• 20(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Playing HDR Demos from YouTube

If you are looking for high-quality HDR demo clips, YouTube has a growing catalogue of free 4K UHD HDR content.

This content can be easily played with MPC-BE by opening the URL address for any 4K UHD HDR video with the media player.

Instructions

Open YouTube in a web browser and navigate to the channel with 4K UHD HDR videos you want to play:

Select a video and highlight the URL in the address bar. Right-click and select Copy:

Open MPC-BE and navigate to the Options menu. Under Online media services, configure the player to play 4K UHD HDR streams by checking the options below:

Select File -> Open File/URL…

Check Paste URL from clipboard and the copied link address will be automatically loaded. Press OK to play the video:

You can confirm the stream is playing in HDR with the madVR OSD (Ctrl + J).

To get you started, here are some great YouTube channels with numerous high-quality 4K UHD HDR clips:

4K HDR Movie Clips
The HDR Channel
4K HDR Media
VISIONPLUS HDR-X
Jacob + Katie Schwarz
TechnoZen Gaming

These are some of my favorite downloadable 4K UHD 60 fps HDR Demos:

LG: Chess HDR
LG: Colors of Journey HDR
LG: New York HDR
LG: Rays of Light HDR
LG: Cymatic Jazz HDR
Samsung: Travel With My Pet HDR
(2015-04-21, 13:10)Shogunreaper Wrote: video\audio seems to be out of sync when resuming files with subtitles enabled.

with them disabled it works fine.

Also whats with the gui lag? i haven't changed any settings yet and i'm just using my system directshow stuff but theres like 3-5 seconds of lag everytime i start\end a video.

Try disabling XySubFilter and see if the lag remains.
(2015-04-04, 21:41)dbezerra Wrote: Aracnoz,

Another issue I found earlier today: When the path to the video is passed like
smb://<user>:<password>@server/<path>/<filename.mkv> DSPlayer fails to play the video (with any renderer choice)

12:06:04 T:924 ERROR: CFGLoader::InsertSourceFilter Failed to load file in the splitter/source
12:06:04 T:924 ERROR: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Failed to insert the source filter
12:06:04 T:924 ERROR: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Failed to load filters rules
12:06:04 T:924 ERROR: CDSPlayer:Tonguerocess - Failed creating DS Graph

But when the path is passed like
smb://server/<path>/<filename.mkv> it works just fine.

this is an important scenario for folks using the MediaBrowser (Emby) integration wtih Kodi since this is how they are passing the file. I will open a similar comment on their forum.

Do you see this as something you can fix on DSPlayer side? It works fine with the default Kodi player.

Daniel..

I am having the same issue. dbezerra - were you able to come up with a solution or are you using DVDPlayer for now?
(2015-04-21, 20:15)Warner306 Wrote: Try disabling XySubFilter and see if the lag remains.

how do i disable that?
(2015-04-21, 20:14)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-04-21, 19:19)propergol Wrote: I am facing issue with Lav Splitter and/or Kodi DSPlayer, I don't know, and maybe someone would have some clue :

- it sometimes play the wrong audio track (depnding on the movie) : "eng" when I did selected "fre" in LAV Splitter

- forced subtitles are not displayed inside Kodi DSPlayer BUT are correctly displayed when I play the same movie inside MPC-HC

I don't know if it is a revelant info or not but I use Kodi in portable mode (-p switch) and use a MySQL centralized database.

Thanks

Are the same issues present when using DVDPlayer? You should first determine if this a Kodi issue or a DSPlayer issue.

Thanks for your help.
So I did revert to DVDPlayer and all the isues are the same : wrong audio track, no forced sub ect...
I wonder if it can't be that the database remembers bad choices for audio track and subtitles.

I will try to test with a new install of the latest main Kodi nightly without database.

EDIT : bingo! with the latest nightly, and without MYSQL DB, forced sub=ok , audio track=ok
I will try with Helix 14.2 "standard version" and database.
(2015-04-21, 21:32)Shogunreaper Wrote:
(2015-04-21, 20:15)Warner306 Wrote: Try disabling XySubFilter and see if the lag remains.

how do i disable that?

Remove XYSubFilter from the media rules in DSPlayer settings.
(2015-04-21, 21:02)spon Wrote:

smb://<user>:<password>@server/<path>/<filename.mkv> DSPlayer fails to play the video (with any renderer choice)

12:06:04 T:924 ERROR: CFGLoader::InsertSourceFilter Failed to load file in the splitter/source
12:06:04 T:924 ERROR: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Failed to insert the source filter

this is an important scenario for folks using the MediaBrowser (Emby) integration wtih Kodi since this is how they are passing the file. I will open a similar comment on their forum.

Do you see this as something you can fix on DSPlayer side? It works fine with the default Kodi player.

Daniel..

I am having the same issue. dbezerra - were you able to come up with a solution or are you using DVDPlayer for now?

As a workaround, define a new source path in Kodi with the proper account and password. Then, in the Emby settings, remove the information about account/password.

This way, Kodi will have the credentials to log into the network share and Emby won't pass the account:password parameter that fails when using DSPlayer.
(2015-04-21, 23:11)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-04-21, 21:32)Shogunreaper Wrote:

how do i disable that?

i didn't set any rules.
(2015-04-22, 04:53)Shogunreaper Wrote:
(2015-04-21, 23:11)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-04-21, 21:32)Shogunreaper Wrote: how do i disable that?

i didn't set any rules.

If you downloaded the starter kit you did. Otherwise, I would download the starter kit in the guide link and start from there.
Rainbow 
(2015-04-22, 04:35)dbezerra Wrote:
(2015-04-21, 21:02)spon Wrote:

Daniel..

As a workaround, define a new source path in Kodi with the proper account and password. Then, in the Emby settings, remove the information about account/password.

This way, Kodi will have the credentials to log into the network share and Emby won't pass the account:password parameter that fails when using DSPlayer.

I'd like to add this to the guide, but I'm not clear on what you are saying. Could you provide more detailed instructions?
at moment dsplayer follows these rule for select tracks

- set previous selected track
- if there is no entry into db, set the first external track
- if no success selects the first internal track

i would to change the last step, then if there is not entry in db and there is not external sub, the splitter will choose which track select, so forced tracks or preference for language etc etc

I will work on this over the weekend

ciauz
(2015-04-22, 05:02)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-04-22, 04:53)Shogunreaper Wrote:
(2015-04-21, 23:11)Warner306 Wrote: Remove XYSubFilter from the media rules in DSPlayer settings.

i didn't set any rules.

If you downloaded the starter kit you did. Otherwise, I would download the starter kit in the guide link and start from there.

I enabled the "Use System Filters (Directshow merits)" thing.

and mediarules are blacked out.
My DSPlayer subtitles are acting really weird. There is a subtitle that is stuck from an episode of a TV show, and that subtitle displays (actually plays, not frozen) on all other videos.
So even if I watch another completely unrelated TV show I get subtitles from a show I watched a week ago...

How can I reset the subtitles?
(2015-04-22, 19:12)Cinder Wrote: My DSPlayer subtitles are acting really weird. There is a subtitle that is stuck from an episode of a TV show, and that subtitle displays (actually plays, not frozen) on all other videos.
So even if I watch another completely unrelated TV show I get subtitles from a show I watched a week ago...

How can I reset the subtitles?

Does DVDPlayer do the same thing? This might be a question for the Windows forum. A debug log would be helpful.
(2015-04-22, 15:32)Shogunreaper Wrote:
(2015-04-22, 05:02)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-04-22, 04:53)Shogunreaper Wrote: i didn't set any rules.

I enabled the "Use System Filters (Directshow merits)" thing.

and mediarules are blacked out.

DirectShow merits will not perform as well as custom filters. I would suggest setting up LAV Filters, AV Splitter and XySubFilter.

HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47