• 95(current)
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2015-04-13, 21:11)bodgit Wrote:
(2015-04-13, 19:13)macfunk Wrote:
(2015-04-13, 17:40)bodgit Wrote: Same think happened to me using the ember build and restore to factory settings on a Sumvision X2, thankfully shorting the two pins on the board and the Android boot card unbricked the box.
It took several attempts to get to boot but eventually it worked.

Big Grin Thanks to all you guys - my ATV1200 is alive again!
The shorting pins and SD bootcard method worked perfectly after only a couple of attempts (Initially thought it hadn't worked until i saw the status LED change to green from red) Took about 20-30 seconds for the green android to appear, then proceeded to flash the firmware as usual (never thought i'd be so delighted to see that bloody Android logo!)
Again - thanks to all who contribute and assist on this forum and their amazing expertise and knowledge. It'll also stop my wife from looking at me with both worry and disdain as i've been acting like there's been a death in the family for the past couple of days..sad but true!

Bodgit - very interesting to note that the same thing happened to you using the new Ember build. I would feed this back to Croniccorey & Josh5 but don't have privileges on their XDA forum page to do so but it's worth bearing in mind to anyone else using this build on a ATV1200 to avoid doing a restore to factory settings via their system settings menu.

Now to upgrade back to Auxbox's brilliant 14.1 Helix build for me!

Cheers

Auxbox, any chance of a 14.2 build please. Wink

Try this
Helix 14.2
Press THANK USER if I Help
Auxbox, many thanks for that.

I have installed it on another Sumvision X2 so I now have one running Ember and one running Helix 14.2 both connected to my raspberry pi controlled NAS, and whist I know it is subjective my feeling is the helix box is faster and smoother, I will give it another couple of days but my feeling is i will be sticking with Helix 14.2.

Once again thank you.
Added Helix 14.2 to first page now
(2015-04-15, 03:36)AuXBoX Wrote: Added Helix 14.2 to first page now
No muss, no fuss, thanks.
Does this allow the new OTA update facility I like with EmbER? Have of course donated teh US$10 to the XDA croniccorey team as even without the DE version that is small compensation for all id brilliant work.

My EmbER version of 14.2 is working very well and no more freezes ever. What ae the differences between the new AuxBox compile and the original EmbER version ?? Does this new compile also repartition and remake the NAND partitions for the new version of Linux too as that I feel is very important in my estimation.
Cheers
Raymw
I don't think any mx Linux build will have OTA, that's a completely separate program addon which is installed with ember only.

I also donated (however it seems the update server isn't working)

so far so good with ember 14.2. no complaints.
Hi everyone. I'm having issues with downloading subtitles on EMBER build. I've tried several different subtitles add-ons (opensubtitles, subscene etc.) but every one fails with "Failed to download subtitle" error. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
(2015-04-16, 20:09)prangija Wrote: Hi everyone. I'm having issues with downloading subtitles on EMBER build. I've tried several different subtitles add-ons (opensubtitles, subscene etc.) but every one fails with "Failed to download subtitle" error. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

might be better to post in their Q&A thread, so the devs see your question.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/...1024/page4
Hello everyone please help. I have pivos M3 and I was able to update it with update.img to 14.0 and it works great. I have been trying so hard to find the 14.2 update.img Linux for pivos but I can not find the download link , can someone please put the link for it. I can not find it any where. thank You
Thanks for the reply redi. I just noticed that I have another issue. I can't enter recovery anymore. I've tried to update to newer version of ember and it simply doesn't enter recovery anymore. I've tried to enter it as usual by keeping the reset button pressed, turning on the box and holding for about 10 seconds but nothin happens. Tried it with SD card in and without. What should I do? Sad
(2015-04-18, 15:05)prangija Wrote: Thanks for the reply redi. I just noticed that I have another issue. I can't enter recovery anymore. I've tried to update to newer version of ember and it simply doesn't enter recovery anymore. I've tried to enter it as usual by keeping the reset button pressed, turning on the box and holding for about 10 seconds but nothin happens. Tried it with SD card in and without. What should I do? Sad
I suggest you revert to Android 4.1 and try again. See my post here. You did at least get Ember installed and working, I never managed that.
Thanks Grand Total. I already tried it a couple of times with no luck. Led doesn't change colours at all it only stays red and the screen is now just black, it doesn't boot in EMBER any more. I'll try again and hopefully get it to work.

EDIT:
I've managed to get green led to blink once. When I saw this I released the reset button and removed the screwdriver from the pins. After that the display turned completely blue and stayed that way. Does this mean that my device is beyond help? Sad
I may have bricked my ATV1200. I downloaded and ran the EMBER version. It wont boot now. I tried to revert to android and any other version I could think of trying but no good.
When I try to reboot from the SD card I hold the reset for 10 seconds and then after I get a black screen. I try holding it for a bit longer then the EMBER screen comes up and sort of boots but leaves me with a frozen half picture.

I have included a few screenshots.
Have I bricked my box? How can I get it working again.

Thanks

(2015-04-18, 21:02)prangija Wrote: Thanks Grand Total. I already tried it a couple of times with no luck. Led doesn't change colours at all it only stays red and the screen is now just black, it doesn't boot in EMBER any more. I'll try again and hopefully get it to work.

EDIT:
I've managed to get green led to blink once. When I saw this I released the reset button and removed the screwdriver from the pins. After that the display turned completely blue and stayed that way. Does this mean that my device is beyond help? Sad

(2015-04-18, 23:01)ed_davidson Wrote: I may have bricked my ATV1200. I downloaded and ran the EMBER version. It wont boot now. I tried to revert to android and any other version I could think of trying but no good.
When I try to reboot from the SD card I hold the reset for 10 seconds and then after I get a black screen. I try holding it for a bit longer then the EMBER screen comes up and sort of boots but leaves me with a frozen half picture.

I have included a few screenshots.
Have I bricked my box? How can I get it working again.

Thanks

Try making a bootable SDCard with this
Format SDCard
Use this u-boot_MX.bin file for the tool.

After the tool is finished, extract all of this zip file to the SDCard.

Unplug the power cord from your device
Plug in the SDCard
Hold the reset
Plug the power cord back in
Release the reset button after 15 seconds

WAIT for at least 2 minutes, DO NOT TURN IT OFF.
Hopefully that works. If not you'll have to open the box and short some pins
I am getting an error with the sd card maker. I only have the SD card in. no other drives. It only gives me the option drive F when my SD card is Drive J. It gives me the following message.

• 95(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5