• 88(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
hello,

I build a new ambilight for my LCD TV with this components:

Arduino uno r3
RGB LED WS2801
AC 110/220V DC 5V 10A 50W
Breadboard Jumper Cable Wires

when my HTPC is power on all light is blue, green, red and then all light is turn-off.

I install boblight server he working good and the KODI addon xmbcboblight working and connect to the server.

but when I play a movie all the light goo to white and change there colour to the right colour on the screen, but the effect flashing(dancing) light,

what you guy's think I can do with this prob ?

Huh
there isn't away to diable boblight on a spesific addon ?
the settings dosen't cover all options.
Is anyone running a G-Box MX2 with Openelec (5.03) and a lightpack? (boblight)

I have it kind of running but it doesn't seem to want to do anything but stay static when video is playing.
It will go on and off with the video, or I can set a static light as well.

I have it successfully tested on windows and have it running on linux on my HTPC, just can't seem to get this box working properly.

Any help would be appreciated!

(2015-04-09, 22:32)freebs Wrote: Is anyone running a G-Box MX2 with Openelec (5.03) and a lightpack? (boblight)

I have it kind of running but it doesn't seem to want to do anything but stay static when video is playing.
It will go on and off with the video, or I can set a static light as well.

I have it successfully tested on windows and have it running on linux on my HTPC, just can't seem to get this box working properly.

Any help would be appreciated!

I am having the same problem. Mine is statically orange, any input would be greatly appreciated.
I've installed boblight with 64leds ws2801. After some struggle I made the boblight work but theres still a small problem! On the boblight definitions when I activate the static background light the LEDs continue with the colours of the menu and not with the color defined by me! Is there a way to solve this? Thanks
Hi guys!
I have installed boblight with Helix version in a Ubuntu Pc but it doesn't works, appear a message with "you need to have the correct binary addons installed for this to work"
Someone knows where Can I download the binary addons?

Before I had installed in Frodo version and works fine, I dont understand why doesn't works in Helix.

Thanks in advance
Hi. Can someone help me to setup boblight on my raspberry pi 2 with openelec.
Hi,

I'm running Boblight on a OpenElec version of Kodi. I have the problem that most often my leds are still on at shutdown/suspend.
This is probably due to the fact that Boblightd is killed before command is sent to shutdown leds.
Due to this, you see in a flash "Boblight connection failed" at shutdown and the leds are still on.

How can I prevent boblightd for being killed before the shutdown leds commands are given?

Or is there a way to send a bash command to the serial port of my Arduino (/dev/ACM0) so it shuts down the leds straight to Arduino.

Thanks in advance.

BiTRiP
Hi there,

Is there a way to change the brightness of the static background color?
Yes just decrease all sliders by the same amount. (red, green, blue)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
make sense, silly me, thanks
Hallo Memphiz,

since Memphiz' has disabled the PM-function I have to reply to this thread. Maybe also some other members might be able pionpoint me into the right direction.

I found out, that Kodi's boblight addon uses a win32 boblight dll. I want to write a small c# boblight client for some idle-animations when kodi is not running. I'm also planning to add support for grabbing the Windows Desktop and visualize the colors via boblight.

I searched around the web for the boblight dll but couldn't find anything useful (except the dll which ships with Kodi's addon).Maybe someone could pinpoint me in the right direction for easy access to a boblight client for windows or do I need to port the Linux code myself (which I'm perfectly able to do, but time might be invested more useful in other features...)

bye,

Darky
libboblight is build from the boblight source:

http://code.google.com/p/boblight/source...Fsrc%2Flib

This is the header with prototypes:

http://code.google.com/p/boblight/source...unctions.h

Not sure what you are looking for as it isn't really clear from your post.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Thanks for your reply, I didn't realize that libboblight was compiled from the original boblight source. I'll take a look and see what dependencies it actually needs to be built with Visual Studio.
i think i compiled it with mingw - similar like you would do it on linux. Getting it to compile with visual studio would be a different story i guess.
  • 88(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3