• 103(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
Have people with HDMI drop-out issues tried looking at the hdmi_clock_change_limit option in config.txt. I was getting drop outs on my Onkyo and experimenting with that seems to have stopped them. (
Openelec 5.0.8 is doing the same thing.
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
noggin, could you elaborate on what you did?
(2015-04-04, 12:39)afremont Wrote: noggin, could you elaborate on what you did?

See: http://kodi.wiki/view/Raspberry_Pi_FAQ#A...ts_on_HDMI

Basicially add "hdmi_clock_change_limit=20" to config.txt and see if the problem is resolved.
If it is you might want to try increasing it (e.g. to 40 or 80). Ideally you want that largest value that doesn't produce dropouts.
(2015-04-04, 08:12)afremont Wrote: I'm thinking that the Pi output is dropping out for a split second. It only does this when playing TV, never when it's just the gui on the screen. I don't have any videos that I can check it with, other than a bunch of low res TV recordings and they seem ok the vast majority of the time, but my wife said she saw it happen once with one of them. Maybe this all connected to deinterlacing since the 720p TV seems ok?

Try setting deinterlace to "off". If this fixes it, I'd suggest trying:
Code:
hvs_priority=0xf3fc
in config.txt
(2015-04-04, 05:39)MONSTA Wrote: build #0403
One-third of mkv remuxes don't plays with dvdplayer Smile

Did they play with #0402? Can you provide a sample (e.g. 1 minute) file that fails to play?
(2015-04-02, 00:41)popcornmix Wrote: I've just tested and I'm not seeing that. Played an MVC mkv file, set video type to SBS. Enabled 3D mode, seeking stayed in 3D mode. Enabled "Play as 2D" and seeking stayed in 2D mode.
Tried with omxplayer enabled and disabled. A debug log (wiki) may help.

Note: I don't have a 3D tv currently, so I'm debugging with "Support MVC" enabled and "Use Full HD HDMI modes for 3D" disabled. Without the latter I don't get an image on TV.
Does disabling "Use Full HD HDMI modes for 3D" change the behaviour?
I was using 0401 for this test, but "Use Full HD HDMI" didn't have any influence on this behavior. As soon as I seeked in a MVC file while watching it 2D it was switched into 3D mode again. I noticed though that this only happens with mmal - so using OMXplayer only worked as expected. Unfortunately the TV is in use atm so I could only do a very quick test - will get you a debug log tonight.
I tried adding config_hdmi_boost=4 and hdmi_clock_change_limit=40

It seems better in a quick test when just watching TV full screen, but when the UI is brought up and the video is playing underneath, it still happens. it's that absolute worst when the TV is playing in a window with the channel list up.

Some further experiments show that turning off the Onkyo and letting the signal pass through still causes the projector to lose sync (?) and then re-esatablish it.

I'm going to go back to OE 5.0.5 and see if it still happens. It's booting up now.
(2015-04-04, 13:41)afremont Wrote: I'm going to go back to OE 5.0.5 and see if it still happens. It's booting up now.

Try the hvs_priority setting first. I suspect that will fix it.
I also tried hdmi_clock_change_limit=20 with no satisfaction. Reverting to OE 5.0.5 works fine so far, so that seems to rule out my receiver having a flaky HDMI port. For some reason OE 5.0.5 defaults to config_hdmi_boost=4, but that isn't the key to making it work with the latest stuff.

I will try using a boost value of 6 and see if that helps. I'm not seeing any "low voltage" squares on the screen at any time. I will try a different PS just to be sure that power doesn't have anything to do with it.

@popcornmix:
Thank you for the advice. I will try turning off de-interlacing now. Google wasn't much help, so what does "hvs_priority=0xf3fc" do exactly? To reiterate, OE 5.0.5 works perfectly with the sync and refresh adjust turned off.
(2015-04-04, 13:54)afremont Wrote: @popcornmix:
Thank you for the advice. I will try turning off de-interlacing now. Google wasn't much help, so what does "hvs_priority=0xf3fc" do exactly? To reiterate, OE 5.0.5 works perfectly with the sync and refresh adjust turned off.

It undoes "hvs: experimental: reduce hvs non-panic priority on 2836" introduced here.
@popcornmix
That seems to have done the trick. +1 for your reputation Smile Thanks so much. You're a genius! I'll look into the link you provided and see if I can make heads or tails of what it does. I'll try using DVDPlayer some more now and see if can tolerate MeTV any better. Wink I'll try to keep current with updates so that I can identify better where something breaks. zaphod24 has also been a big help I think. I was pretty worried that I was having an HDMI failure in progress.

Is this causing problems with a lot of Pi2 boxes, or am I a fluke?
@popcornmix

I can't make heads or tails of that. Can you dumb it down a bit for me, actually some elaboration will probably get through to me. I gather it has to do with the massively powerful scaler. Is it "running dry" when trying to fetch info? Would overclocking help anything? Currently, I don't overclock anything.

BTW, I'm getting some macroblocking and some occasional freezes on what should be a good signal. Any relationship? Any ideas to improve it? It could be the weather since it's fairly cool this morning and it was hot yesterday. Maybe it's caused by "ducting" of the TV signal. I live in somewhat of an RF hole. There is a freeway system between me and the transmitters that is much higher than my house. It's about 1/2 mile away. This is the main channel (max 79950kbs rate) and is broadcast in 1080i.

EDIT: It appears that I may have been getting some multipath interference. I adjusted the antenna a few degrees and it seemed to help with the macroblocking. So far so good with the hvs_priority setting.
I haven't tried fixing my brother's TVH problem by moving the USB tuner to a different port yet but thinking about it, as the problem was that the web portal on port 9981 wasn't working at all, not that it was opening but not showing any adapters, can it actually be anything to do with the tuner failing to be properly identified/installed? Shouldn't it open anyway but just fail to show any adapters under the dropdown? If so, any suggestions what I should try to get it to at least open?
@doveman2: You haven't answered if you get the same problem with an official OpenELEC release. You may want to start a separate thread to discuss this problem, or ask in the TVH forum, as I'm not sure what it has to do with these test builds.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
  • 103(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112