisynth script in FFDShow RAW and manually create your own SVP Profile and start from there.. It sounds possible but could be complicated.
(2015-03-27, 05:05)oldpoem Wrote: This my config. A bit messy but hey it's working.

https://db.tt/yzJy6Xjn

You need to install extra software though. LAVFilters, FFDShow, AVSplitter ,XyVSFilter & Marumo ISDB Splitter.

Thank you. I guess now i have a clue what i have to do.
Can someone tell me what the following options do?

Show Blu-ray titles and Matroska Editions choice dialog

??

Min. Blu-ray title length (min.)

??
  • 85(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8