• 17(current)
[RELEASE] Last.FM Playlist Generator Script - Auto Generate Similar Music Playlists
Just a bump about this issue. Would love it if ErlendSB or Morstar or anyone else were able to make the necessary tweak to this script such that songs tagged with multiple artists with the XBMC recommended method don't return no results. (Ie. at the moment having "Ariana Grande / Iggy Azalea" in artist field would ensure no results were returned even though the song is very popular)

Happy to do anything I can to get this done, but would have no idea where to start in terms of modding the script myself.

Thanks!

(2014-08-24, 11:38)kiboy6 Wrote:
(2014-08-22, 13:54)ErlendSB Wrote: . Feel free to fork the github project and submit a pull request to Mortstar (who is hosting the plugin)

No worries - this "fossil" still does the job beautifully.

I would love to submit the necessary pull request, but unfortunately I have no idea how to do so. Does that mean I would have to write the necessary code myself and then suggest that it be incorporated into the plugin? Again, unfortunately well beyond my powers!

Happy to learn of course, but have no idea where to start...I am very much an experienced end user but not a creator when it comes to XBMC Sad
Any plans to release a version for Helix?
+1 hoping for a Kodi version Smile

and if so it would be amazing if the script were able to handle multiple artists (with separators such as " / " in the artist field). Thanks!
I'm afraid I won't be doing any more work on this addon. It's up for grabs on github if anyone want to continue. However if it fails to run on Kodi, in it's current state, I'll try to submit a fix for it.
(2015-01-16, 14:03)ErlendSB Wrote: I'm afraid I won't be doing any more work on this addon

Sad to hear. However for me this is working just fine in Kodi Helix.
Are there any good alternatives available for Kodi?

If not, I might be willing to tackle it at some point. I know this is the hardest question in the software development universe but, how many hours do you think it would take to rework it?
I used to use this beautiful addon on kodi, but accidentally deleted it. Can anyone tell me which version is still working on 14.1?
I'm using 1.1.5 with kodi 15.2 and it's working.
(2015-01-16, 14:03)ErlendSB Wrote: I'm afraid I won't be doing any more work on this addon. It's up for grabs on github if anyone want to continue. However if it fails to run on Kodi, in it's current state, I'll try to submit a fix for it.

Hi Erlend, the files have been removed from github. I think Mortstar's repo was deactivated. Do you have a copy of the files and could upload it somewhere in case anyone's interested in further developing the addon?
Sure why not: https://github.com/ErlendSB/script.lastf...eneratorPM fork and keep working on if you feel up for it.
Hi, Erlend...

I realize this is an old post, but hope you are still here in the forum.
Great script. I only have 1 problem with it. I have a lot of karaoke songs on my server as well as regular music.
Could you please modify the script so that the query from the kodi DB does not contain songs that contain the word karaoke in GENRE.
Should be an easy workaround, but I just don't know how to program python.

Thanks
I'm not developing the addon any more, but if you modify the pm.py file at line: 126, you might get it to work with this code:
Code:
json_query = xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "AudioLibrary.GetSongs", "params": { "properties": ["title", "artist", "album", "file", "thumbnail", "duration", "fanart"], "limits": {"end":1}, "sort": {"method":"random"}, "filter": { "and":[{"field":"title","operator":"contains","value":"%s"},{"field":"artist","operator":"contains","value":"%s"},{"field":"genre","operator":"doesnotcontain","value":"karaoke"}] } }, "id": 1}' % (similarTrackName, similarArtistName))
Tusen hjertelig takk!!! Fungerer helt fantastisk... Da skjønner jeg ideen og kan prøve ut andre vinklinger selv...

THANK YOU... Your dinosaur script is the best bro!!!! Works beautiful on the latest build even... Running it on Kodi 15.0 “Isengard”
Hello,

I make some optimisation on this addon.
If you are interested...
https://github.com/KikiGonzales/script.l...eneratorPM

I test it only on Kodi 14.2 (Helix).
Thanks for working on this wonderful script. What exactly did you optimize? Do you have any further plans? It would be major cool, if the addon could also query my music videos (and prefer a music video if one is found, add it to the playlist and use a music video for further searches at last.fm, just as if it was a music file). Adding videos to a music playlist will hopefully become fully implemented in Isengard.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Last.FM Playlist Generator Script - Auto Generate Similar Music Playlists5