• 20(current)
Vero OSMC
(2015-04-05, 17:39)Koying Wrote:
(2015-04-05, 17:31)Verouser Wrote: They are not fake, Why would i take it apart and post fake pictures. It is a SolidRun Product inside.

That was a joke vs. the everlasting denial that Vero is NOT a Cubox Wink

Ohh I get it Blush
(2015-04-05, 17:26)Koying Wrote:
(2015-04-05, 17:13)Dilligaf Wrote: I have always thought that as a team member their words/conversation reflected on the team as a whole and as such they should remain impartial and be held to a higher standard than a regular forum user.

Yeah, right Wink

Meaning?

I am a member on the Raspbmc/OSMC team and others and have never hidden that. As a team member I feel that my statements/actions reflect upon them and temper my words or set aside my personal opinions when I represent them. Maybe if I disagree strongly about something in the future I will make a separate user to voice my opinions. Like it or not statements made by Team Kodi members do reflect upon the team as a whole.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2015-04-05, 18:09)Dilligaf Wrote: I am a member on the Raspbmc/OSMC team and others and have never hidden that. As a team member I feel that my statements/actions reflect upon them and temper my words or set aside my personal opinions when I represent them.

Good for you.
We are not a business, you know Wink

(2015-04-05, 18:09)Dilligaf Wrote: Maybe if I disagree strongly about something in the future I will make a separate user to voice my opinions.

Good one Big Grin
We are open and proponent of free-speech!
(2015-04-05, 18:09)Dilligaf Wrote:
(2015-04-05, 17:26)Koying Wrote:
(2015-04-05, 17:13)Dilligaf Wrote: I have always thought that as a team member their words/conversation reflected on the team as a whole and as such they should remain impartial and be held to a higher standard than a regular forum user.

Yeah, right Wink

Meaning?

I am a member on the Raspbmc/OSMC team and others and have never hidden that. As a team member I feel that my statements/actions reflect upon them and temper my words or set aside my personal opinions when I represent them. Maybe if I disagree strongly about something in the future I will make a separate user to voice my opinions. Like it or not statements made by Team Kodi members do reflect upon the team as a whole.

Thanks for outing. Can you say something about the technical backgrounds? Why was this hardware chosen with all the sw and even hw issues that exist? Why do you trust in vero? Which users do you want to reach?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I'm actually not that technical and had no say in the Vero and make nothing from it. I act as a Mod on their forums and do a lot of testing. What I can say, and it's quite obvious, if the Vero was exactly the same as the CBi it would boot Vero images, but it doesn't.

It is my belief that the target audience is the non technical market that just wants to plug it in and it works, so future support would be high on their list. Or the semi technical that wants a media player that can be tweaked and doesn't have a locked file system.

You could always buy an Ebay "pirate" box that drops support as soon as it hits your doorstep, or worse directs you here for support where your post is quickly deleted as you mention the pirate addon which is most likely your problem. We (the OSMC team) have a similar policy and do not support piracy and our products do not ship with any questionable addons.

In reality if you're reading this thread then you're not interested in the Vero
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2015-04-05, 18:52)Dilligaf Wrote: [...]In reality if you're reading this thread then you're not interested in the Vero

Just realized why I'm reading this... Thanks.
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-04-05, 18:52)Dilligaf Wrote: What I can say, and it's quite obvious, if the Vero was exactly the same as the CBi it would boot Vero images, but it doesn't.

That's a bug, not a feature Wink

(2015-04-05, 18:52)Dilligaf Wrote: You could always buy an Ebay "pirate" box that drops support as soon as it hits your doorstep
Or a €40 Amazon Fire Stick. You get perfect Netflix and an app store Smile
(2015-04-05, 18:58)Koying Wrote: Or a €40 Amazon Fire Stick. You get perfect Netflix and an app store Smile

That you have to hack into to install SPMC/Kodi and it lacks audio support,
(2015-04-05, 19:00)Dilligaf Wrote:
(2015-04-05, 18:58)Koying Wrote: Or a €40 Amazon Fire Stick. You get perfect Netflix and an app store Smile

That you have to hack into to install SPMC/Kodi and it lacks audio support,

Hack? Ok, you have to sideload the apk manually via adbfire. Easier than writing an sdcard, actually.
Audio support? You get 5.1 HDMI passthrough, which is ok for the 90% who cares above 2.0.

And it does deinterlacing + subtitles pretty well Smile
(2015-04-05, 19:21)Koying Wrote: Hack? Ok, you have to sideload the apk manually via adbfire.

Which is definitely above the non techie audience, but we could argue this ad nauseum......
OH wait, it already has been argued to death.

I didn't post here to defend the Vero, it will either succeed or fail, it's up to the end user and the open market.

I'm here to ask about the uncalled for HATE that seems to be rampant.
(2015-04-05, 19:34)Dilligaf Wrote: [I'm here to ask about the uncalled for HATE that seems to be rampant.
Hate? We don't hate Vero.
We just say that it is an underpowered white Cubox i2 and that you are charging $100 over it's street price for it. You seem to have a problem with those facts.

We are yet to be convinced that those $$$ are used for the good of the Kodi users. Surprise us by upstreaming patches...
(2015-04-05, 19:49)Koying Wrote:
(2015-04-05, 19:34)Dilligaf Wrote: [I'm here to ask about the uncalled for HATE that seems to be rampant.
Hate? We don't hate Vero.
We just say that it is an underpowered white Cubox i2 and that you are charging $100 over it's street price for it. You seem to have a problem with those facts.

We are yet to be convinced that those $$$ are used for the good of the Kodi users. Surprise us by upstreaming patches...

You can say it's about the Vero if you want but we both know it has been going on long before the Vero was even a thought, anyways I can see that nothing is going to come of this so I'm done
Assuming the images taking apart a Vero are accurate, can someone actually detail precisely what a Vero IS and EXACTLY how it is different from a Cubox-i2 ?

Perhaps others do, but as I said before, I don't have any hate for Sam or OSMC or the Vero. What I do have a problem with is people buying a device and being uninformed as to its possible issues and limitations. Again, the getvero.tv site is aimed at non-technical users looking for an easy out-of-the-box experience. I still say there should be an asterisk to the statement on the site that "Vero will play almost anything you throw at it."

The sample videos that some Vero owners have now tested and are having issues with are, as fritsch said, typical live TV content in Germany. They were being used by Kodi i.MX6 developers to gauge how various attempts at performance improvement faired. I do hope that further tuning is possible and some recent updates to OSMC for the Vero do appear to have improved the playback of those video samples according to Vero owners. It sounds like those with i.MX6 development experience are skeptical that there will be any further improvement.

Putting aside the issues with playback of the "tough" video samples, there is still an issue with CEC not working properly and that has been a problem for i.MX6 for as long as I have owned my Cubox. Perhaps not many Vero owners will use the device to watch live TV but I think a much larger portion of users would like to control the device using their TV remote.
(2015-04-05, 19:52)Dilligaf Wrote: You can say it's about the Vero if you want but we both know it has been going on long before the Vero was even a thought, anyways I can see that nothing is going to come of this so I'm done

Mmm... Is it part of Public Relations 101 to not answer embarrassing questions and do a grandiloquent leave? That surely won't help...
(2015-04-05, 19:56)zaphod24 Wrote: Assuming the images taking apart a Vero are accurate, can someone actually detail precisely what a Vero IS and EXACTLY how it is different from a Cubox-i2 ?

As far as we can tell, nothing. Which makes us think that the fact that the OSMC image doesn't work on a normal Cubox is a bug.
A boot log would probably tell. You can use the mini-usb port as a serial console: http://wiki.solid-run.com/Serial_console

[EDIT] Ah, no. No RS232 on the micro-usb on the I2. http://www.solid-run.com/products/cubox-...fications/
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vero OSMC11