• 104(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
(2015-04-04, 19:46)Milhouse Wrote: @doveman2: You haven't answered if you get the same problem with an official OpenELEC release. You may want to start a separate thread to discuss this problem, or ask in the TVH forum, as I'm not sure what it has to do with these test builds.

Yeah sorry, I haven't tried the official build yet either, just wondered if there's any known reason why the web portal might not be accessible with these testbuilds. I'll continue elsewhere as suggested.
I don't even know what the "web portal" is, do you mean the webserver (default port 80)? Or is this something else that TVH installs?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-04-04, 19:55)Milhouse Wrote: I don't even know what the "web portal" is, do you mean the webserver (default port 80)? Or is this something else that TVH installs?

TV Headend has a web configuration portal on port 9981.
(2015-04-04, 19:56)noggin Wrote:
(2015-04-04, 19:55)Milhouse Wrote: I don't even know what the "web portal" is, do you mean the webserver (default port 80)? Or is this something else that TVH installs?

TV Headend has a web configuration portal on port 9981.

Yep, that's what I meant.
Ok, thanks, someone in the TVH forum might be best placed to help.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-04-04, 19:33)doveman2 Wrote: I haven't tried fixing my brother's TVH problem by moving the USB tuner to a different port yet but thinking about it, as the problem was that the web portal on port 9981 wasn't working at all, not that it was opening but not showing any adapters, can it actually be anything to do with the tuner failing to be properly identified/installed? Shouldn't it open anyway but just fail to show any adapters under the dropdown? If so, any suggestions what I should try to get it to at least open?

Sounds like TV Headend isn't running. If TVH can't find an adaptor it will still let you access the web portal, you just won't see any adaptors in the drop down, as you suggest.

Have you checked it is installed. It's in the unofficial repo these days ISTR.
(2015-04-04, 20:31)noggin Wrote: Sounds like TV Headend isn't running. If TVH can't find an adaptor it will still let you access the web portal, you just won't see any adaptors in the drop down, as you suggest.

Have you checked it is installed. It's in the unofficial repo these days ISTR.

Yeah, it's definitely installed and we rebooted in case that was necessary to start it running.

Anyway, I've started a thread in the TVH section here now: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1974204
New OpenELEC Isengard build #0404: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.19.3 #1 Sat Apr 4 21:03:27 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Apr  2 2015 19:07:52
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version c4999ca9716de65738fd6b73b2f62e003268b9a7 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150404210236-#0404-g7c6f26a [Build #0404]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001662.603: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (7c6f26ac, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (9990ecd8, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. dcadec updates
  2. OpenELEC multi-repo support
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • repository.unofficial: enable multi-repo support (df5c98bf)
  2. XBMC:
    • [xbmc.webinterface] fix typo in webinterface.xsd (PR:6870, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [README.pvr] fixed old name and URL (closes #15866) (PR:6868, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • FIX: [droid] Samba 3.6.12 (gplv3) (PR:6833, 1 commit, 7 files changed)
    • FIX: [jni] Do not detach UI thread (PR:6863, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • changed: Allow all internet filesystems for flags extraction except http/ftp (PR:3836, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
    • [Fix] Fix the Blu-ray simple menu entry "select from all titles...". (PR:6876, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. dcadec:
    • Optimize double to int conversion. (368f5a6a)
    • Simplify declaration of band coefficients. (2f322d66)
    • Optimize sync word checks. (e8703bae)
    • Fix wrong mention of WAVEFORMATEX in docs. (6b08f4a4)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: PR:4: [pvr] pvr.wmc version 0.5.3 (pvr.wmc)
Just some overall feedback on the comulative progress in the isengard branch.

I was having some major issues with 5.0.6, 5.0.7, and 5.0.8 which I ended up getting back to back to back in one night because I rarely reboot my pi. The gui was super laggy, videos were stop n go with more stop than go, and one of the updates even reset my guisettings.xml.

After updating to #403 I was like OMG.

Ever since CEC was implemented there was a noticeably long delay between keypresses all the way up and including 5.0.8, so I assumed it was just my TV passing the commands slowly. With #403 this is like 10x faster, not even exaggerating.

Also, the GUI used to be super slow for me, and I did some tweaks and turned off services and upgraded the SD and all the stuff we do to get it pretty quick up to 5.0.5, and I was finally comfortable with the fluidity I was getting. I thought it was the best I would get on a pi given the hardware. I was wrong. #403 is light-years faster than 5.0.5/5.0.8 browsing the library, menus, starting and stopping videos, etc.

I no longer have any stop-n-go video, or any lag or buffering either.

So far I haven't found any feature that I use to be not working as well or better than before. But I have found one bug that still exists in these builds that was in previous builds, which I finally just now got around to reporting on GitHub.

Thanks for the hard work to all contributors, amazed how far it's come so quick.
(2015-04-04, 23:55)miigotu Wrote: But I have found one bug that still exists in these builds that was in previous builds, which I finally just now got around to reporting on GitHub.

Thanks for the positive feedback. However it's likely your issue on the OpenELEC Github will be closed without resolution as it's almost certainly a Kodi issue, not OpenELEC. You should open a ticket on trac, or start a new thread in the OS Independent section.
Yes, it is an OS independant issue, which I just figured out by testing it on my other devices. The github issue was marked as Kodi, but not closed. Upstream however seems to see it as a back burner thing, as simple of a fix as it may seem.
I have added some info and a thread about it to my OpenElec bug report hoping someone can decide what to do with it, trac is too confusing. Martijn says in the thread The default webinterface is broken beyond repair. Install the Chorus Interface
That should be done in the tree, or fixed imho.

Indeed though this thread is not the place for it.

Edit, I closed the issue on github, with a link to the trac ticket I just created. Should be easy to keep track of it with all my cross-linking for anyone who cares.
(2015-04-04, 13:21)popcornmix Wrote: Can you provide a sample (e.g. 1 minute) file that fails to play?

MKV https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9_XmyO...sp=sharing
M2TS https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9_XmyO...sp=sharing
The second sample is a piece of main stream in BD folder, which causes problems with all of 04xx builds. Many mkv's open too long.
I mean dvdplayer. #0331 no problem.
Hello and happy Easter to all ;-)

i have a huge collection of DTS5.1-Audio-Files at home.
They all would play over my PhilipsDVD Player on CD or USB, also over SPDIF with VLC Mediaplayer on my PC.
All Files ripping to wave and plays correct on my Yamaha DTS Receiver.

RaspberryPi 2 (also 1) would play only some Files over HDMI .

On google_drive i've stored:
1.) a bad file no 1 (pink noise with flashing DTS indikator on Receiver)
2.) a good file no 5 DTS_5.1 from a CD, with 44100hz and a bitrate of 1411kBit/s.

... any suggestion what is wrong on Pi - early builds like #301 (tested also with an older Pi-B one) have the same appearance.

Thank you very much for assistance.

Harald
hm, some Problems with google sharing on this board?

*[https://drive.google.com/folderview?
id=0B2rgZ0BhaLRAfkRZVTgtVXNySnliVHJrUm9PZ2kzNWZfUnBKczc3Z21VWmZkeHVrNFo4Qlk&usp=sharing]*

...if so, im searching for an other place to upload this files, sorry
Strange issue with 0403, Kodi has crashed around midnight the last 2 nights. Sample crashlog at http://sprunge.us/FIKb
  • 104(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112