Web portal inaccessible
I'm running TVH on a RPi B and it's working fine but with my brother's, when I try to open http://192.168.1.83:9961 it fails to open (the IP is correct).

There may be some problems with it failing to properly recognise the USB tuner, as it assigns it a different name in his log/dmesg to mine but even if there's no tuner installed or working, shouldn't the web portal open and just show no tuners under Adapters? Certainly on my RPi v2, which doesn't work with the same USB tuner, this is what happens and the web portal is still accessible, it just shows no Adapters.

So if that's correct, can anyone advise what I should do to get the web portal working?
try 192.168.1.83:9981

Port 9981 is standard for webui
(2015-04-04, 20:03)polo_joe Wrote: try 192.168.1.83:9981

Port 9981 is standard for webui

Damn, sorry that was a typo and I meant :9981 Blush
what error do you get in browser?
is it a compiled version or from the repo?
how do you start tvh?
tail -f /var/log/syslog and start tvh and post the messages.
(2015-04-05, 01:52)woot2133 Wrote: what error do you get in browser?
is it a compiled version or from the repo?
how do you start tvh?
tail -f /var/log/syslog and start tvh and post the messages.

I'll double-check when I get a chance but I think it was just the generic "web page is inaccessible".

We installed Tvh from the unofficial repo. As far as I know, it starts itself once it's installed doesn't it? I don't recall having to do anything manually when I installed it on my own RPi B anyway.
So am I correct that tvh should automatically start itself once installed?

Where does OE store whether an addon is enabled or disabled? I've been looking through the userdata files but haven't found anything that controls their status yet.
you can check if tvheadend is running in oe with ssh.

login and type 'top' then you'll see all running processes (kodi, tvheadend,...)
exit top with 'q'
(2015-04-08, 10:22)polo_joe Wrote: you can check if tvheadend is running in oe with ssh.

login and type 'top' then you'll see all running processes (kodi, tvheadend,...)
exit top with 'q'

Thanks. I'll try that.

Playing around with my box last night I realised that there's two components, the tvh service and the htsp client, so I'm wondering whether on my brother's we only installed/enabled the former, which would probably explain why the web interface isn't responding!

I have version 4.3.12 of TVh (although it says in Summary Version that it's 3.9.2675). TVh HTSP Client is v2.1.7. It's a bit confusing because in this thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=216839 they're talking about v0.9.8 but it's working for me, so I guess it doesn't matter.
for working livetv in oe you have to install tvheadend from service section of unofficial repo (4.3.12 is version of the service addon, 3.9.2675 is build nr. of tvheadend) and you have to activate htsp pvr client from pvr section. after that setup is done after restart webui login via browser http://yourip:9981 should be possible to finish configuration.
(2015-04-08, 11:13)doveman2 Wrote: I have version 4.3.12 of TVh (although it says in Summary Version that it's 3.9.2675). TVh HTSP Client is v2.1.7. It's a bit confusing because in this thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=216839 they're talking about v0.9.8 but it's working for me, so I guess it doesn't matter.

If your client version is 2.1.7 it means you're on the nightly builds, in which case the addon you have right now is the only addon you'll need. 0.9.8 is the last version for Helix.
(2015-04-10, 15:26)negge Wrote: If your client version is 2.1.7 it means you're on the nightly builds, in which case the addon you have right now is the only addon you'll need. 0.9.8 is the last version for Helix.

Ah thanks, all makes sense to me now Smile
OK, fixed now Smile

We had the addons enabled but it turned out it didn't like the tuner plugged into the (powered) USB hub, even though it was still seen by the Pi. Plugged it straight into the Pi and it showed up under adapters.

Then we had some errors trying to open the EPG on the Pi, which turned out to be caused by the HTSP Client having something set for username and password but blanking those fixed that problem. No idea how they got set in the first place.

Only one of the dual tuners is listed, so it would be great if the other one could be used too. The setup is quite complicated and the Muxes were stuck on Pending for ages before it finally decided to start scanning and I couldn't see any way to manually start that process. Would be great if that could be simplified and an easier way of re-arranging the channel order provided. We haven't bothered with that yet as it's a bit of a pain.
What tuner do you have? Sounds like a driver issue if it doesn't show up as a dual tuner. You can change the channel order from the Channel / EPG tab, the buttons for increasing/decreasing the numbers are quite useful.
It's the K-World UB499-2T T09 www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004DMYRX2?*Version*=1&*entries*=0

This page www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/KWorld_USB_Dual_DVB-T_TV_Stick_(DVB-T_399U) says the T09 uses the dvb-usb-it9137-01.fw driver
Well that didn't last long! My brother rebooted his Pi as he didn't see any BBC channels and although it showed the usual loading EPG progress bar, he reports that it now shows nothing when going into the EPG.

My RPi B is also not working now either and going to the web portal shows no adapters under DVB Inputs!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Web portal inaccessible0