MusicIP Mixer (MusicIP.com, similar to Last.fm)
Finally found this! Thanks a lot. I have been using music IP for years.

I'm not into python and xbmc internals, so please let me ask how this could be integrated a little more?

Btw I also like the solution implemented in Mediaportal, which uses last.fm.
(2015-05-01, 09:46)splatterpop Wrote: Finally found this! Thanks a lot. I have been using music IP for years.

I'm not into python and xbmc internals, so please let me ask how this could be integrated a little more?

Btw I also like the solution implemented in Mediaportal, which uses last.fm.

I'm only slightly into python and don't know much at all about the internal workings of Kodi so I have no idea I'm afraid. It works enough for me (apart from not handling music on a network share, but I can only fix that by hardcoding it to my network) so the motivation has deserted me to take this any further Smile
I'm getting a 'dependencies not met' error when trying to install the zip.

Is there a trick when running 14.2?
(2015-05-02, 17:08)yhwman Wrote: ...apart from not handling music on a network share, but I can only fix that by hardcoding it to my network)

what is the issue you're having with network shares? what's your resolution?
(2015-06-01, 23:16)phreaq Wrote: I'm getting a 'dependencies not met' error when trying to install the zip.

Is there a trick when running 14.2?

I'm guessing you were trying to install it as an add-on? I'm afraid my efforts have only produced a script, not an add-on. Installation goes as far as putting the following in keyboard.xml

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <m mod="ctrl,shift">RunScript(D:\Scripts\musicIP.py)</m>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

That makes the red button on my remote (I've mapped that to the key combo in Eventghost) generate a mix based on the current playing song.
(2015-06-02, 15:38)phreaq Wrote:
(2015-05-02, 17:08)yhwman Wrote: ...apart from not handling music on a network share, but I can only fix that by hardcoding it to my network)

what is the issue you're having with network shares? what's your resolution?

Imagine this scenario:

* a server called \\server. The server has music in D:\music and runs the musicIP client.
* a Pi called \\kitchen that access the music and the musicIP webservice on \\server

The musicIP webservice only understands the local d:\music path but the Pi only knows the music as \\server\music. It's not difficult, I just need to change \\server\music to d:\music in the script when passing the path to the musicIP webservice.
Hi,

I took the scripts from this thread added a basic settings page, made a few modifications and made an installable zip file.

One of the modifications is the ability to use dynamic path conversion for the cases where xbmc is running on an other system then musicip.

Usage: start playing a track and then run the plugin from addons -> program addons.

You can find the zip file here: Download plugin

Warranty/guarantees: None, most of the time it works for me. For you it hopefully does the same :-)
I'm totally new to both python and xbmc so probably I am making a few silly noob errors and possible one or two big ones.
Please feel free to improve (and share).
(2015-08-23, 16:48)Brainy007 Wrote: Hi,

I took the scripts from this thread added a basic settings page, made a few modifications and made an installable zip file.

One of the modifications is the ability to use dynamic path conversion for the cases where xbmc is running on an other system then musicip.

Usage: start playing a track and then run the plugin from addons -> program addons.

You can find the zip file here: Download plugin

Warranty/guarantees: None, most of the time it works for me. For you it hopefully does the same :-)
I'm totally new to both python and xbmc so probably I am making a few silly noob errors and possible one or two big ones.
Please feel free to improve (and share).

That is awesome! Alas the download is broken now some 4 years later and I wonder if you could make it available again? And/or submit it as an official addon? I would love to use it, and/or take it as s tarting point towards refining one to submit as an official easy to install addon. It will of course always predicate having a headless music IP server running but I can provide howtos in that space along with an addon (at least if you're on Linux).
(2019-08-09, 14:29)ThumbOne Wrote:
(2015-08-23, 16:48)Brainy007 Wrote:  

That is awesome! Alas the download is broken now some 4 years later and I wonder if you could make it available again? And/or submit it as an official addon? I would love to use it, and/or take it as s tarting point towards refining one to submit as an official easy to install addon. It will of course always predicate having a headless music IP server running but I can provide howtos in that space along with an addon (at least if you're on Linux).  
Sure, the file was still there but I guess Dropbox changed in the meantime. Hopefully this link works (don't use Dropbox that often anymore) https://www.dropbox.com/s/pl9v54l7luftiu...p.zip?dl=0
Updated the files to the latest ones I made. Hope it works for you or is a good starting point.
(2019-08-09, 16:48)Brainy007 Wrote:

Sure, the file was still there but I guess Dropbox changed in the meantime. Hopefully this link works (don't use Dropbox that often anymore) https://www.dropbox.com/s/pl9v54l7luftiu...p.zip?dl=0
Updated the files to the latest ones I made. Hope it works for you or is a good starting point.  
Why thank you! That worked a charm! BTW no relation to brainwy of PyDev fame?

Oh, any tips on how to install it? Total noob here.  Keen to learn.

Actually worked it out. Just installed it from ZIP. Man I'n noob though. I would love to know where it lands once Kodi has it installed. And I'll look into that. I would like to try and tweak it some over time if and when and as I gain the skills with Kodi. Python I'm all over, but Kodi not.

This is a GREAT addon I love it. But issues I have with it after one trial now are:
  1. Ideally I'd like to ask for mix on a song without having to play it first, but not a biggie.
  2. The playlist is populated Kodi renders it in a totally useless manner as a list of file paths, which are so long as to be useless in even identifying the songs. As the song plays it displays with its title and artist. Is there no way to ask Kodi to fetch this data from the files before it plays them? This one demands some Kodi knowledge I ain't got yet. I mean I cna't even find a way to see the playlist on the Kodi window proper (I can see it on the web interface and on my phone app but not on Kodi itself).
  3. I'd like to see some more of the mix settings available notably Restrict Duplicate Artists in Mix and No Duplicates within (reckon that one I can add in time and have the skills for).
  4. I'd like it to report results better. I got real bamboozled on my phone playing this song and I kept running this addon again and again but no results. Tried running it on the web interface, same deal. Turns out taht particular song is not returning a mix and I have to work out why that's not a drama, but this addon could tells us how many songs it got back and added, or if got some error back.
Anyhow, awesome addon! Huge thanks and kudos to you, and I'll potter on it over time I suspect. If I can find the time.
Look here: https://github.com/Ineaweb/script.lastfm...eneratorPM

Use this addon for a long time works great.
Maybe that helps you on.
(2019-08-20, 07:33)Fuchs2468 Wrote: Look here: https://github.com/Ineaweb/script.lastfm...eneratorPM

Maybe that helps you on.

Thanks I'll certainly try that, but I've used lastfm mixes in Guayadeque (a music player that implements them) and they a lousy compared with Music IP mixes IMHO.

LastFM base their mixes almost certainly on human metadata, namely correlating likes and such and that shows in what it selects. Music IP is based 100% on an acoustic analysis of the track. It's costly to generate and analyzing a library takes ages. But the result in the mixes is awesome. It helps you discover the most surprising parts of your own library.

In nutshell in my experience MusicIP is  totally impartial to the popularity of tracks and LastFM sees my mixes getting preponderance o popular and familiar tracks.

They both have a place, but LastFM doesn't replace MusicIP by any measure.
(2019-08-20, 07:33)Fuchs2468 Wrote: Look here: https://github.com/Ineaweb/script.lastfm...eneratorPM

Maybe that helps you on.
OK tried it on Kodi 18 and won't install.

```
The dependency on xbmc.python version 2.0 could not be satisfied.
```

Any idea how to resolve that?  Spent ages searching on-line with no luck.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MusicIP Mixer (MusicIP.com, similar to Last.fm)2