• 21(current)
Vero OSMC
Or one of the Vero sellers/supporters could just provide the details...
Well its not strictly an i2, as the vero has gig ethernet and its not an i2ex as it has a gc800 not a gc 2000.

So I have assumed this was a custom hardware combination they were buying from solidrun and isn't strictly a cuboxi because it doesn't exactly match any current model.

I assume but haven't heard definitely if it has the same problems with a max ethernet speed as the cubox.
_all_ the i2s out there have gig ethernet as of now (hw wise) ... the 100Mbit that is written on the site is just an option for the future to run it at lower speeds if chips needs changing.

Edit: Is there an I2 owner that can verify that? Just plug in a cable and see the lamp on the switch
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@zaphod24: Can you replace imx6dl-vero.dtb in the root dir of the image with: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5572...l-vero.dtb ?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Oh interesting. I have only used the i4, I didn't realize the solidrun site was wrong when it listed only 100 for the gc800 variants of the cubox-i.
Yes, my I2 has gig-E but as documented in several places including the OpenELEC forums (http://openelec.tv/forum/144-usage/74736...t-ethernet), it is sometimes better to force the speed manually to 100mb.

I got my I2 as a special "red" edition from Newegg in March 2014 before they started offering the i2ex and/or wifi and bluetooth as options on the i2.
@zaphod24 Do you have the wifi+bt variant of the I2?
(2015-04-05, 16:52)Koying Wrote: Well, there is exactly 0 (zero) mention of Kodi on the Vero homepage, not a credit, not a "thanks", so I don't think you can honestly say you participate in the spreading of Kodi Wink
Kodi is clearly acknowledged on the OSMC website:

http://osmc.tv/about
https://osmc.tv/help/wiki

The Vero website clearly says it runs OSMC and the OSMC website says it is based on Kodi - I don't see a problem here ? Clutching at straws are we ?
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
No, as I said, I bought very early from Newegg. I actually pre-ordered my I2 and it was special red colored version just for Newegg. This was in March of last year so they weren't offering wifi/bt and the i2ex wasn't out yet. If I could make a different choice, other than to have just waited for an RPi2 (which I didn't know was coming), I would have gotten the I4pro or waited a little longer for the CuboxTV.

Fortunately I only spent $79 on my i2. I'd be VERY upset if I'd had the same experience but spent $199. I do wonder if the Vero/OSMC folks will offer refunds if purchasers aren't satisfied with their Vero and/or possibly re-spec a new Vero device based on the I4pro or CuboxTV and allow owners to exchange for them.

I'm still hoping they can squeeze more out of the Vero and do eventually correct the issues with CEC but I'm also doubtful. I work in IT so I always hope for the best but prepare for the worst.
The cuboxes have everything on the SD card, so I bet the OSMC kernel is panicking because wifi/bt are not there. Shouldn't be hard to fix for them, if they want to.
(2015-04-05, 20:59)zaphod24 Wrote: No, as I said, I bought very early from Newegg. I actually pre-ordered my I2 and it was special red colored version just for Newegg. This was in March of last year so they weren't offering wifi/bt and the i2ex wasn't out yet. If I could make a different choice, other than to have just waited for an RPi2 (which I didn't know was coming), I would have gotten the I4pro or waited a little longer for the CuboxTV.

Fortunately I only spent $79 on my i2. I'd be VERY upset if I'd had the same experience but spent $199. I do wonder if the Vero/OSMC folks will offer refunds if purchasers aren't satisfied with their Vero and/or possibly re-spec a new Vero device based on the I4pro or CuboxTV and allow owners to exchange for them.

I'm still hoping they can squeeze more out of the Vero and do eventually correct the issues with CEC but I'm also doubtful. I work in IT so I always hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

CEC issues are worked on by wolfgar - but he has taken some time off currently. Mk01 of xbian projects also has some other fixes in the queue. Kodi wise, every distro (besides xbian, they code byself) currently run with: https://github.com/fritsch/xbmc/tree/imx-rebase-pr (IMX wise).

Now test the image please, with the firmware replaced :-)
(2015-04-05, 20:57)DBMandrake Wrote:
(2015-04-05, 16:52)Koying Wrote: Well, there is exactly 0 (zero) mention of Kodi on the Vero homepage, not a credit, not a "thanks", so I don't think you can honestly say you participate in the spreading of Kodi Wink
Kodi is clearly acknowledged on the OSMC website:

Did I say the OSMC page?
Oh no, I said the Vero homepage (https://getvero.tv/), the one where it is said "OSMC builds on Raspbmc's renowned reputation".
@zaphod24: Wait a moment it's not so easy.

You need to prepare the card in a special way, dding SPL and using some u-boot.img from elsewhere, afterwards copy the dtb files manually. Then run the installer and afterwards do those steps again. Basically the provided u-boot is replaced. As I don't want to spam this thread here any further, contact me by mail if you want to know the exact steps.
Many people have been signing up and posting here and they have 1 post so I thought I would do the same and join under anon

@MediaPi is weird. He started the thread and now he is concerned about negativity. I would consider that fair except either he or someone else edited his post because that is not what he posted on launch day. To then have the nerve to say it's too negative is funny and astounding. Plus you have a history of piracy: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1970802 so I suspect you don't like actually paying for anything of value. I'm surprised Kodi so closely aligns with you

I think what most people here are saying is to try and bait Sam into saying something or wasting his time. Looking at GitHub I noticed a few things today. He seems to commit almost constantly, while you guys seem to just try and rain on his parade with hate posts.. Really sad. Especially some of the workarounds he has to fix in Kodi too.. I noticed that Soli said OSMC took two years and he could've done it in two days. Earliest commit I find for OSMC is in July 2014.. But if you can bring OSMC out for all platforms with that lovely GUI and addon in 2 days then why don't you join the team -- two days isn't much of your time correct, so Soli, do it! Sarcasm aside, I don't think you've really tried OSMC or you'd see it's not 'barebones' Kodi. Let's see: there are lovely installers, excellent driver (and kernel support), a skin, a great setup addon etc. It's not really even Kodi anymore is it? Try it and tell me what you could have done in two days that the OSMC have done.

Koying: one minute it's a fork, then it's a wrapper... I don't think you even know what OSMC is. I think Koying is worried about a potential Android fork. He didn't tell you this but he runs SPMC which is like Kodi but with some improvements for Android. Koying is a projectionist it seems. He talks about upstreaming a lot but he maintains his own branch of Kodi and doesn't bother to PR. Anyway, you mention you're a 'proponent of free...'. When I last tried to post here the thread was locked. Is Sam a mod here, otherwise, I'll assume Team Kodi locked this and tried to censor good reviews (as they started to come out around that time) and reopened it later to start more of a frenzy.

Raspbmc is mentioned everywhere. Same with OSMC. Isn't that a sign? Raspbmc does what Kodi can't and doesn't care about doing. As others said, OSMC does not deflect support on to you guys. Maybe this is why you're irritated. I'd bet a lot of Raspbmc and OSMC users don't even know what Kodi is. It says supported by Kodi on the site, but you still find problems with it.

i'll bet hundreds of raspbmc users like myself have seen this thread and felt angry inside. All Sam has ever done is push kodi out to people and he has always been honest and helpful. his team have done the same. And now you are repaying them with this...

When you look at this thread, we see some simple and obvious facts:

* Koying doesn't like the idea of an Android port of OSMC and he's also insecure about not being credited for i.MX6. As the only developer of Android, he feels a certain privilege and wants to retain this.

* sraue -- well sraue is sraue.. an openelec developer who spends more time talking about why OE is better than Raspbmc but doesn't actually prove why or listen to improvements. I've joined the openelec channel before and mentioned legitimate issues about my TBS driver but just got yelled at.. Can't wait for osmc on x64 now.

* Martijn is probably trying to create a common enemy as a project leader..

* zaphod does not even own a vero. Imagine the cubox is 100% identical to the Vero, it still puts in to question, why is he posting so much crap in this thread? Maybe Vero will improve things for i.MX6, maybe it won't but with his constant posting he is likely making Sam less likely to want to fix these issues for these owners. You even messaged me on the forum to invite me to this thread (thanks!), but I find it a bit creepy you messaged me. All I did was buy a Vero, and I bought it knowing full well about Kodi and i.MX6, but I did not want to get dragged in to this and I don't know who the heck you are. Leave OSMC to do their work and I'm sure good things will happen.

* fritsch -- I know what a device tree is. Dropping a new one in based on a cubox and trying to boot it will obviously work, that's how *device tree* is meant to work. It's meant to boot devices when given a flat file. If the Vero DTB doesn't boot on the CuBox, it's obviously different. Fractional modesetting is also possible you probably just do not know how. There is already support for fractional modesetting (1080i50) which I am sure you know uses fractional pixel clock 74.25/1.001

* kodi team: comments here are bad, but endoresements, tacit or explicit are even worse. Will avoid Kodi now. kaijser, nate, koying: despicable and invalidate the work of many others who have only tried to bring kodi to the masses.
Quote:* fritsch -- I know what a device tree is. Dropping a new one in based on a cubox and trying to boot it will obviously work, that's how *device tree* is meant to work. It's meant to boot devices when given a flat file. If the Vero DTB doesn't boot on the CuBox, it's obviously different. Fractional modesetting is also possible you probably just do not know how. There is already support for fractional modesetting (1080i50) which I am sure you know uses fractional pixel clock 74.25/1.001

Ah, we have an expert here, that has no idea. Vero does not boot, cause it is locked down, by its creator (check the uboot commits on his github). Then let's make osmc available to all cubox owners out there and see if they like it:

Quote:9 Steps to install OSMC on Cubox-i/Hummingboard (tested on Hummingboard-i1)

what you need:
A. Hummingboard, Cubox-i...
B. OSMC image
from http://46.37.189.135/osmc/download/insta...322.img.gz
C. OpenELEC's bootloader for Cubox-i/ Hummingboard
from: http://sources.openelec.tv/devel/bootloa...x-i.tar.xz

Steps to install:
1. extract OSMC image:
gunzip OSMC_TGT_vero1_20150322.img.gz

2. write OSMC image to SD-Card: (DANGER: check the path to the SDCard carefully, any disk will be overwritten!!!)
sudo dd if=OSMC_TGT_vero1_20150322.img of=/dev/mmcblk0

3. extract OpenELECs bootloadfiles:
tar xJf bootloader-cubox-i.tar.xz

4. write SPL bootloader file to SD-Card: (DANGER: check the path to the SDCard carefully, any disk will be overwritten!!!)
sudo dd if=bootloader/SPL of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=512 seek=2 conv=notrunc

5. mount SD-Card
sudo mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /media

6. copy bootloaderfiles to SD-Card:
sudo cp bootloader/*.dtb /media
sudo cp bootloader/u-boot.img /media

7. unmount SD-Card:
sudo umount /media

8. Boot Cubox-i/ Hummingboard with this SD-Card, OSMC will start in the installer and is installing byself
After this is done, half of our work is destroyed, and we must repeat steps 5.-7.

9. Boot to OSMC
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vero OSMC11