• 16(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2
(2015-04-23, 11:41)Gizmo81 Wrote:
(2015-04-23, 10:37)MortUK74 Wrote: This has probably all ready been answered somewhere.....

How do I enable DTS-HD in the test builds.? I'm still getting standard DTS..

Mort..

To get best DTS-HD experience with Kodi you have to disable passthrough for DTS and set speaker to 7.1.
For Dolby TrueHD you have to do nothing, it will automatically switch to MPCM.
HD Audio doesn't work as Bitstream.
Thank you :-)
Gizmo81
Many thanks answered my question from several days ago.
Curious as to how the ISO support is coming along?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2015-04-23, 14:41)hdmkv Wrote: Curious as to how the ISO support is coming along?

Plus 1 for that question.... :o)
New OpenELEC Isengard build #0423: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.0.0 #1 Thu Apr 23 22:29:07 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Apr 21 2015 14:40:08
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 2d5ad04b63af4233440c3f7c8587108223201102 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150423222736-#0423-g142706d [Build #0423]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001543.786: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (142706d9, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (86c3d138, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Temporarily revert PR:6993, for causing too much build breakage... Sad
  2. Replace SmallStepBack with Seek(-7) in System keymaps
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • [mt7601u] update to git revision 42f4084 (PR:4105, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [pvr] add pvr.vbox (new PVR addon) (PR:6985, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [dvdplayer] Cleanup includes. (PR:6993, 8 commits, 91 files changed)
    • [input/touch] - when translating mapped touch events don't loose the (PR:6995, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • Change smallstepback to seek(-7) + debugging and reload keymap (PR:7008, 2 commits, 10 files changed)
    • [re-touched] skin update (86c3d138)
  3. newclock4:
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • AE: fix init of resampler (remapper) after flush (e339f251)
  4. kernel 4.0.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • fixup! MMC: added alternative MMC driver (aba1c973)
      • fixup! bcm2708 framebuffer driver (07d2cffd)
  5. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Reverted: PR:6993: [dvdplayer] Cleanup includes.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi Milhouse.

Thanks for your work on this....

Is there a guide how to get your build up and running?
I thought it was "just" to extract the .tar file to the sd card and you where good to go ?
But doing that wont boot, then I noticed there is another Milhouse "something".tar extracted to the sd card, shall I extract that file too?

Sorry for the noob questions...

// Richard
(2015-04-24, 09:12)ztoner Wrote: I thought it was "just" to extract the .tar file to the sd card and you where good to go ?

No need to extract anything - just copy the entire tar into the "Update" folder and reboot the Pi. See OpenELEC Wiki.

Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Yep - the thing to remember about milhouse build downloads is that you need an already working OpenElec set-up to update, they aren't images you can write to a disc to create an initial OE install. If you are starting from scratch, download a disc image from the Openelec.tv site and boot from that, then copy the milhouse stuff to the Update folder via SMB and reboot. When you reboot OE will see the update stuff, decompress it and install it and then reboot again into the new version.
(2015-04-24, 09:19)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-04-24, 09:12)ztoner Wrote: I thought it was "just" to extract the .tar file to the sd card and you where good to go ?

No need to extract anything - just copy the entire tar into the "Update" folder (or use Leopolds addon) and reboot the Pi. See OpenELEC Wiki.

(2015-04-24, 10:39)noggin Wrote: Yep - the thing to remember about milhouse build downloads is that you need an already working OpenElec set-up to update, they aren't images you can write to a disc to create an initial OE install. If you are starting from scratch, download a disc image from the Openelec.tv site and boot from that, then copy the milhouse stuff to the Update folder via SMB and reboot. When you reboot OE will see the update stuff, decompress it and install it and then reboot again into the new version.

ahhh even easier then.
thx 4 info... will try again tonight.

// Richard
Regarding music, I was trying to test a DSD file today and I see that the RPI2 can't really handle it. I assume that's a hardware limitation ?
(2015-04-24, 11:24)ktfzone Wrote: Regarding music, I was trying to test a DSD file today and I see that the RPI2 can't really handle it. I assume that's a hardware limitation ?

No hardware reason. What is the format of audio (number of channels/bitrate)?
How does it fail? Just audio dropouts or something more severe?
Can you provide a sample file that fails to play?
(2015-04-24, 10:39)noggin Wrote: Yep - the thing to remember about milhouse build downloads is that you need an already working OpenElec set-up to update, they aren't images you can write to a disc to create an initial OE install. If you are starting from scratch, download a disc image from the Openelec.tv site and boot from that, then copy the milhouse stuff to the Update folder via SMB and reboot. When you reboot OE will see the update stuff, decompress it and install it and then reboot again into the new version.

There is a way to install a really clean Milhouse build from scratch:

1. Decompress an official OpenElec disc image to your sd-card

2. On the sd-card delete 'kernel.img'

3. Open your favourite Milhouse-build with WinRar or a similar archive tool that can handle .tar archives

3. Go to 'target' folder inside the .tar archive

4. Extract 'KERNEL' and 'SYSTEM' to the root folder of your sd-card and overwrite the original 'SYSTEM'

5. Rename 'KERNEL' to 'kernel.img'

6. Go to '3rdparty/bootloader' folder inside the .tar archive

7. Copy everything inside this folder (including the 'overlays'-folder) to the root of your sd-card by overwriting the original files

Done! A clean Milhouse-build from scratch. If it won't boot, you probably haven't renamed 'KERNEL' to 'kernel.img' Wink
A sample here, not sure what to use to cut my songs, they are quite large .

http://download.oppodigital.com/hra/davi...2.0%29.dsf

This one is bitrate 5645kbps, sample rate 352Khz, stereo. The dropouts are severe enough not to be able to play it properly. CPU doesn't seem to get past 20% or so.

I tried with a different one at bitrate 11290kbs and that one didn't manage to get 2 seconds without interruptions.

The same result using an external USB dac and the HDMI output.
(2015-04-24, 16:07)ktfzone Wrote: A sample here, not sure what to use to cut my songs, they are quite large .

Despite the ridiculous samplerate this seems to be playing okay for me.
I suspect the problem is that paplayer used for music doesn't buffer data in the same way as dvdplayer, as it expects audio bitrates to be very low compared to video.
However this file has a bitrate higher than a lot of my video files.

Can you try playing from a local drive (e.g. sdcard or USB stick?)
Can you try enabling buffermode=1 (http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache)
(2015-04-24, 16:07)ktfzone Wrote: A sample here, not sure what to use to cut my songs, they are quite large .

This one is bitrate 5645kbps, sample rate 352Khz, stereo. The dropouts are severe enough not to be able to play it properly. CPU doesn't seem to get past 20% or so.

I tried with a different one at bitrate 11290kbs and that one didn't manage to get 2 seconds without interruptions.

The same result using an external USB dac and the HDMI output.

It plays nicely on my RP2 (from external HDD connected to the router, not the Pi), but I have a HiFiBerry digi+ board added to the Pi.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 214