Solved TV Show Folder Naming - BluRay Folder w/Multiple Seasons
Hi all,

How do I name a Blu Ray Folder for a TV Show that has multiple seasons and a Christmas Special on it?
  • Blu Ray Folder
  • This Blu Ray folder was ripped from a Disc that has multiple seasons on it
  • Season 3: Episodes 1 & 2, Christmas Special, and Season 4: Episodes 1, 2 and 3.
  • The other 7 Blu Ray Folders work fine and are named like this: S01E01E02E03E04E05 ... etc.

I have tried naming this multi season folder:

S03E01E02.S00E01.S04E01E02E03
and
S03E01E02_S00E01_S04E01E02E03

But Kodi only shows episodes 1 and 2 from Season 3 for this folder.

I have these regexp in my advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<tvshowmatching action="append">
        <regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[ ._-]*[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]VIDEO_TS)?[\\/]VIDEO_TS\.IFO)$</regexp>
        <regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[ ._-]*[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]bdmv)?[\\/]index\.bdmv)$</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>

Any help is MUCH appreciated - I've done lots of searching on the net and have re-read the Kodi Wiki on TV Shows multiple times top to bottom.

Thanks
When I get scraping problems, I open up theTVDVB.com and compare exactly how they name the show.

Your folder naming looks odd - how is the scraper to know what PWP is?

I would name that folder Pee-Wee's Playhouse S01E01-E07
Sorry, I should have been more specific ... the folders are setup this way:

Pee-Wee's Playhouse ---- Main Folder
PWP S01E01E02E03E04E05E06E07 ---- Sub Folder
PWP S02E01E02E03E04E05E06 ..... etc.

And the folders above all work fine... and show up correctly.

It's this one folder: PWP S03E01E02.S00E01.S04E01E02E03 .... that is messed up. It's a single Blu Ray Disc with multiple seasons.

I'm trying to figure out how to label a folder with multiple seasons and a Special.

The folder in question has Season 3 episodes 1 & 2, then a Special, then Season 4 episodes 1, 2, and 3.

Thanks
In this case I would not use season folders at all, just put them in the Main Folder.
(2015-04-25, 21:45)PatK Wrote: In this case I would not use season folders at all, just put them in the Main Folder.

If I understand correctly, I can't do this - I'm not dealing with individual TV files, this is for ripped Blu Ray Folders. Each of these sub folders is a 'Disc'.
The issue here has to do with the way the multi-episode detection occurs.

Firstly, the part of the file/folder name that gets checked is determined by the regex used - in this case it's everything captured by the ([^\\/]*) part.

That part is then checked against the short multi-episode pattern and, crucially, the same regex originally used.

This is where the problem lies - the original regex includes reference to the various DVD/Bluray subfolders, but the part being checked no longer contains them, so it never matches.

Try this:

Code:
        <regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[ ._-]*[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*(?:(?:[\\/]VIDEO_TS)?[\\/]VIDEO_TS\.IFO))$</regexp>
        <regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[ ._-]*[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*(?:(?:[\\/]bdmv)?[\\/]index\.bdmv))$</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>

(Basically just move the closing bracket of the third capturing group to the end so the subfolders are still included.)

I haven't tested it, so no promises.
(2015-04-26, 11:05)scudlee Wrote: Try this:

Code:
        <regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[ ._-]*[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*(?:(?:[\\/]VIDEO_TS)?[\\/]VIDEO_TS\.IFO))$</regexp>
        <regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[ ._-]*[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*(?:(?:[\\/]bdmv)?[\\/]index\.bdmv))$</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>

(Basically just move the closing bracket of the third capturing group to the end so the subfolders are still included.)

Thanks so much for the info.

That all makes perfect sense. The thing is, the other multi-episode folders all appear just fine with the regexp that I posted. Folders like S01E01E02E03E04E05 ... etc. It's just this one multi-episode, multi-season folder that's not working.

I tried the tweak you mentioned and unfortunately it didn't work ... :/ ... still very much appreciated! Any other ideas?

Thanks
(2015-04-26, 18:03)hitchens Wrote: That all makes perfect sense. The thing is, the other multi-episode folders all appear just fine with the regexp that I posted. Folders like S01E01E02E03E04E05 ... etc. It's just this one multi-episode, multi-season folder that's not working.
Like I said there are two patterns that get checked for, the short form (the extra E02E03... etc.), and the original regex.
The short form is independent of the regex used and should "just work" so long as a multi-episode capturing group is specified in the regex.
But you need the original regex to match when you need to use another season.

(2015-04-26, 18:03)hitchens Wrote: I tried the tweak you mentioned and unfortunately it didn't work ... :/ ... still very much appreciated! Any other ideas?

Thanks

I had a quick test, and you're right, it doesn't work. Not 100% sure why not, my regex-fu must be off.

However, this did work for me:
Code:
        <regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[ ._-]*[Ee]([0-9]+)((?:[^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]VIDEO_TS)?[\\/]VIDEO_TS\.IFO))$</regexp>
        <regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[ ._-]*[Ee]([0-9]+)((?:[^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]bdmv)?[\\/]index\.bdmv))$</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
(2015-04-26, 19:13)scudlee Wrote: Like I said there are two patterns that get checked for, the short form (the extra E02E03... etc.), and the original regex.
The short form is independent of the regex used and should "just work" so long as a multi-episode capturing group is specified in the regex.
But you need the original regex to match when you need to use another season.

I had a quick test, and you're right, it doesn't work. Not 100% sure why not, my regex-fu must be off.

However, this did work for me:
Code:
        <regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[ ._-]*[Ee]([0-9]+)((?:[^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]VIDEO_TS)?[\\/]VIDEO_TS\.IFO))$</regexp>
        <regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[ ._-]*[Ee]([0-9]+)((?:[^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]bdmv)?[\\/]index\.bdmv))$</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>

Ah, I misread your previous post ... makes sense now. My original regex was grabbing the season and the episodes in question but it was not getting the BluRay / DVD reference and therefore Kodi wasn't showing the episodes.

Yes, your latest regex worked perfectly. Much appreciated - I have tested so many minor regex mods etc. to no avail.

Again, thanks so much for your help!
Why not rip each episode to its own mkv file? It'll work without further ado.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Folder Naming - BluRay Folder w/Multiple Seasons0