• 20(current)
Release Black Glass Nova 3.x for Kodi 14.x Helix
(2015-04-20, 08:48)Jeffers24 Wrote: Hi Tgx,

My experience of Github is a big 0 I have had a look but could not make enogh sense of it to know where to go for download

Any chance of pasting a link to download the Kodi 15 version in your BGN 4.0.0 thread.

Will this be a development version, so need to unzip the zip?

Go and read the first post of the Isengard thread to the end: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=220995

Tgx
my skin is not working and all my icons have gone blank... since it upgraded from 3.4.1 ... when i rolled back to 3.4.1 it was working again.. but now it updated itself to 3.5.1 and i have no option to roll back.. .. can someone please post a zip of 3.4.1 so i can install it manually i cant find it anywhere Huh
(2015-04-24, 10:09)vick Wrote: my skin is not working and all my icons have gone blank... since it upgraded from 3.4.1 ... when i rolled back to 3.4.1 it was working again.. but now it updated itself to 3.5.1 and i have no option to roll back.. .. can someone please post a zip of 3.4.1 so i can install it manually i cant find it anywhere Huh

You have to edit your home menu with the new Home menu editor in skin settings.
The new version brings a new and much more powerful management system for the home menu.
All your previous home settings are not working anymore. Sorry for the inconvenience, but it's the only way to make a better skin. Press "s" and select "settings" or go to the topbar and select the last icon.

Tgx
(2015-04-24, 10:09)vick Wrote: my skin is not working and all my icons have gone blank... since it upgraded from 3.4.1 ... when i rolled back to 3.4.1 it was working again.. but now it updated itself to 3.5.1 and i have no option to roll back.. .. can someone please post a zip of 3.4.1 so i can install it manually i cant find it anywhere Huh

Try this one, not sure how you stop it updating automatically again though

https://github.com/Tgxcorporation/skin.b...ag/v.3.4.1
(2015-04-24, 10:16)Tgxcorporation Wrote:

The new version brings a new and much more powerful management system for the home menu.
All your previous home settings are not working anymore. Sorry for the inconvenience, but it's the only way to make a better skin. Press "s" and select "settings" or go to the topbar and select the last icon.

Tgx

Is it just any changes you have made to the Home window that are lost, all other settings are OK?
(2015-04-24, 10:24)Jeffers24 Wrote: Is it just any changes you have made to the Home window that are lost, all other settings are OK?

Every setting regarding the home menu is lost. Everything else is preserved.

Tgx
(2015-04-24, 10:16)Jeffers24 Wrote:

Try this one, not sure how you stop it updating automatically again though

https://github.com/Tgxcorporation/skin.b...ag/v.3.4.1

thank you for the link
[/quote]
thank you for the link
[/quote]

NPs, from Tgx's reply sounds like you need to bite the bullet - stick with the new version and redo any home menu changes you want to take forward
(2015-04-24, 10:16)Tgxcorporation Wrote:

Tgx

my home screen is not working at all now.. even the icons that are there don't work anymore and wont go into the next window... it just makes the noise and doesn't go anywhere... it wont even let me install the previous version now.. when i try it doesnt go back to old one only 3.5.1 remains... dont know what to do.. we should be able to roll back to whatever version we want
what did you do, in detail?
Maybe using Tgx's instructions for uninstalling and re-installing in op may do the trick
It works on my laptop
nothing i just came home and my home menu was all messed up.. then i realized it was the new version.. it let me roll back to 3.4.1 yesterday... today it went to 3.5.1 and wont let me roll back at all... nothing n the home screen except the settings icon does anything
Are you able to do below from Tgx's op with the new BGN 3.5.1, I think the important step is to remove any existing versions of BGN, when doing step 4 I found more than one copy of BGN on my laptop
What version of Kodi are you using, on what platform/OS?

Install from GitHub
If you can't wait for the official skin update in Kodi add-on repository, you can manually install the latest skin revision from GitHub. Here is how:

1. Switch to the "Confluence" skin in Settings.
2. Uninstall "Black Glass Nova" from installed Addons
3. Close Kodi
4. Go into your "packages" folder:•Android -> Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/packages/
•iOS -> /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/kodi/addons/packages/
•Linux -> ~/.kodi/addons/packages/
•Mac OS X -> /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/kodi/addons/packages/
•OpenELEC -> /storage/.kodi/addons/packages/
•Windows XP, 7, 8 -> %appdata%\kodi\addons\packages\

and delete every file starting with "skin.blackglassnova"

5. Download the zipped skin from https://github.com/Tgxcorporation/skin.b...helix.zip
6. Start Kodi and go to Settings -> Add-ons and select "Install from zipped file". Browse for the file downloaded in point n. 5 and press "ok". The updated skin should install.
If it's all messed up, i would reset to default manually deleting the files which keep the settings.

- Exit Kodi
- Go in your userdata folder: http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata
- Enter the "addon_data/script.skinshortcuts" folder and delete everything here. This will reset the home menu to the default layout suggested by the skin. You can start to customize this layout.
- This is optional. Delete the "guisettings.xml" files.This file stores the skin settings apart from the settings of the home menu. Careful here: if you delete this file you will loose every settings for every skin installed.

Tgx
(2015-04-24, 10:41)Jeffers24 Wrote: NPs, from Tgx's reply sounds like you need to bite the bullet - stick with the new version and redo any home menu changes you want to take forward

It could seem a bitter pill apparently, but the new system is complete. What's new? You can decide the order of the home menu items, rename them, customize icons, backgrounds (single, multi image, random, etc..), associated widgets, submenus, edit actions and select shortcuts. All of these features are inside the user-friendly editor in skin settings.

Tgx
i have uninstalled it then installed the zip for 3.4.1 .. then i stopped the addon manager auto update. i have done a lot of customization on the home screen .. i have done this on all 3 of my htpc.. dont want to resetup all of them if i dont need too.. if for some reason i need to format my htpc's in the future then i can re customize using new version.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black Glass Nova 3.x for Kodi 14.x Helix3