• 193(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
1.) Not since I have been using it. You sure you aren't thinking of something like Aeon Nox MQ5 which is insanely complex with settings everywhere?
2.) background settings in movies, tv shows, weather, liveTV, etc all are individual. I have random fanart for 4 different categories set for my 4 menu items which change as I select the menu item.
3.) If the customizations you want to do are outside of whatever settings are available for that widget then it becomes an effort in coding.
4.) Personal preference really.
(2015-03-31, 23:09)skullmonkey Wrote: Hi,
first post here, on this skin Big Grin

I had AppleTV 2 so this skin was only a wet dream Big Grin Now I got Raspi and installed the theme.
I have some questions:
1. Wasn't this skin more complex? As I remember there were tons of settings and adjustments for it. I don't see them now. Do I do anything wrong?
With the Frodo version and prior, this skin was very heavy with lots of options. Bignoid has removed many of the options to make this skin much lighter so that it can be run on many of the low end systems without long wait times while everything loads. If you want those extra options you can still find them. Check the Aeon Nox forum for version 4 mods. Just make sure they are compatible with whatever version of Kodi you have installed.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
I believe this has been asked a few times but have not seen any reply as of yet... Is there a way to assign backgrounds to submenu items? Looks like skin.shortcuts would need to be modified to add a "Select Background" option similar to "Set Label" and then the skin would need to be modified to accommodate? I would like to add my vote for this possible option. I actually tried doing this myself using the overrides.xml but failed miserably!

Thanks!
I have a request of this skin. When playing a raw Blu-ray filesystem and getting the option of which title to start could you have the skin show more information for each title like the number of chapters and runtime. When I was setting up OSMC on a Pi before I had got around to changing the skin to Aeon Nox, I noticed its default skin had those features .

It was really handy and helped me choose the right title without randomly testing titles.
When I use this skin on a dual core and have system info enabled I see two cpu's working. But when on a quad core I only see one cpu working. Is this skin set up just to show two cores and if more then one core will only show one core.

Thanks
On my 4 core android box kodi info line and settings show all 4 cores. Same for my desktop core i7.
i would like to display name of movie during the random fanart slide show on the movie home screen. From my research it looks like the grab.fanart script surfaces the property ($INFO[Window(Home).Property(script.grab.fanart.Video.Title)] but not sure where/how/which xml file to modify?

Any help/assistance/guidance is very much appreciated.

Thanks!
(2015-04-03, 11:07)shadow Wrote: I have a request of this skin. When playing a raw Blu-ray filesystem and getting the option of which title to start could you have the skin show more information for each title like the number of chapters and runtime. When I was setting up OSMC on a Pi before I had got around to changing the skin to Aeon Nox, I noticed its default skin had those features .

It was really handy and helped me choose the right title without randomly testing titles.

I do not use this functionality so this must slipped by me. Will rip a bluray to iso and see what needs to be added.
(2015-04-05, 21:13)sglavach Wrote: i would like to display name of movie during the random fanart slide show on the movie home screen. From my research it looks like the grab.fanart script surfaces the property ($INFO[Window(Home).Property(script.grab.fanart.Video.Title)] but not sure where/how/which xml file to modify?

Thanks!

Thats exactly why the addon author added that property. Use that property on a label at the bottom of home.xml.
For example paste this on line 301 of home.xml (disclaimer: this is on latest master):
Code:
        <control type="label">
            <left>0</left>
            <top>0</top>
            <width>1780</width>
            <height>40</height>
            <label>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(script.grab.fanart.Video.Title]</label>
            <textoffsetx>15</textoffsetx>
            <font>font13</font>
            <textcolor>44FFFFFF</textcolor>
            <shadowcolor>shadow</shadowcolor>
        </control>
(2015-04-05, 22:31)BigNoid Wrote:
(2015-04-05, 21:13)sglavach Wrote: i would like to display name of movie during the random fanart slide show on the movie home screen. From my research it looks like the grab.fanart script surfaces the property ($INFO[Window(Home).Property(script.grab.fanart.Video.Title)] but not sure where/how/which xml file to modify?

Thanks!

Thats exactly why the addon author added that property. Use that property on a label at the bottom of home.xml.
For example paste this on line 301 of home.xml (disclaimer: this is on latest master):
Code:
        <control type="label">
            <left>0</left>
            <top>0</top>
            <width>1780</width>
            <height>40</height>
            <font>font13</font>
        </control>

Thanks BigNoid, this is very cool!
(2015-04-05, 22:31)BigNoid Wrote:

Thanks!

Code:
        <control type="label">
            <left>0</left>
            <top>0</top>
            <width>1780</width>
            <height>40</height>
            <font>font13</font>
        </control>

Thank you! How do I get this to display just when "Movies" has focus? Currently it displays movie title regardless of main menu focus.
I tried the visibility option with Container(9000).HasFocus(id#) but couldn't figure out which ID# was for movies (probably because it is a subset of VideosHuh)

Thanks for your help!
For movies its visible using
Code:
StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Thumb,1)
(2015-04-06, 01:12)BigNoid Wrote: For movies its visible using
Code:
StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Thumb,1)

Perfect! Thank you!
Hello,

First of all - great skin!
Not sure if it was asked here - can the backgroung/fanart be animated? (moving/zooming)
Another question for the experts!

Can the RSS feed frequency be changed? Not the scroll speed across the screen as I see I can set that. I would like the RSS feed to cycle every 5 minutes instead of constantly cycling thru. Thus cycle thru all RSS feeds, wait 5 minutes, cycle thru, wait 5 minutes... etc..

Thanks!
  • 193(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537