• 11(current)
WIP Unnamed/Sports Center - Sports for Kodi
(2015-03-25, 18:11)enen92 Wrote: 2) Something has to be done about event timse. To know when a match is going to be aired without knowing the time isn't really the best info available.

(2015-03-25, 18:13)zag Wrote: 2) Yep agreed, will see what I can do

See my yesterday's post about this here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1964175

Wink
Kodi 19 + Arctic: Zephyr Reloaded
nVidia SHIELD 2017 + WD My Book
LG OLED65B8PLA + LG SP11RA 7.1.4
@enen, check out the latest premier league results api link:

http://www.thesportsdb.com/api/v1/json/1...=4328&r=38

Hopefully we now have round filtering (see url) and the match time (see new strTime field)

I gave up trying to work out how to convert the time from xmlsoccer, maybe you will have more luck? This is what I posted on their support site:

Quote:Any ideas how I get the GMT time from this string from the premier league on the API?
"2014-08-16T03:45:00-07:00"
Are all times in GMT for all leagues? The game is listed as a 12:45 kickoff GMT time, still not sure how I get that...
They call it soccerxml so it might be american based probably. It looks like -9 hour difference so probably alaska?
Have you checked if the time delay looks consistent across several events?

I'll try to have a go at fixtures then and look into times later if you get more info from them
UTC apparently.

Will look into it some more. There must be a PHP function to decode that somewhere.
Okay I downloaded this repo and installed it but I don't see any applications associated to it and there is no mention in the original post how to access the sports app. Could someone please tell me what to look for?

Thanks

I am running Helix 14.2 RC
(2015-03-29, 20:04)smoothrunnings Wrote: Okay I downloaded this repo and installed it but I don't see any applications associated to it and there is no mention in the original post how to access the sports app. Could someone please tell me what to look for?

Thanks

It's a program. This is in early development, anyone who wants to install it should know what they're doing without expecting any support or guidance.
Hi enen92, any chance to change the languaje of the info displayed?
Kodi 19 + Arctic: Zephyr Reloaded
nVidia SHIELD 2017 + WD My Book
LG OLED65B8PLA + LG SP11RA 7.1.4
(2015-03-29, 20:08)enen92 Wrote:
(2015-03-29, 20:04)smoothrunnings Wrote: Okay I downloaded this repo and installed it but I don't see any applications associated to it and there is no mention in the original post how to access the sports app. Could someone please tell me what to look for?

Thanks

It's a program. This is in early development, anyone who wants to install it should know what they're doing without expecting any support or guidance.

It's an addon for kodi, right?
Of course. But it's not a video addon is a program addon, so it runs from Apps/Programs.
(2015-04-08, 13:00)matteo2 Wrote:
(2015-03-29, 20:08)enen92 Wrote:

Thanks

It's an addon for kodi, right?
the add-on provides data, the add-on does not provide sports streams.
Been pretty quiet here for a while... How's it going?
It's a bit on hold at the moment I'm affraid. With google code shutting down in the beginning of the summer I have to move all my stuff (namely p2p-streams) to another repository. This is a lot of work since I'll use the oportunity to implement also some new stuff in that addon and also rename it. I have also other small addons on google code so I also need to check which ones can be sent to the official repository and ditch the ones that can't.

So yes, no news on this plugin for a while (despite league tables finished) but I'll tackle it again as soon as I can. Another issue is that one of the next tasks will be the implementation of the library and I didn't want to implement it with so much stuff missing on the database (and api) and also I have no idea how to work/create/manipulate databases. So it will be a challenge.

Having said this, please continue to update and contribute to the database. The plugin will get back to its pace soon.

Cheers
Great, also looking forward to this.

Github is the way forward so kinda glad google code went bye bye

Just let me know a simple list of any missing API features. I've lost track of all the discussions and have lots of free time right now to implement anything that is needed Wink
I don't have many zag in fact you are ahead of me, still the time and the filter by round to implement on my side Smile
Github is cool for code sharing and revision control but a big trouble if you store binaries or if you download modules from your addon Sad If I moved p2p-streams (plexus) to github as the main repository I would have a lot of work changing the code to download the modules and the ammount of traffic it generates would lead to my account being suspended for sure.

So I'm making the effort of moving all the addons to the official repository, drop the ones I don't use (or transfer ownership) and finding a new home for p2p (closed source tools) so I don't even attempt to submit it.

The alternative I found for p2p-streams after google code is dead is codeplex (by microsoft) - https://plexus.codeplex.com/. They still have svn, they allow the storage of zip/tar/bin files and I think it can handle the traffic. So if anyone faces the same trouble in the future, codeplex is a good alternative to google code.

=================

In the meanwhile let's brainstorm a bit. Implementing a library will require a specific view type for match listing. So, similar to movies or episodes list:

What parameters would you consider important having on-screen taking into account the variety of sports available?

-Event name ( Team X vs Team Y for matches / "X Grand prix" or similar for motorsports)
-Season
-Date
-Score/result
-Competition
-Round
Glad to hear this is still under construction. Really looking forward to it!

One thing I would recommend for people watching their library through the add-on is being able to avoid spoilers somehow.

Another thing I was hoping for in the library is being able to use file names that are commonly used on download sites, or can be automatically renamed. For example "2015 NRL Round 06 Eels vs. Titans.ts". A program I use named DropIt can also add dates to filenames as it moves them for example 2015 NRL Round 06 Eels vs. Titans 13-04-15.ts

Maybe it's not possible but it's nice to set something to download or record then it's automatically in the library without having to manually add theSportsDb id. If that's not possible maybe another thing to think about is a renamer utility that works with the site to do it for you.

Might be getting ahead of myself just something to think about.

Cheers
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unnamed/Sports Center - Sports for Kodi3