• 97(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
(2015-03-30, 16:37)popcornmix Wrote: The obvious question is if there was a modal dialog (i.e. one sitting on top of usual background gui) opened?
Is so, then I think refusing to jump to another screen is deliberate. If there wasn't a modal dialog then it sounds like a bug.

Yes, forgot to mention that! Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-03-30, 16:37)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-03-30, 16:32)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-03-30, 09:44)slack3r Wrote:
Code:
[b]09:22:19[/b] 581.003235 T:1967710208   DEBUG: OnKey: pause (0xdd) pressed, action is XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)
[b]09:22:[/b]19 581.003845 T:1967710208    INFO: Activate of window '10000' refused because there are active modal dialogs[/quote]

I think your problem is PR6828, introduced in #0327. You should probably raise a trac ticket.

The obvious question is if there was a modal dialog (i.e. one sitting on top of usual background gui) opened?
Is so, then I think refusing to jump to another screen is deliberate. If there wasn't a modal dialog then it sounds like a bug.

Thank you popcornmix and Milhouse. My question is: what is "modal dialog"? How can I check if it is opened?
During video playback I use these steps to jump to home:

- press OK button, then skipminus key.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modal_window

Basically any dialog box that doesn't allow you to use the window it belongs to until you close it.
(2015-03-30, 17:39)ktfzone Wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modal_window

Basically any dialog box that doesn't allow you to use the window it belongs to until you close it.

So pressing OK when video is playing (bringing up OSD) is creating a modal dialog (i.e. you stop normal video playback controls from working until OSD is closed).
Why are you pressing OK and then trying to jump to home screen?
Hi,

I'm having a small issue with LiveTV on my RPI1. I'm not able to watch the german TV channel "Servus TV HD" via TVHeadend. All the other channels I tried are working perfect. Also the encrypted ones.

When switching to "Servus TV HD" the screen keeps black.

I tried to record some minutes from this channel to check the video codec information.

Just as a first try, could someone say if it's codec or performance problem?
I'm going to post some debug logs later.

Code:
Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames                : 6 frames
Format settings, GOP                     : M=4, N=33
Codec ID                                 : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration                                 : 59mn 29s
Bit rate                                 : 11.1 Mbps
Width                                    : 1 280 pixels
Height                                   : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 50.000 fps
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.240
Stream size                              : 4.60 GiB (91%)
Language                                 : English
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No
Color primaries                          : BT.709
Transfer characteristics                 : BT.709
Matrix coefficients                      : BT.709
(2015-03-30, 17:43)tija Wrote: Just as a first try, could someone say if it's codec or performance problem?
I'm going to post some debug logs later.

Mediainfo looks fine. Typical H.264 file. Debug logs, and a sample file (if that fails to play) would be useful.
(2015-03-30, 17:39)ktfzone Wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modal_window

Thank you.

(2015-03-30, 17:42)popcornmix Wrote: So pressing OK when video is playing (bringing up OSD) is creating a modal dialog (i.e. you stop normal video playback controls from working until OSD is closed).

Because I want to jump to home screen without stopping video playback. Is there another way?
(2015-03-30, 17:53)slack3r Wrote: Because I want to jump to home screen without stopping video playback. Is there another way?

Are you just trying to toggle FullScreen?

Map a button to FullScreen, eg.
Code:
<skipminus>FullScreen</skipminus>
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-03-30, 16:39)Milhouse Wrote: So no crash with #0328, only #0329? I'd be surprised if it's only a problem for #0329.
No. I use a wired network. Wi-fi i just tested after purchasing RPi2 (month ago), and then pulled out. Today decided to try it again and got the problem.

Quote:A crash log should be useful. Most likely a problem with the driver and 3.19.3 kernel. You should test with a stock OpenELEC Nightly and if confirmed, report the problem to OpenELEC. If it's only a problem for #0329 this might suggest a slightly iffy build as nothing really changed in this area with last nights build.
Maybe, later. Thank you.
New OpenELEC Isengard build #0330: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.19.3 #1 Mon Mar 30 21:02:46 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Mar 27 2015 18:48:55
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version b2109b1c1c8ae8717df455cfaf312a6c1801f45a (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150330210157-#0330-g52753da [Build #0330]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001672.185: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (52753dae, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (bbec6b61, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Updated Kodi-15 patch - ensure Settings are saved on GUI shutdown/reboot
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [pvr.iptvsimple] Sync prv.iptvsimple. (PR:6838, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [pvr] Bump pvr.hts to version 2.1.7 (PR:6845, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [gui] fix endless loop in CloseDialogs() if not force close (PR:6849, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [gcc] fix gcc 4.6 compiler error introduced by #6828 (PR:6846, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [Fix] dvdplayer: Only one (external) vobsub could be displayed due to a ... (PR:6842, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • [Default Webinterface] make addon name more descriptive (PR:6841, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Backlog of amlcodec fixes (PR:6851, 4 commits, 1 file changed)
    • pivos: [amcodec-hack] pvr can reopen too fast, slow us down a little (fixes #15881) (PR:6850, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • ADD: [droid] implement Google Breakpad for minidumps (PR:6780, 2 commits, 10 files changed)
  2. libnfs:
    • Include the BSD license text in a separate file (PR:114, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  3. pvr.hts:
    • Added support for radio channel groups. (PR:17, 2 commits, 6 files changed)
    • Added (actually completed) support for parental rating and star rating. (PR:19, 2 commits, 4 files changed)
  4. kernel 3.19.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • BCM270x_DT: Refactor bcm2708.dtsi and bcm2709.dtsi (804d9686)
      • Guard fiq_fsm_spin_lock with fiq_enable check (8ba1e1f9)
  5. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
I'm looking to adjust the sharpness of my SD videos.
Is it possible to set the scaling_kernel or the scaling algorithm from userland or the GUI and make it persistent?
(2015-03-30, 18:06)Milhouse Wrote: Map a button to FullScreen, eg.
Code:
<skipminus>FullScreen</skipminus>
Solved in a similar way, thank you so much.

But... I hate that guy named xhaggi Big Grin Big Grin
Great that #0315 introduced full frame MVC support, but I noticed this intermittently, and now it seems all the time (currently on #0329):
The video will not be correctly scaled, it's zoomed (although it appears to only be about 150%) both horizontally and vertically, and when played in 3D mode, the two images are not alligined, almost like the second image is the remainder of the first image (the bit off the edge of the screen) that's somehow on top, or ghosting the other image.
The UI thinks it's playing H.SBS (perhaps that's just down to the fact that I've put H.SBS in the filename, there's no full frame packed option to select anyway). Like I say, I was able to get it to play full frame 3D fine the first few times on the earlier build. But now, not at all. The other thing I changed is I moved over from a B+ to a Pi2.
(2015-03-30, 17:53)slack3r Wrote:
(2015-03-30, 17:42)popcornmix Wrote: So pressing OK when video is playing (bringing up OSD) is creating a modal dialog (i.e. you stop normal video playback controls from working until OSD is closed).

Because I want to jump to home screen without stopping video playback. Is there another way?
Why are you not pressing "back" instead of "OK" then? Back will bring you to the previous window (just like the ToogleFullscreen action) and from there you can jump to home or wherever you want.
(2015-03-31, 10:27)da-anda Wrote: Why are you not pressing "back" instead of "OK" then? Back will bring you to the previous window (just like the ToogleFullscreen action) and from there you can jump to home or wherever you want.

You are right. My remote.xml was a bit chaotic. Thanks for your support.
  • 97(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112