• 21(current)
Zotac ZBOX BI320 *Opinion please* Too good to be true?
New graphic driver at Intel for this box....

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=2957u
Does this box work smoothly with the Aeon Nox Skin?
(2015-04-25, 23:45)CiXel Wrote: Does this box work smoothly with the Aeon Nox Skin?

I've used several skins with no problems, Aeon Nox being one of them though I seemed to have settled on Transparency for now.
My favorite is anything Mudislander does but I use CCM for Helix on all my Zotacs. very customizable.
I'm not sure if this related to hardware/software or a combination. My setup is as follows: BI320 bare bones 8GB memory, 500GB hard drive, running Openelec, connected to Sony AV receiver which output to the TV (also Sony). My issue is this, when I switch the input on the receiver (DVR or PS3) and switch back to Kodi, I lose audio, everything else seems to work fine, video, menus,...etc.
The only way to restore audio to the Zotac is rebooting the box. The problem in intermittent which makes it harder to diagnose.
I've tried changing the "keep audio alive" settings but none of the choices seem to make a difference.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum
(2015-04-27, 01:05)harvey21 Wrote: I'm not sure if this related to hardware/software or a combination. My setup is as follows: BI320 bare bones 8GB memory, 500GB hard drive, running Openelec, connected to Sony AV receiver which output to the TV (also Sony). My issue is this, when I switch the input on the receiver (DVR or PS3) and switch back to Kodi, I lose audio, everything else seems to work fine, video, menus,...etc.
The only way to restore audio to the Zotac is rebooting the box. The problem in intermittent which makes it harder to diagnose.
I've tried changing the "keep audio alive" settings but none of the choices seem to make a difference.

Seems like an HDMI handshake issue.
(2015-04-27, 17:18)Bri1270 Wrote:
(2015-04-27, 01:05)harvey21 Wrote: I'm not sure if this related to hardware/software or a combination. My setup is as follows: BI320 bare bones 8GB memory, 500GB hard drive, running Openelec, connected to Sony AV receiver which output to the TV (also Sony). My issue is this, when I switch the input on the receiver (DVR or PS3) and switch back to Kodi, I lose audio, everything else seems to work fine, video, menus,...etc.

Seems like an HDMI handshake issue.

I suspect that as well. Would there be any settings (BIOS/openelec/Kodi) I can try to correct the problem?
Might could also be TV or Amp settings too...??

I have Hitachi TV was a problem with HDMI getting Zbox to show up when changing from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2. Zotac on port 2. I would repeatedly have to keep changing from HDMI 1 to 2 then to 3 and back again to get a signal from Zotac. Couldn't figure it out but all of a sudden it works fine. I can only GUESS that updating the driver in the Zotac corrected the problem as that is the only change made to the setup after I gave up trying to get it to work right.
- Try a different HDMI Cable.

- Try changing your power on sequence. Start with the TV, then receiver then Zbox. Mix up the order.
If I start with the receiver and TV on and boot the Zbox, everything works fine. Most of the time, i lose audio when I switch input on the receiver (to the DVR for example) and switch back to the Zbox.
(2015-04-27, 22:03)harvey21 Wrote: If I start with the receiver and TV on and boot the Zbox, everything works fine. Most of the time, i lose audio when I switch input on the receiver (to the DVR for example) and switch back to the Zbox.

I get what you're saying. Unfortunately it's a trouble shooting process. I think the easiest place to start is the HDMI cable. Swap that out for another one and see what happens. If that doesn't work, then try the power sequencing. You may also want to try putting the ZBox in sleep mode before changing inputs on the receiver, then waking it before you change back as opposed to leaving it awake or shutting it down completely.
I'll try that and see what happens. I'll report back.
(2015-04-28, 15:46)harvey21 Wrote: I'll try that and see what happens. I'll report back.

I changed the cable and the input as well but it didn't make a difference. On a hunch, I disabled "Put display to sleep when idle" setting and so far it seems to work but only time will tell.
If I can figure out a way to turn on the box (or wake it up) using the remote, all my issues would be resolved.
Maybe pressing a direction key or whatever is a back button before switching inputs would wake it?
I've tried every single key on my generic media center remote but nothing has worked so far. I'm thinking the hardware doesn't support it.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac ZBOX BI320 *Opinion please* Too good to be true?1