How to play double (multi cd...) albums in sequential order?
^try the 'discnumber' tag instead of the TPOS tag.
(2015-04-13, 23:02)whitebelly Wrote: ^try the 'discnumber' tag instead of the TPOS tag.

I use disc number as well and works afaik
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I agree with these guys ^^ Something odd with your Picard. Maybe you have made an adjustment too far in trying to get this work and confused Picard into using TPOS instead of DISCNUMBER.

Install MP3TAG and have a look what is shows. Just as a comparison.
I actually installed Picard just because I wanted to use something widespread and "supported", I originally tagged MP3s via commandline (id3v2, some small perl program that uses MP3::Tag) and embedded lyrics using MPTagThat. I also tried MP3Tag (I removed and re-set the disc number), no joy.

However, I'm not following you on the "DISCNUMBER" thing. AFAIK, what clients show as "disc number" is actually the content of the ID3 TPOS tag (eg. http://help.mp3tag.de/main_tags.html), is there an actual "DISCNUMBER" ID3 tag? Is it stored in a TXXX field?
It appears to be the same field

http://help.mp3tag.de/main_tags.html

another thought........did you check your 'sort by' setting when viewing the albums tracks?
...ok, now I feel really stupid! Sad

I never cared to check the default sort for an album listing... and apparently it is "Name" rather than "Track"!

Now, switching it to "Track" does work, even without any special tag/format (my original TPOS "1" and TPOS "2" work perfectly, even without the "/2").

Thanks again for all the support and sorry for the wasted time!!
No problem. Glad it is sorted out. I always learn something... in this case a little about tag naming differences between tools.....
Brilliant... teaches us all to check the "obvious" first. Thought something looked fishy Big Grin
(2015-04-15, 23:09)xurr Wrote: ...ok, now I feel really stupid! Sad

I never cared to check the default sort for an album listing... and apparently it is "Name" rather than "Track"!

I feel more stupid than you Sad I cannot find that option in the settings, could you give me some direction?
I believe it depends on the skin, it is in the menu that usually appears when you press the left or top arrow.

Eg. in the Aeon Nox skin that I'm using right now, reach an album from the music library, then press left, you'll get a menu where you can choose how to view and sort albums, select "Sort by" until you get "Track".

Hope this helps
Found, thank you I was looking on the general settings :-\

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to play double (multi cd...) albums in sequential order?0