• 108(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
build #0407
Now I've got a problem with VC1p. Some mkv stutters. Some plays normal. Sample https://yadi.sk/d/Uj6mWL8mfqVyT
(2015-04-08, 04:04)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-04-08, 03:51)parcel Wrote: When addon update functionality is enabled in this build? ;D
Or is it not possible?

It's enabled, it's now in the blade (sidebar) menu.

Ah, Thank you Smile
Hey there, I've been having trouble with many twitch live streams in recent builds. Most streams lose audio after a few minutes, others get out of sync and only a few work fine. There are some that even freeze. Using omxplayer instead of dvdplayer proves to fix some of them but most still have issues.

Let me know if you need a debug log or if you can reproduce the issue yourself. Thanks :-).
(2015-04-08, 15:40)rbmaster Wrote: Hey there, I've been having trouble with many twitch live streams in recent builds. Most streams lose audio after a few minutes, others get out of sync and only a few work fine. There are some that even freeze. Using omxplayer instead of dvdplayer proves to fix some of them but most still have issues.

Let me know if you need a debug log or if you can reproduce the issue yourself. Thanks :-).

A debug log and one or two example stream urls, please. Not everyone uses Twitch or even knows what it is.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi.
I'm interested in trying out one of the test builds to get the recent 8 channel DTS decoding. Do these builds get more stable towards the end of the month like with Kodi's development cycle? The family would be using it so I'm looking for a modest amount of stability.
These builds are unstable by nature. You might be lucky and get one (almost) without bugs. Depends on your use case.

That said, I use them 24/7. Please test and let us know.
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-04-08, 21:34)doug Wrote: I'm interested in trying out one of the test builds to get the recent 8 channel DTS decoding. Do these builds get more stable towards the end of the month like with Kodi's development cycle? The family would be using it so I'm looking for a modest amount of stability.

Yes, in theory. First 20 days of month is the "merge window". Last 10 days are bug fixes only, so end of the month should be more stable.
Also kodi has just (this month) moved from alpha to beta, so there shouldn't be any API changes or database jumps until final Isengard release.

However these builds don't just use Kodi. There are experimental features from my newclock4 branch, latest firmware and kernel changes,
whatever OpenELEC is merging, and often other libraries get updated for testing.

So these builds are for testers. Don't be surprised if there are occasional breakages.
If you use the builds, you should be willing to submit a debug log (wiki) or detailed descriptions of bugs.
Cool. Thanks. I'll wait for the last few days of the month then and test out a few builds then.
New OpenELEC Isengard build #0408: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.19.3 #1 Wed Apr 8 21:41:34 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Apr  6 2015 13:30:31
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 52e98d667b8b6ef27a2df8d817807701057bb30d (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150408214042-#0408-g7af5fff [Build #0408]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001541.018: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (7af5fff7, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (73c7fda8, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Improved texture cache - automatically re-cache when artwork is broken
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • systemctl instead of servicectl (PR:4083, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • fixed: Try to recache image in case cached texture loading fails (PR:5948, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
    • [CONFLUENCE] - cleaned up PlayerControl RepeatButton images (PR:6901, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [pvr] fix wrong logic which made it impossible to persist changes in the channel manager (PR:6867, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [pvr.iptvsimple] Bump pvr.iptvsimple@a2e6c6f (PR:6904, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Fix trac 12016, 15790 (PR:6418, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • use subtitle settings to set ASS/SSA subtitles position (PR:5013, 3 commits, 15 files changed)
  3. pvr.iptvsimple:
    • Fixed possible traffic spamming (PR:12, 2 commits, 4 files changed)
  4. newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
  5. kernel 3.19.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • Add driver for rpi-proto (73433819)
      • Add Device Tree support for RPi-DAC. (26719dec)
      • vchiq: Remove inline from suspend/resume (9cc28c60)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
There is a some minor video stutter problem when GUI window open.
When GUI Windows open while video playing, overall fps drop under 10, it stutter background video but sound is no problem.
Normal video playing is fine.

RT news addon live video with GUI's system information window is good example.
No background video stuttering and FPS increased when changing menu tab on window frequently.
The problem still remains. Now for me #0406 is stable and reference. As previously 0331 Smile
@Milhouse: In the another thread you are aware I am a new user of Pi 2. Hence, I wish you to advise me the your updates of Kodi 15 is the image file that I can use Win32ImageWriter to make boot on sdcard to install OPENELEC on Pi 2 as I did for the stable version 508? Sorry to disturd you since there are 80+ pages of this thread that makes me lazy enough to read. Tks Buddy! :p
(2015-04-09, 12:52)dunghnguyen Wrote: @Milhouse: In the another thread you are aware I am a new user of Pi 2. Hence, I wish you to advise me the your updates of Kodi 15 is the image file that I can use Win32ImageWriter to make boot on sdcard to install OPENELEC on Pi 2 as I did for the stable version 508? Sorry to disturd you since there are 80+ pages of this thread that makes me lazy enough to read. Tks Buddy! :p

openelec update is easy. Smile

1. Install stable version, boot RPi.
2. you can find openelec network computer(or \\ipaddress) in windows explorer.
3. open "update"(or ssh client "./update") folder and copy test build archive.
4. reboot RPi to install automatocally.
There are no images of the Testbuilds you can write with Win32Diskimager, only tars. WIth them you can create a sdcard on linux.
But you can install latest official and than update to the testbuilds.
(2015-04-09, 13:03)parcel Wrote:
(2015-04-09, 12:52)dunghnguyen Wrote: @Milhouse: In the another thread you are aware I am a new user of Pi 2. Hence, I wish you to advise me the your updates of Kodi 15 is the image file that I can use Win32ImageWriter to make boot on sdcard to install OPENELEC on Pi 2 as I did for the stable version 508? Sorry to disturd you since there are 80+ pages of this thread that makes me lazy enough to read. Tks Buddy! :p

openelec update is easy. Smile

1. Install stable version, boot RPi.
2. you can find openelec network computer(or \\ipaddress) in windows explorer.
3. open "update"(or ssh client "./update") folder and copy test build archive.
4. reboot RPi to install automatocally.
(2015-04-09, 13:06)shadowghost Wrote: There are no images of the Testbuilds you can write with Win32Diskimager, only tars. WIth them you can create a sdcard on linux.
But you can install latest official and than update to the testbuilds.
Hi Gents...you re so fast ...let me try then be coming back to you soon ..Tks! Wink
  • 108(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112