• 87(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2015-03-31, 21:59)tredelijkheid Wrote:
(2015-03-28, 16:52)zavisko Wrote: hi guys,

recently i found one issue with this plugin and i have not found anything helpful on the web so i decided to post here. maybe somebody had already solved similar issue.

situation:
- i have two users in kodi 14.2 (openelec 5.0.6) and youtube plugin version 5.0.9
- youtube is working fine for master user, but playback fails with second user - activation worked fine, user logs successfully to youtube account and can browse liked or subscribed videos, only playback is failing
- this is failing in both mi RPi (version 1B+ and also version 2)
- it works fine for both users when running on kodi 14.2 under windows 7

Same problem here.. Running 5.0.7 OE and 5.0.9 for the Plugin.
I am a newbie - apologies for stupid questions or not following your guidelines....

http://pastebin.com/1iQ6HjAg

Thanks!
Please check your settings. This is not a problem of the addon. All connections from KODI are not working:
ERROR: Open - failed to open source <http://md5.superrepo.org/v5/.md5/helix/all/addons.xml.md5
Are you using a proxy or is your DNS configured correctly? You stated it yourself that it is working with windows...which means it's not an error of the addon neither (I think) of KODI.
I am sorry but I do not have any connection issues... Everything else works perfectly.
It really has to do something with the profiles. Enclosed the log of the Master profile which plays Youtube excellently with the add-on.

If I switch to one of the three other profiles (my kids as users) the plug-in does not seem to work...
There are other users with similar problemes.

Thanks for your effort.

http://pastebin.com/jb1S4RDx

Theo.
(2015-04-01, 20:42)tredelijkheid Wrote: I am sorry but I do not have any connection issues... Everything else works perfectly.
It really has to do something with the profiles. Enclosed the log of the Master profile which plays Youtube excellently with the add-on.

If I switch to one of the three other profiles (my kids as users) the plug-in does not seem to work...
There are other users with similar problemes.

Thanks for your effort.

http://pastebin.com/jb1S4RDx

Theo.
Maybe someone else can enlighten us. I'm not working with profiles and your log shows connection errors which have nothing todo with the addon. So this is not related to the addon. This has something todo with the profiles and maybe a KODI related problem.
Hmm... I see. At least the previous poster (zavisko) has the same issue.

I think you are right. With just one profile the streams work flawlessly.
Besides that - the Radio Add-On from Tristan Fischer has the same issue. So it's not only your Add-on.

Unfortunatly the Profiles are not really used by a large number of users and according to some sites it is "under developped"

Thanks for your help so far. Just one final question - should I raise this issue at OpenElec or Kodi?

Theo.
(2015-04-02, 10:07)tredelijkheid Wrote: Hmm... I see. At least the previous poster (zavisko) has the same issue.

I think you are right. With just one profile the streams work flawlessly.
Besides that - the Radio Add-On from Tristan Fischer has the same issue. So it's not only your Add-on.

Unfortunatly the Profiles are not really used by a large number of users and according to some sites it is "under developped"

Thanks for your help so far. Just one final question - should I raise this issue at OpenElec or Kodi?

Theo.

hi,

i think its probably an openelec issue or if its kodi then it is only related to linux version (i dont have currently any linux to try it, but maybe ill instal some virtual machine to try that when i find some time)
i have tried under windows and this plugin works for all profiles there

PS: if you raise this issue at openelec or kodi can you pls post a link here?

thanks,
zavisko
Thanks for the feedback of you both. I would say you should raise the issue for KODI.
Other than patiently waiting for a download option (I don't use it much, but it's definitely nice to have), I haven't had anything to say about this addon for a while now. I love it.
Today I found something that may need some tweaking. I noticed that search history stops accepting new entries once the set limit is hit. Shouldn't it be a history of the most recent searches? Instead, once the list is full, no new searches are saved unless some are removed first.
My suggestion/request is to change the behavior of search history and add a "saved searches" menu. Then any searches users don't want flushed out of their search history can be stored.
(2015-04-04, 14:29)dkplayaclub Wrote: Other than patiently waiting for a download option (I don't use it much, but it's definitely nice to have), I haven't had anything to say about this addon for a while now. I love it.
Today I found something that may need some tweaking. I noticed that search history stops accepting new entries once the set limit is hit. Shouldn't it be a history of the most recent searches? Instead, once the list is full, no new searches are saved unless some are removed first.
My suggestion/request is to change the behavior of search history and add a "saved searches" menu. Then any searches users don't want flushed out of their search history can be stored.
When it reaches the limit the new search will be the first entry. Max. up to 50 searches can be stored, which in my opinion is more than enough. The oldes search (51) will be deleted.
Odd. that's not the behavior I am seeing. I have my my limit set to 10 searches. The first 10 searches stay as the 10 saved no matter how many more things I search for.
(2015-04-04, 18:48)dkplayaclub Wrote: Odd. that's not the behavior I am seeing. I have my my limit set to 10 searches. The first 10 searches stay as the 10 saved no matter how many more things I search for.

I see Sad will be fixed in the 5.1.0
Cool. No rush. It's not even that big of a deal really, I just thought I would bring it to your attention.
(2015-04-04, 19:38)dkplayaclub Wrote: Cool. No rush. It's not even that big of a deal really, I just thought I would bring it to your attention.

Should be fixed in the beta Smile
This is an early test for this feature - but if you select 'More Links from the description' the addon tries to extract further YouTube relevant links. It's for this kind of videos where the user tells you he puts a video link in the description below Big Grin

Keep in mind - this is a beta version for the upcoming 5.1.0

Version 5.1.0~beta5 (2015-04-03)
ADD: 'More Links from the description' - extracts furthur links from the description

When I try to add a video to playlist I receive an error "Unauthorized". Anyone know how I can fix this? I have verified that I am logged in with my account.
(2015-04-05, 17:07)quan3t Wrote: When I try to add a video to playlist I receive an error "Unauthorized". Anyone know how I can fix this? I have verified that I am logged in with my account.
Debug log (wiki)
  • 87(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20