• 105(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
(2015-04-05, 15:37)zaphod24 Wrote: Strange issue with 0403, Kodi has crashed around midnight the last 2 nights. Sample crashlog at http://sprunge.us/FIKb

Unfortunately not much useful information in that crashlog, I'll upload a new debug build shortly.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-04-05, 12:12)doldi Wrote: RaspberryPi 2 (also 1) would play only some Files over HDMI .

Is this using passthrough or decode to PCM? When decoding to PCM, is this with 8 channel DTS HD enabled or disabled?

Try dropbox for hosting files.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-04-04, 13:22)da-anda Wrote:
(2015-04-02, 00:41)popcornmix Wrote: I've just tested and I'm not seeing that. Played an MVC mkv file, set video type to SBS. Enabled 3D mode, seeking stayed in 3D mode. Enabled "Play as 2D" and seeking stayed in 2D mode.
Tried with omxplayer enabled and disabled. A debug log (wiki) may help.

Note: I don't have a 3D tv currently, so I'm debugging with "Support MVC" enabled and "Use Full HD HDMI modes for 3D" disabled. Without the latter I don't get an image on TV.
Does disabling "Use Full HD HDMI modes for 3D" change the behaviour?
I was using 0401 for this test, but "Use Full HD HDMI" didn't have any influence on this behavior. As soon as I seeked in a MVC file while watching it 2D it was switched into 3D mode again. I noticed though that this only happens with mmal - so using OMXplayer only worked as expected. Unfortunately the TV is in use atm so I could only do a very quick test - will get you a debug log tonight.
@popcornmix - here is a debug log http://pastebin.com/7Qh3wtNx
I started playback in 3D, did a seek, then switched to 2D mode and did several seeks. The odd thing with this testing round was that seeking worked as expected for the first 2 seeks in 2D mode, but on the last seek it switched back into 3D mode. Hope this helps.

PS: sorry for the log spam by the PVR addons - seems I missed to disable one that got auto enabled/installed
Hi Milhouse,
i am using passtrough for DTS, because with PCM my Yamaha Receiver wouldn't decode DTS Signals (normaly) :-)
It's with 5.1 DTS enabeld - my Receiver have only DTS / dolby(AC3) 5.1, plus the option 6.1 (extended)

The only way to play generally, in the first place, this 44.1Khz/1411 kBit/s files are with this settings on Pi:

Audio Device: HDMI
No of channels: 5.1 to 7.1 (all play)
qutput config: best match
Resamle quality: low(fast)
Keep audio Device: off
Enable passtrough: on
AC3 : on
E-AC3: off/on (whatever)
DTS: on

ok, have now uploaded over 100Mb of two DTS Audio CD files , over 15min upload with german DSL :-):

Bad is the file 01 - ok is the file 05

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6v954lo7ft2cik...d.wav?dl=0

THX

btw - you must download this files for testing - in browser it would not play.
(2015-04-05, 15:37)zaphod24 Wrote: Strange issue with 0403, Kodi has crashed around midnight the last 2 nights. Sample crashlog at http://sprunge.us/FIKb

I've uploaded new debug builds, can you capture a new crash log which will hopefully include more information? Thanks.

Build #0404b: RPi / RPi2
Thanks Milhouse! Downloaded and updated my debug SD card. Probably have to wait until after midnight my time for it to crash but I will upload the logs if it does.
Well, I can say that build 403 hasn't been crashing at midnight, so maybe it has something to do with myth vs wmc pvr stuff? I did have one crash when the WMC PVR plugin apparently updated itself because I had a dialog show up saying that the dependencies hadn't been met and asked if I wanted to disable the addon. I said NO, and then when I went to the TV/Channels tab, it blew up. After Kodi restarted itself, it has been fine since. It had been up for quite some time, so I assume that the addon did some kind of automatic update. Does that sound right?

So far, since I added the "hvs_priority=0xf3fc" option to config.txt that popcornmix suggested, it's all been going well. I've been using DVDPlayer instead of OMXPlayer. It did get way out of sync once yesterday when the wife was watching something, and I mean like more than 1 second off. I just had her end the playback and then resume it and it was all fine after that. In retrospect, I wish that I had brought up the codec overlay and checked out the information before ending the playback. I have "adjust display refresh rate to match video" and "Sync playback to display" both disabled. It seems to work better playing live TV, but I haven't done extensive tests on it.
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
pvr.wmc is yet to update with PVR API 1.9.6 hence the dialog asking if it should be disabled... I assume it will be updated in due course, and when it is it will be included in the build. I added PR:4 in the last build thinking it would include the API bump but on further investigation apparently not.
I thought it was weird that the dialog didn't come at start up, but after it had been running for quite some time. At any rate, it seems to work okay.

Well it has one issue that has been around for a while. It gets an error when you try to play the most recent finished recording. It can play the in-progress recording ok, but when it moves to the completed list, it won't play until you restart Kodi. No big deal, I assume that will be fixed at some point. Restarting only takes a few seconds (Pi2) so we can live it with it.

Whatever you're doing, keep doing it. It works so don't leave it out, please. It's an absolute deal killer at our house if it can't be used. It's pretty much all we use Kodi for, a front-end to a WMC DVR setup.

Thanks again for the hard work. It keeps getting better all the time. I'm really happy with the speed of things.
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
(2015-04-05, 23:12)afremont Wrote: Well it has one issue that has been around for a while. It gets an error when you try to play the most recent finished recording. It can play the in-progress recording ok, but when it moves to the completed list, it won't play until you restart Kodi. No big deal, I assume that will be fixed at some point. Restarting only takes a few seconds (Pi2) so we can live it with it.

You might want to make sure they know about it by opening an issue on the pvr.wmc github.
New OpenELEC Isengard build #0405: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.19.3 #1 Sun Apr 5 21:02:59 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Apr  2 2015 19:07:52
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version c4999ca9716de65738fd6b73b2f62e003268b9a7 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150405210133-#0405-g8bb721a [Build #0405]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001667.069: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (8bb721ae, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (9990ecd8, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. OpenELEC kernel 4.0-rc6 updates (Generic)
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • rework live mode and clean up (PR:4071, 3 commits, 4 files changed)
    • linux: move tivo slide pro patch to versioned/project dirs (2f342890)
    • xf86-video-nvidia: add patch to support kernel 4.0 (7ab7564a)
    • RTL8188EU: add patch to support kernel 4.0 (0949de22)
    • RTL8192CU: add patch to support kernel 4.0 (234ff6a6)
    • RTL8192DU: add patch to support kernel 4.0 (1c71f4c3)
    • RTL8812AU: add patch to support kernel 4.0 (a7b5c612)
    • linux: update to linux-4.0-rc6 (for Generic project) (fc8f8082)
    • scripts/mkimage: change image owner back to the calling user (b20d36e3)
    • mkimage: x86: always creeate uefi images (c2b378c8)
    • installer: remove flashrom support (61db36b2)
    • remove package: flashrom. moving to unofficial (1771c6c8)
    • tools/mkpkg: remove mkpkg_libnfs. not used (b729cebb)
    • init: storage should always be writable (d826fa2e)
Thanks for the new build! Crash log from the debug build from earlier today uploaded to http://sprunge.us/MIib
Holy #£&@... something looks to have gone seriously wrong in the add-on department...

Can you make a backup of your Databases directory, delete all your Addons##.db files and see if the problem continues?

Did you say this problem started with #0403?
Thanks for the tip. I deleted the addon db and restarted so we will see if it acts weird again overnight.
@Milhouse Is this build capable of 3d frame sequential output or only framepacked? Is frame sequential at all possible? Either way great work - with proper 3d and hd audio solutions I'm definitely getting a Pi 2.

EDIT: it looks like the pi supports 720/120hz so if it can decode mvc now I guess the bigger question is will it output frame sequential instead of framepacked?
  • 105(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112