• 13(current)
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video (US/UK/DE)
i would guess just replace the one in the /storage/.xbmc/userdata/ but i have not used openelec i think someone may have covered it on the last default.py patch earlier?
(2015-04-13, 19:31)jeromem75 Wrote: How do we install that file for openelec? Help would be appreciated.

I used FileZilla from a windows laptop and FTP'd the file over to /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.prime_instant which is my openelec RPI
For RPi2 w/OpenELEC, would I just do install from zip and use the zip in post #1, then what do I do with one in post #177? And, FileZilla is necessary for which part? Thanks.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2015-04-13, 22:48)hdmkv Wrote: For RPi2 w/OpenELEC, would I just do install from zip and use the zip in post #1, then what do I do with one in post #177? And, FileZilla is necessary for which part? Thanks.

Ok, so you'll need to download the zip in post #1 somewhere so it's accessible for Kodi to install, my OpenElec can see a shared drive, so i just dropped it in there, I then did a "install from Zip" and navigated to the file. This will then install the Amazon prime addon. However, the addon as it stands is broken, so you'll need to replace a file with the file in post #177.

Next, and this presumes you have some kind other local Windows machine (there's many other ways of doing it), you'll need download the zip in post #177, unzip the file to the desktop - it should be a default.py file. then use FileZilla (or any other FTP client) - logging into openelec using : default username: root, password: openelec, and using the RPi IP address to move and replace the current default.py in /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.prime_instant.

That should sort it for yer.....
Got it, thanks.
My Family Room Theater
Great fix and instructions. Thank you.
Worked only a few times. Now when I select a video to play it just keeps buffering then it will stop then buffer again repeatedly without playing anything.
Anyone experiencing this. (I followed the steps outlined above, replaced default.py)

zIP
Is there a solution to the adding single season shows to the library yet? I'd like to add the new series Outlander to my TV library but it 'flattens' if there is only one season, so you cannot call up the context menu to add the show's season to the library
Working for anyone? I can browse to a movie or TV episode, click to play, and just as it looks like it's going to, it doesn't. Also, going into watchlist shows empty folder.
My Family Room Theater
(2015-04-18, 21:34)hdmkv Wrote: Working for anyone? I can browse to a movie or TV episode, click to play, and just as it looks like it's going to, it doesn't. Also, going into watchlist shows empty folder.

Yeah same, need to keep an eye on this: http://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Threa...?pageNo=38, this is where the fix came from last time.... Although I can't speak German, so I'm having to do a lot of Google translate!!!
or you use this Plugin for the time between: http://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Threa...rps-Basis/

It seems to work (yesterday evening), and has a repository for updates.
Backend: Asrock N3150 with Ubuntu 22.04 Server with TvHeadend 
Living Room: Nvidia Shield with Kodi
Other Kodi Clients: Coreelec, Mibox, Windows
Thanks, will try it.
My Family Room Theater
Thank you so much for this...

I have Raspberry Pi2 running openelec. I had the issue of empty lists, I followed the instructions to delete the addons16.db file, restarted and it worked fine.

I would like to second the suggestion of having ratings and plots available.

I had an issue playing a second video, it would try to fetch the feed, say working, then nothing. If I played it again it would do the same. if I instead cancelled it when playing it a second time and played it once more it worked fine each time.

Thanks again, I am one happy humble user.

Phill
(2015-04-19, 10:34)tavoc Wrote: or you use this Plugin for the time between: http://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Threa...rps-Basis/

It seems to work (yesterday evening), and has a repository for updates.
So, I did this, but problem is it's going to Amazon.de, not Amazon.com (U.S.). Any idea how to set for U.S.?
My Family Room Theater
(2015-04-24, 00:58)phillw Wrote: delete the addons16.db file, restarted and it worked fine.

Deleting the addons16.db does appear to make this work - or at least it allows me play videos, my watch list seems to be blank and it does apear to be hit and miss whether it steams first time.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video (US/UK/DE)6