• 21(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2015-04-22, 21:33)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-04-22, 19:12)Cinder Wrote: My DSPlayer subtitles are acting really weird. There is a subtitle that is stuck from an episode of a TV show, and that subtitle displays (actually plays, not frozen) on all other videos.
So even if I watch another completely unrelated TV show I get subtitles from a show I watched a week ago...

How can I reset the subtitles?

Does DVDPlayer do the same thing? This might be a question for the Windows forum. A debug log would be helpful.

See this thread: 224936 (thread). This is an issue with Kodi.
(2015-04-22, 21:37)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-04-22, 15:32)Shogunreaper Wrote:
(2015-04-22, 05:02)Warner306 Wrote: If you downloaded the starter kit you did. Otherwise, I would download the starter kit in the guide link and start from there.

I enabled the "Use System Filters (Directshow merits)" thing.

and mediarules are blacked out.

DirectShow merits will not perform as well as custom filters. I would suggest setting up LAV Filters, AV Splitter and XySubFilter.

HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR

my directshow uses lav.
Is it possible to configure Kodi to play Frame Packed 3D by using CoreAVC 3D video decoder?

I have Stereoscopic player and have it listed, but since Kodi hasn't got frame-packed 3D "Mode" i didn't bother trying it.
(2015-04-23, 16:06)Shogunreaper Wrote:
(2015-04-22, 21:37)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-04-22, 15:32)Shogunreaper Wrote: I enabled the "Use System Filters (Directshow merits)" thing.

and mediarules are blacked out.

DirectShow merits will not perform as well as custom filters. I would suggest setting up LAV Filters, AV Splitter and XySubFilter.

HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR

my directshow uses lav.

I don't know how to get any closer to diagnosing your issue with subtitle lag. I am not experiencing this issue. I would change my subtitle filter and see if that makes a difference.
(2015-04-23, 17:50)XTrojan Wrote: Is it possible to configure Kodi to play Frame Packed 3D by using CoreAVC 3D video decoder?

I have Stereoscopic player and have it listed, but since Kodi hasn't got frame-packed 3D "Mode" i didn't bother trying it.

You could try. It might be just as easy to load an external player and add the word "3D" to each of these files. That way, you could create a player rule for all files with the string 3D.
(2015-04-23, 20:23)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-04-23, 17:50)XTrojan Wrote: Is it possible to configure Kodi to play Frame Packed 3D by using CoreAVC 3D video decoder?

You could try. It might be just as easy to load an external player and add the word "3D" to each of these files. That way, you could create a player rule for all files with the string 3D.

That's what i did, but the GUI of kodi + the subtitle service makes it superior if it'd work.
Didn't bother though as you need to choose "Intel Stereo Driver" as 3D renderer(not MadVR) which i can't find on Kodi.

I seem to have Judder or Tearing, can't tell but it's not a frame drop or repeat as that doesn't happen once in the movie, i should say this happens rarely though (maybe 5 times per movie)?

I tried using exclusive fullscreen + kodi fullscreen but as soon i close Kodi it freezes/crashes, i can once one of them fullscreen though, which one is to go to enable V-Sync?

Setup Is Intel HD 4600 With MadVR/Reclock/LAV Filters.
a little update,

i fixed the forced subtitle and language preference issue, now dsplayer follow this rule to set a track
- set previous selected track
- if there is no entry into db then set first external subtitle
- if there is no external subtitle let the selected splitter set the track, so forced tracks, language preference or any other rule that you have set into the splitter menu

then i added the possibility to show the stream details directly from the splitter, there is a new option in dsplayer settings for this, Warner306 pointed out to me that the internal method of DSplayer could be not so accurate for example it not distinguish between dts and dts hd, obviously these string are not formatted in kodi style and are not localized, it's your choice

just to be more clear this it's the result

dsplayer

lavsplitter

avsplitter

p.s.

talking about the problem with emby... it's too long for me make a test beacuse i have no idea how to use emby or reproduce the issue but seems that you guys have already found a workaround without limitation, it's that correct?
Hey guys I'm so happy that there is ongoing support for THE BEST version of KODI!

I just have a question about possible hardware to run this, I'm currently running on a core i3 with the onboard video, it still works good, but from what I am reading here I might need to upgrade the video with a better graphics card. What would you guys suggest?

Thanks for all your hard work and to the rest of the people on this forum that are really helpful and patient with us newbee's...
(2015-04-24, 11:29)XTrojan Wrote:
(2015-04-23, 20:23)Warner306 Wrote:

That's what i did, but the GUI of kodi + the subtitle service makes it superior if it'd work.
Didn't bother though as you need to choose "Intel Stereo Driver" as 3D renderer(not MadVR) which i can't find on Kodi.

I seem to have Judder or Tearing, can't tell but it's not a frame drop or repeat as that doesn't happen once in the movie, i should say this happens rarely though (maybe 5 times per movie)?

I tried using exclusive fullscreen + kodi fullscreen but as soon i close Kodi it freezes/crashes, i can once one of them fullscreen though, which one is to go to enable V-Sync?

I bet you are going over the rendering queue, which is causing the frame dip. ReClock should eliminate frame repeats, but this sounds different. You have to be careful with your settings when using a low-powered GPU like the HD 4600. Make sure your rendering queues are in the 32-35 ms range.

fullscreen exclusive mode is not compatible with every graphics card. The best set-up for you might be to set Kodi to a true fullscreen and madVR to windowed mode. That could also eliminate the tearing.
(2015-04-24, 19:35)vmax Wrote: Hey guys I'm so happy that there is ongoing support for THE BEST version of KODI!

I just have a question about possible hardware to run this, I'm currently running on a core i3 with the onboard video, it still works good, but from what I am reading here I might need to upgrade the video with a better graphics card. What would you guys suggest?

Thanks for all your hard work and to the rest of the people on this forum that are really helpful and patient with us newbee's...

You don't have to upgrade the graphics card just to run Jinc image scaling and Error Diffusion dithering. I would only do this if you planned to build a new HTPC. The difference in picture quality will be apparent, but I don't believe it scales evenly with the cost of a new computer.

If you have money to spend and a desire to own a better computer, then go for it. But I would only insist upon it if I owned a 4K display and needed to scale 1080p to 4K using NNEDI3 Image Doubling. I wouldn't do it any other way. For scaling to 1080p, madVR can only do so much to the source. You would get a better return by buying a new TV with better black levels.

I would never talk you out of buying a better graphics card, either. Cheap options like the GTS 450 will allow you to use Jinc3-4 + AR, Debanding and Error Diffusion dithering, but no NNEDI3. It all depends on how much of a picture quality snob you are.
(2015-04-22, 19:12)Cinder Wrote: My DSPlayer subtitles are acting really weird. There is a subtitle that is stuck from an episode of a TV show, and that subtitle displays (actually plays, not frozen) on all other videos.
So even if I watch another completely unrelated TV show I get subtitles from a show I watched a week ago...

Does DVDPlayer do the same thing? This might be a question for the Windows forum. A debug log would be helpful.

Yes, DVDPlayer does the same thing. When I start a video there are no subtitles (as there shouldn't be), but once I download subs from the GUI, the subtitle that is stuck in the system is displayed. When I then check the subtitle menu it just says "US English External", and even if I browse to the subtitle that I just downloaded, it wont change to the correct one.

How do I debug log this? I seem to recall having this issue at an earlier time as well, dont remember if or how I solved it. Is there some file that can become corrupt that messes with the displayed subtitles?
(2015-04-24, 21:13)Cinder Wrote:

Yes, DVDPlayer does the same thing. When I start a video there are no subtitles (as there shouldn't be), but once I download subs from the GUI, the subtitle that is stuck in the system is displayed. When I then check the subtitle menu it just says "US English External", and even if I browse to the subtitle that I just downloaded, it wont change to the correct one.

How do I debug log this? I seem to recall having this issue at an earlier time as well, dont remember if or how I solved it. Is there some file that can become corrupt that messes with the displayed subtitles?

Read the last post on this issue. There is a thread dedicated to the problem.
(2015-04-22, 21:33)Warner306 Wrote: Read the last post on this issue. There is a thread dedicated to the problem.

Thanks, I missed it.
(2015-04-24, 20:36)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-04-24, 11:29)XTrojan Wrote:
(2015-04-23, 20:23)Warner306 Wrote: You could try. It might be just as easy to load an external player and add the word "3D" to each of these files. That way, you could create a player rule for all files with the string 3D.

I bet you are going over the rendering queue, which is causing the frame dip. ReClock should eliminate frame repeats, but this sounds different. You have to be careful with your settings when using a low-powered GPU like the HD 4600. Make sure your rendering queues are in the 32-35 ms range.

fullscreen exclusive mode is not compatible with every graphics card. The best set-up for you might be to set Kodi to a true fullscreen and madVR to windowed mode. That could also eliminate the tearing.

Possibly, it's tearing that happens randomly, i'm running Bicubic 100.
Also, i got major artifacts frequently happening, i assume it's just Bicubic as it's common for it to cause artifacts?

Edit: I just noticed my AV has Video-processing on, could this be the cause?
(2015-04-24, 20:44)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-04-24, 19:35)vmax Wrote: Hey guys I'm so happy that there is ongoing support for THE BEST version of KODI!

You don't have to upgrade the graphics card just to run Jinc image scaling and Error Diffusion dithering. I would only do this if you planned to build a new HTPC. The difference in picture quality will be apparent, but I don't believe it scales evenly with the cost of a new computer.

If you have money to spend and a desire to own a better computer, then go for it. But I would only insist upon it if I owned a 4K display and needed to scale 1080p to 4K using NNEDI3 Image Doubling. I wouldn't do it any other way. For scaling to 1080p, madVR can only do so much to the source. You would get a better return by buying a new TV with better black levels.

I would never talk you out of buying a better graphics card, either. Cheap options like the GTS 450 will allow you to use Jinc3-4 + AR, Debanding and Error Diffusion dithering, but no NNEDI3. It all depends on how much of a picture quality snob you are.

I think you are right, I have professionally calibrated Panasonic Plazma (TC-P65VT60) running off a Denon AVR-X4100W currently running 7.1 and the picture is awesome, but running this version of Kodi with madvr did make a difference. I tried those settings and you are right I don't think I can get much more of a better picture. I was just worried that I wouldn't have enough gpu power, but I guess if it all runs perfectly why worry!!

Thanks for your feedback Warner306, I really appreciate it...
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47