• 96(current)
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2015-04-19, 00:50)ed_davidson Wrote: I am getting an error with the sd card maker. I only have the SD card in. no other drives. It only gives me the option drive F when my SD card is Drive J. It gives me the following message.

I used a different program
Still no change looks like i have to open it up. What pins am i looking for?

Kind regards
(2015-04-19, 01:20)ed_davidson Wrote: Still no change looks like i have to open it up. What pins am i looking for?

Kind regards
If SDCardmaker did not work use this

These 2, just use a small flat head screw driver or similar.
Make sure the SDCard is bootable aswell

Press THANK USER if I Help
How do I make sure the SD card is bootable?
(2015-04-19, 03:47)ed_davidson Wrote: How do I make sure the SD card is bootable?

Just follow the instructions in the zip and it will be bootable
Wierd thing. I bridged the pins and rebooted. Got the android robot for a while then reverted back to the ember screen.

Any ideas?
After trying many times I now have a green light on but still no screen.
And it's been way more than 2 minutes.

What now?
(2015-04-19, 04:08)ed_davidson Wrote: Wierd thing. I bridged the pins and rebooted. Got the android robot for a while then reverted back to the ember screen.

Any ideas?

When did you bridge the pins. Make sure you have them bridged before you plug the power in and release when you see something come on the screen.
Yes I let go when I saw the green droid on the screen. I have a green light on the box now.
Hi Ed, Good to see you on here and yes I got your email too mate regarding this. I see my good brilliant friend AuxBox here has been giving you great advice already so cannot add anything more..

For info though I too had to short the pins on a Linux Gotham 13.1 box a friend had that for some obscure reason suddenly ended up so it just stalls at the flash screens when you normally boot up. Would not flash to EmbER with the convert files either, as it installed okay but left same hang up you now have with being stuck in the EmbER displayed boot up screens.

The shorting of those pins worked for me after several attempts and using different bootable SD cards. Finally I used a simple Linux boot SD card with the usual recovery files on it but no image file, and with the shorted pins it finally placed me in the usual android recovery screen with the usual options. So I powered the box down and then successfully and normally installed the new main EmbER build from XDA with the convert files, and that was now of course without shorting the two pins. His box is now working like a charm and he is a happy bunny with EmbER running solidly :-)
Cheers
Raymw
(2015-04-19, 01:19)ed_davidson Wrote:
(2015-04-19, 00:50)ed_davidson Wrote: I am getting an error with the sd card maker. I only have the SD card in. no other drives. It only gives me the option drive F when my SD card is Drive J. It gives me the following message.

I used a different program

As I understand it, in Windows 7 or 8 you must run that SD CardMaker program as administrator or it will not find your SD card..
Cheers
Raymw
Ed further to me email above the SD bootable card I used was made with these files you can find in my Dropbox public folder here :-https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17319514/MX_LINUX-EMPTY-BOOTCARD-FOR-GIT.zip

Please note, I take no credit for these files as I did not create them and am not capable of doing so either. Of course you do this all at your own risk as usual.

Just place the 4 files (you can exclude the how to text file of course) onto an SD card root and power up whilst shorting those two pins and with the reset button held in. I did not release the pins or reset button until the normal Android recover screen appeared. Then powered off and found a normal convert SD card EmbER build will then install from the card in the normal way and boot you up into EmbER KODI Helix 14.2 Well that is how it worked for me.
Cheers
Raymw
After trying the procedure with shorting the pins for around 10 times I managed to get the android logo showing up. After the flashing finished the box would boot into the recovery every single time. Them I tried flashing the MX build on top of that. After this the recovery wasn't showing up any more (just black screen again).
Then I downloaded the revert to Android archive from the first post and flashed that (without shorting the pins). After this step the box finally booted to Android and flashing the MX build on top of that went without any issues.
I'm now on the MX_LINUX Kodi 14.2 build and I doubt that I'll go back to EMBER because all I got with it were problems and I barely managed to recover my box.
Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions. Without you my ATV1200 would be in the trash by now probably.
First of all thanks to everyone who is helping me with this issue. I really appreciate it.

Im not sure if I am making any headway but here is where i am at.

If I use the Boot card and short the pins I can get the Android logo to come up. The centre of the droid swirls around and the status bar underneath prgresses to about half way. After that the screen goes black for a second then the ember screen pops up again. After that the Kodi 14.2 logo comes up and gets stuck in a boot loop.

What is you advice now. Android revert, Ember, mxlinux flash, a large foot Smile what.

Posted are some pictures.

Thanks again

Well thanks again everyone. I used Rays LINUX boot disk files and after many many attempts (I wasnt even sure what I was looking for), got to the screen shot below. Then I used the arrows on the remote to get to wipe data/factory update. Then I press reboot. After that it rebooted straight into Ember and the KODI bootloop was gone. Now I have Ember Build working.

Not sure if it was supposed to work like that but it work Laugh

Thanks Again

• 96(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5