• 16(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-04-09, 15:24)hdmkv Wrote:
(2015-04-06, 14:16)Skank Wrote: Hdmk, is this a good one?

HiMedia Q5-II 3D Full HD Android 4.2 Smart AUDIO/TV Box (eMMC)
No, that's the previous generation. What you want is the English-branded version of Q5 4K 3D, also referred to as Q5-III on some sites.

Ah damn ok.
I could buy a pi 2 too for good price, but not sure.
I dunno if its fast enough and if it would do my 3d movies as 2d
Its for living room so no need to do hd audio there
Yes it will do 3D as 2D.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-04-10, 10:57)nickr Wrote: Yes it will do 3D as 2D.

Is 3d iso already supported?
If you compare th pi 2 with Intel celeron 847 with 2gb ram 1333mhz, how is performance? Better/faster?
(2015-04-10, 11:39)Skank Wrote:
(2015-04-10, 10:57)nickr Wrote: Yes it will do 3D as 2D.

Is 3d iso already supported?

I don't believe so. I think MVC content currently needs to be re-wrapped as MKV (MakeMKV will do this) - though this is a fast process and won't lose you any quality (as it isn't transcoding).

Quote:If you compare th pi 2 with Intel celeron 847 with 2gb ram 1333mhz, how is performance? Better/faster?

AV performance is better as there is no 24p bug (the Celeron 847 won't do 23.976 or 59.94Hz output rates properly) and I suspect the Pi 2 also de-interlaces 1080i content as well if not slightly better.

The Celeron will bitstream HD Audio I think - whereas the Pi 2 will decode <192kHz 5.1/7.1 DTS-HD MA and Dolby True HD tracks losslessly to PCM (with 192kHz stuff limited to 4.0 or down sampled AIUI).

Can't comment on other speeds - but the Pi 2 is pretty snappy in UI terms as a result of its quad core CPU (and the extra RAM over the 512MB B+ makes a difference too I suspect).

I used to run a 1007U Celeron Revo and I wouldn't say the Pi 2 suffers in comparison (other than the lack of HD Audio bitstreaming meaning your amp lights don't come on!)

For other purposes a Celeron may be better if it has GigE - particularly for stuff like file serving, TV backends etc. The one limitation the Pi and Pi 2 share is that all the USB and Ethernet IO hangs off a single USB 2.0 bus. Intel platforms have more IO bandwidth usually. That said, this isn't a limitation I've hit when using a Pi 2 as a Kodi front-end.
Well, its for living room.
I dont have a amp there.
Its setup as kodi with hdmi to tv, then audio out from tv to sonos playbar.
So i dont need hd audio.
The celeron is a tight slow to show movie covers..
I think Pi2 is great for what it can already do; even better when ISO support is added. Only other caveats: it's a little slow (but, not by that much) compared to Fire TV box and definitely Chromebox in terms of browsing, scrolling through your movie/TV library, especially a large one. I do have my Pi2 overclocked to turbo settings. VC-1 at 29.976 doesn't play (known issue). I also get stutter with certain 1080i MPEG2 live TV streams, while others work. Enabling 'sync playback to display' causes my Pi to sometimes blank out after playback is stopped, forcing power cycling. Finally, but this may not end up being an issue, max bitrate Pi2 supports over wired is 60-70Mbps.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
PixePlay KURO nice player with hisilicon soc
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
About $170 U.S., but other than a somewhat slick website & cosmetically nicer looking box, I wonder if performance (or firmware) is any better than HiMedia's Q5?
My HT
(2015-04-13, 15:36)hdmkv Wrote: About $170 U.S., but other than a somewhat slick website & cosmetically nicer looking box, I wonder if performance (or firmware) is any better than HiMedia's Q5?

i don't know, i have discovered the himedia Q5X ( equal to Q5 3D4k ) by accident, and see a lot of HD player there are in thailand... many.... Tongue Dune HD Pro... Grand 5i-380
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
Man, HiMedia loves its Q's... was already confusing Rolleyes.
My HT
Got a promo e-mail from Xtreamer touting their latest Prodigy 4K. Based on Mstar9180 chip (also in ZIDOO X9, Egreat A9). If only I had not been burned by Xtreamer before, and they didn't have the nasty reputation they do. But, I wonder how Mstar9180-based players would compare to HiMedia using HiSilicon chip.
My HT
(2015-04-15, 13:44)hdmkv Wrote: Got a promo e-mail from Xtreamer touting their latest Prodigy 4K. Based on Mstar9180 chip (also in ZIDOO X9, Egreat A9). If only I had not been burned by Xtreamer before, and they didn't have the nasty reputation they do. But, I wonder how Mstar9180-based players would compare to HiMedia using HiSilicon chip.
Prodigy 4K is worst previous Prodigy
Did some reading on ZIDOO X9 & Prodigy 4K... not good. As Xtreamer's forum is more locked down & they delete 'controversial' posts, you can get a sense in Zidoo's forum. Issues probably affect all Mstar9180-based players.

Post #1 updated. I'm using my RPi2 a lot more these days, and it keep getting better weekly with the latest dev builds. Don't know when ISO support will be added, but once it is, it may just be the sole player I rely on for my HT, with Fire TV for casual family/kids rooms use.
My HT
(2015-04-15, 14:49)hdmkv Wrote: Did some reading on ZIDOO X9 & Prodigy 4K... not good. As Xtreamer's forum is more locked down & they delete 'controversial' posts, you can get a sense in Zidoo's forum. Issues probably affect all Mstar9180-based players.

can useful compare hisilicon with Realtek RTD1195.

(2015-04-15, 14:49)hdmkv Wrote: Post #1 updated. I'm using my RPi2 a lot more these days, and it keep getting better weekly with the latest dev builds. Don't know when ISO support will be added, but once it is, it may just be the sole player I rely on for my HT, with Fire TV for casual family/kids rooms use.

PCM VS HD audio passthrough it's not equal, try this and hear the difference from back surround channel on 5.1 layout:
Dredd – DTS Sound Check DTS-HD MA 7.1
The Hunger Games – DTS Sound Check DTS-HD MA 7.1
I have a 7.1, but if you have a 5.1 set-up, won't your receiver map 7.1 correctly to 5.1 (whether it's 7.1 PCM or TrueHD or DTA-MA)?

Edit: I was Googl-ing the issue you mention, and found this. Maybe it's AVR dependent if you have a 5.1 setup?
My HT
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17