• 13(current)
WIP Unnamed/Sports Center - Sports for Kodi
(2015-04-19, 21:48)Ovokx Wrote: great, thank you!

Hey ovokx I have one request for you. The addon should use the alternative name of the teams by default. That field exists if the name of the default team is crap. Example see below for the portuguese league displaying the default and alternative names:

alternative

The problem is that alternative names for some spanish teams (both la liga and adelante) are not being well used. For instance if I set the addon to display alternative names I'll get Madrid instead of Real Madrid and La Real instead of real sociedad. Please, if possible have a look and remove any bad use of the alternative name.

Another big problem is the French League 1 league. It was filled in the beginning of the database so we have this if using alternative names:

Thanks for your help
@Enen i've addressed some of your issues.

Site is going down for an SSD upgrade right now but should be back up when the host has completed it. EDIT: Upgrade is complete

I'll have a closer look later.

Alternative name should indeed by the primary one to use IMO (if it exists).
(2015-04-21, 17:33)zag Wrote: @Enen i've addressed some of your issues.

Site is going down for an SSD upgrade right now but should be back up when the host has completed it.

I'll have a closer look later.

Alternative name should indeed by the primary one to use IMO (if it exists).

Yes my opinion too. Probably you can add some text on the html of the database near the alternative name to explain users what the alternative name is for. Like "Use this field only if the default name is incorrect, too broad or too long".
(2015-04-21, 17:03)enen92 Wrote: The problem is that alternative names for some spanish teams (both la liga and adelante) are not being well used. For instance if I set the addon to display alternative names I'll get Madrid instead of Real Madrid and La Real instead of real sociedad. Please, if possible have a look and remove any bad use of the alternative name.

Another big problem is the French League 1 league. It was filled in the beginning of the database so we have this if using alternative names:

Thanks for your help

Sure, I'll update them Wink
Kodi 19 + Arctic: Zephyr Reloaded
nVidia SHIELD 2017 + WD My Book
LG OLED65B8PLA + LG SP11RA 7.1.4
done! Nod
Kodi 19 + Arctic: Zephyr Reloaded
nVidia SHIELD 2017 + WD My Book
LG OLED65B8PLA + LG SP11RA 7.1.4
Let me renew my offer to adapt my video add-ons to the sportcenter.

I could cover every NHL, DEL and EBEL hockey game with a short summary (~5min). The last two even allow to rewatch full games. Content from laola1.tv (like La Liga) could also be covered, but this would require some help from the DB.

There are three ways to do this:
1. Let the client handle all the scraping
2. Provide some flags in your DB that videos are available
3. Provide an id/url, so that the video add-on just need to get the corresponding video

I would prefer the last method, this would be the most seamless integration.
(2015-04-21, 21:13)membrane Wrote: Let me renew my offer to adapt my video add-ons to the sportcenter.

I could cover every NHL, DEL and EBEL hockey game with a short summary (~5min). The last two even allow to rewatch full games. Content from laola1.tv (like La Liga) could also be covered, but this would require some help from the DB.

There are three ways to do this:
1. Let the client handle all the scraping
2. Provide some flags in your DB that videos are available
3. Provide an id/url, so that the video add-on just need to get the corresponding video

I would prefer the last method, this would be the most seamless integration.

My idea for this is a way for the main addon to call external scripts. I don't know yet how to identify them nor what info to pass and to expect a return as it is yet too early. Probably the best is using script.modules or something similar. I promise I'll contact you when things are a bit more developed. They are going quite fast but it is still too early.
My idea to replays and full matches was to use the game details dialog. See screenshot below for soccer:

Upon clicking on search highlights or search full match it would look for this info either in external scripts or in the internal database.
This dialog would be started when you click on a past match. This includes any widgets, last matches view on league view, last matches view on team view, calendar or livescores.

This will bring to another issue. I was yesterday looking at some sites that present information about nhl calendar and nhl match information. My goal was to make a bot that could scrape those sites and feed information into thesportsdb. What information do you think, as an nhl fan, that is usefull for a nhl match when looking for details of a certain match?
I use to watch some nhl games because I like the sport but I don't know which information is relevant for a true ice hockey follower.
So if you can look at the dialog above for soccer and let me know which info is important to icehockey it would be cool. If you know about any sites with this information (the easier to scrape the better) let me know.
I've made the very deliberate choice on the site to just keep the final score for american sports.

They have so many statistics and data that it can get incredibly complicated!
(2015-04-21, 21:49)enen92 Wrote: My idea for this is a way for the main addon to call external scripts. I don't know yet how to identify them nor what info to pass and to expect a return as it is yet too early.
You can invoke the playback of a video by calling the right add-on via "plugin://" protocol. The call is different for every add-on, but this is trivial to implement.

(2015-04-21, 21:49)enen92 Wrote: My idea to replays and full matches was to use the game details dialog. See screenshot below for soccer:
The DB could send the id/url (or at least a flag) of the video so that the button is greyed out if there is no video available.

(2015-04-21, 21:49)enen92 Wrote: This will bring to another issue. I was yesterday looking at some sites that present information about nhl calendar and nhl match information. My goal was to make a bot that could scrape those sites and feed information into thesportsdb. What information do you think, as an nhl fan, that is usefull for a nhl match when looking for details of a certain match?
I use to watch some nhl games because I like the sport but I don't know which information is relevant for a true ice hockey follower.
So if you can look at the dialog above for soccer and let me know which info is important to icehockey it would be cool. If you know about any sites with this information (the easier to scrape the better) let me know.
I don't know about any suitable sources. Maybe the NHL videocenter would suffice, but I don't know if they permit to store their informations. I would rather let the client fetch the results, the interface would allow it.

Information about German sports leagues can be found in the teletext of some (public financed) tv stations.
Just to keep you guys informed on my progress, I'm now working on getting a local library into the plugin. So the main menu needed be improved 1), a database and database api needed to be be created 2) and we also need a few more dialogs 3). Luckily 1) and 2) are nearly done.The next step is to create a fictional database and see if the addon can retrieve the info well. After this a scrapper is needed to fill the internal database with proper files.

Thanks to bignoid for the help with the home menu icons for livescores,calendar and addon settings.

Two screenshots of 2 different sports one "with library" and other "with no library". The library doesn't exist, just the information they have it.

Looks awesome!

Any thoughts on name conventions yet for local media?

At the moment TSDB stores the event name as "Arsenal v Aston Villa (1314 season)" but I can change it to any common format.
(2015-04-23, 15:44)zag Wrote: Looks awesome!

Any thoughts on name conventions yet for local media?

At the moment TSDB stores the event name as "Arsenal v Aston Villa (1314 season)" but I can change it to any common format.

Yes more a less. I won't use any name conventions (it won't work for 99% of the cases). I'll will probably use search patterns on the file (depending on how the user says the library is organized) and try to get the information from there. So for instance if you have a file named:

Arsenal v Aston Villa (1314 season).mp4

It won't search thesportsdb for the full string but rather grab the information from the file name such as:

-trying to find the season (4 integers in a row or 2integers/2integers or 4integers/4integers)
-trying to match the home and away team ( "(.+?) v (.+?)" or "(.+?) vs (.+?)" or "(.+?) vs. (.+?)" or "(.+?).v.(.+?)" or ".(.+?).vs.(.+?)." or "(.+?) x (.+?)" etc

Then it will search thesportsdb for events that match the information grabbed from the filename.

As answered to bry- moments ago I was thinking in adding 3 types of organizing the media. Media should be separated by sport:

1)SPORT folder/League subfolder/Season subfolder/media.mp4
2)SPORT folder/League subfolder/media.mp4
3)SPORT folder/media.mp4

It's quite logical that the more depth you add to your library organization better chances you'll have your media will be well scrapped
Sounds good to me.
(2015-04-23, 16:08)zag Wrote: Sounds good to me.

If you are terribly bored and in need of working on thesportsdb you can probably add a way of granting users the ability of define the event time when adding or editing events Rofl:

This can be complex but I would probably force users to insert the time in GMT or UTC. No problem for me at least mixing different times. For soccer (and if XMLSoccer parameter is defined) the addon assumes the timezone is Azores and converts it. If not, grab the time check for GMT or UTC and works it accordingly.
(2015-04-23, 16:26)enen92 Wrote: If you are terribly bored and in need of working on thesportsdb you can probably add a way of granting users the ability of define the event time when adding or editing events Rofl:

How are you calculating the time with python? Are you just taking the first 5 chars on the left?

Basically how should I store the time in the database?

EDIT: Nevermind, will just replicate the format from xmlsoccer
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unnamed/Sports Center - Sports for Kodi3