• 13(current)
[Release] IMDb Update (Movie Ratings + Top250 + MPAA) *Jarvis*
(2015-04-21, 07:12)sualfred Wrote: @Jandalf:
As you know, I implemented your script directly in my skin and the script can be run automatically each time the database has been updated with the "all" argument.

So...some users a are fighting with it, so here's my wishlist:
- Change the default MPAA ratings to US
- Option to disable single features, so they will be skipped even when the script is started with the all command
- Yes/No dialog on the first run, which opens the addon settings to configure DE/US for example

1. and 2. are implemented in the new Version:
script.imdbupdate-0.7.4.zip

give me a bit time for the 3. thing, but I will do it soon.

to run multiple single features use RunScript( script.imdbupdate, movies|top250|mpaa [,hidden] )
(2015-04-25, 11:05)Boulder Wrote: I just installed the addon and tested updating the Top 250 list. It seems that it gets stuck at the last item in my library with status "Searching for Zombieland" at 99% progress. Top in SSH shows 10-15% CPU usage for kodi.bin.

I'm running OpenELEC v5.0.8 with the latest Kodi Helix.

EDIT: The automatic updating upon startup is working. Here's what the debug log says when I try to update Top 250 manually: http://pastebin.com/FWwLZazn

Can't find anything in the debug log. Do you still have this problem? Do you have the same problem with a normal rating update?
Jandalf:

Now that you added the option to create a file of the missing top250 can you create an option to view the missing 250 after you run the script?

thanks
I see you have removed the manual selection of Rating format and set it hardcoded to DE = FSK, US = Rated ):
Some Skins can not handle the FSK in the Database (They usw z.B. Germany: ). Thats the reason why i have it editable in my Version.
(2015-05-04, 01:14)Edworld Wrote: Jandalf:

Now that you added the option to create a file of the missing top250 can you create an option to view the missing 250 after you run the script?

thanks
no, this is more an advanced option. I think an extra dialog after running the update of Top250 would be annoying for most users. or do you intend an option to in the settings so the file will automatically open after each run?

(2015-05-04, 17:57)semool Wrote: I see you have removed the manual selection of Rating format and set it hardcoded to DE = FSK, US = Rated ):
Some Skins can not handle the FSK in the Database (They usw z.B. Germany: ). Thats the reason why i have it editable in my Version.

oh, ok, I missed that. but a second settings option would be irritating for most users. is there no default format for the rating, that all skins understand? do you have more information about this topic? maybe I could make an advanced settings section, where the user can input a custom prefix...
Yes i think "germany:xx" is integrated in most Skins. But it looks ugly when the Skin Display the Database Text together with a Logo.
I Think an Option to edit this is the best way. DE = "germany:xx", US = "Rated xx" as standard Settings, and an option to edit it.
(2015-05-05, 15:09)Jandalf Wrote: [quote='Edworld' pid='1996232' dateline='1430694879']
Jandalf:

thanks
no, this is more an advanced option. I think an extra dialog after running the update of Top250 would be annoying for most users. or do you intend an option to in the settings so the file will automatically open after each run?

Not knowing how hard this would be...

What if you have the option after running imdb top250 of showing the missing movies after running the script?
Jandalf:
With Germany:XX you would be on the safe side. There is not really a default norm but this is what nearly every skin has included for the conditions.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2015-05-05, 15:50)semool Wrote: Yes i think "germany:xx" is integrated in most Skins. But it looks ugly when the Skin Display the Database Text together with a Logo.
I Think an Option to edit this is the best way. DE = "germany:xx", US = "Rated xx" as standard Settings, and an option to edit it.
(2015-05-06, 08:12)sualfred Wrote: Jandalf:
With Germany:XX you would be on the safe side. There is not really a default norm but this is what nearly every skin has included for the conditions.
ok, semool I use your defaults and added an option to enter a deviant prefix.
the script will ask the user on first run for the MPAA system to use.

(2015-05-06, 02:29)Edworld Wrote: Not knowing how hard this would be...

What if you have the option after running imdb top250 of showing the missing movies after running the script?
I added an option for this, try it out (its under advanced)

script.imdbupdate-0.8.0.zip
Very good solution.
The hidden option for First run in the settings file dont work. It display a nameless switch in settings.
(2015-05-10, 21:00)semool Wrote: Very good solution.
The hidden option for First run in the settings file dont work. It display a nameless switch in settings.

fixed it script.imdbupdate-0.8.1.zip
(2015-05-10, 20:27)Jandalf Wrote:
(2015-05-05, 15:50)semool Wrote: Yes i think "germany:xx" is integrated in most Skins. But it looks ugly when the Skin Display the Database Text together with a Logo.
(2015-05-06, 08:12)sualfred Wrote: Jandalf:
ok, semool I use your defaults and added an option to enter a deviant prefix.
the script will ask the user on first run for the MPAA system to use.

(2015-05-06, 02:29)Edworld Wrote: Not knowing how hard this would be...

I added an option for this, try it out (its under advanced)

script.imdbupdate-0.8.0.zip

thanks
(2015-05-03, 21:10)Jandalf Wrote:
(2015-04-25, 11:05)Boulder Wrote: I just installed the addon and tested updating the Top 250 list. It seems that it gets stuck at the last item in my library with status "Searching for Zombieland" at 99% progress. Top in SSH shows 10-15% CPU usage for kodi.bin.

I'm running OpenELEC v5.0.8 with the latest Kodi Helix.

EDIT: The automatic updating upon startup is working. Here's what the debug log says when I try to update Top 250 manually: http://pastebin.com/FWwLZazn

Can't find anything in the debug log. Do you still have this problem? Do you have the same problem with a normal rating update?
The normal ratings update works fine. The problem still occurs, it seems to hang at the last item in my movie library (Zombieland). I've not noticed this issue with the automatic update, though I've not tested it thoroughly. It's not a big issue anyway, the normal ratings update is the reason for installing the add-on Smile
Hi

Thanks for this great addon.

If possible can you include an option to disable the mpaa update, as i have custom mpaa logos created and when i run mpaa they get overwritten. So just incase i might click it by accident be nice if could disable it.

Thanks for your great work
Hi

Thanks for this superb addon.

I have i little wish Wink Would it be possible to change the script so that different versions (for example "Sin City" and "Sin City Recut") of a movie will stay/is written on the Top250 list. I took a look in your code and saw the reason why only one version stays on the list, if I'm not mistaken you need it for the missing list at the end. I don't think that a second run just for the list would need much time. I would do for my self but my knowledge in python isn't good enough. I allways failed.

Regards und liebe Grüsse

Lui.G
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] IMDb Update (Movie Ratings + Top250 + MPAA) *Jarvis*6