• 20(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
Just did recently Smile. Holding onto Chromebox though, mainly for concert BD rips, the few VC-1 titles out there and live OTA HDTV viewing.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-05-05, 22:43)hdmkv Wrote: Just did recently Smile. Holding onto Chromebox though, mainly for concert BD rips, the few VC-1 titles out there and live OTA HDTV viewing.

Himedia Q5 + Chromebox is what you using now..
I like the VidOn box,what makes the Himedia Q5 better than the VidOn box..

Is the 3D much better on the Q5?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-05-05, 22:59)movie78 Wrote:
(2015-05-05, 22:43)hdmkv Wrote: Just did recently Smile. Holding onto Chromebox though, mainly for concert BD rips, the few VC-1 titles out there and live OTA HDTV viewing.

Himedia Q5 + Chromebox is what you using now..
I like the VidOn box,what makes the Himedia Q5 better than the VidOn box..

Is the 3D much better on the Q5?

Perhaps the fact that Vidon are unworthy of your money?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
What nickr said, and because Q5...
- Relies on any official version of Kodi (not a fork, a stolen rip-off by VidOn it now clearly appears to be)
- Is a faster box
- Does HD audio w/o having to pay for subscription
- Doesn't suffer from 3D or HD audio AVR compatibility issues
- Now supports 23.976

Like I said, Q5 isn't a perfect do-it-all box either (what is?), but it's certainly better than VidOn at this point.

Quote:Is the 3D much better on the Q5?
Don't know about "much better", but noticeably better, yes. More film-like, less of a processed (digital) PQ, and no microstutters (not 100% confirmed, but those of us who are testing the latest alpha v.1.0.9 firmware can attest to the fix).
My HT
(2015-05-05, 19:51)movie78 Wrote: So there is no new hardware coming out with these supported options?
- waiting for nvidia shield Nod
- waiting RK3288 MVC support
- waiting AMlogic MVC support and SDK audio HD support
- himedia announced H7 III(3) 64bit 8 core box,soc unknown yet. Rolleyes
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
RK3288 (Open Hour) does MVC already doesn't it (specifically MVC decoding with frame-packed output)?

HiMedia H7 seems like a budget 3D box, with Allwinner CPU, at least according to this.
My HT
(2015-05-06, 00:02)hdmkv Wrote: RK3288 (Open Hour) does MVC already doesn't it (specifically MVC decoding with frame-packed output)?

HiMedia H7 seems like a budget 3D box, with Allwinner CPU, at least according to this.

None of them do 3D MVC in Open Source Kodi players though do they? They either use private forks or external players? AIUI the Pi / Pi 2 is the only 3D MVC platform with native Kodi support that we can build ourselves?
i read some Bay-Trail boxes like the Meegopad stick does 3D framepacked. maybe some one could check?
(2015-05-06, 00:14)noggin Wrote: None of them do 3D MVC in Open Source Kodi players though do they? They either use private forks or external players? AIUI the Pi / Pi 2 is the only 3D MVC platform with native Kodi support that we can build ourselves?
Correct, external players (except for VidOn, their fork).
My HT
(2015-05-06, 00:14)tr4shcr4ft Wrote: i read some Bay-Trail boxes like the Meegopad stick does 3D framepacked. maybe some one could check?

In Windows the Bay Trail T doesn't do HD Audio bitstreamed (well not with current drivers) but does do 8 channel PCM over HDMI. I haven't got a 3D Blu-ray player app to run on my Pipo X7. There is no internal support in Kodi for MVC on Intel currently. (And in Linux there are no HDMI audio drivers at all - not just no HD Audio - no HDMI audio at all... People hoping the Intel Compute Stick with Ubuntu will remedy this - but have heard odd rumblings that there may be another solution for Linux audio?)

** EDIT : I was out of date. Looks like you may be able to get HDMI Audio in Linux if you are happy to patch your kernel with a bit of a hack AND haven't changed your BIOS - at least on the Meegopad - https://pkendall64.wordpress.com/2015/05...o-success/ ***
(2015-05-06, 00:20)noggin Wrote: And in Linux there are no HDMI audio drivers at all - not just no HD Audio - no HDMI audio at all... People hoping the Intel Compute Stick with Ubuntu will remedy this - but have heard odd rumblings that there may be another solution for Linux audio?

Small correction

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/my...165#586165
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I'm scratching my head over 1080i mpeg2 OTA HDTV stuttering. I use my RPI2 extensively for Live 1080i mpeg2 TV and have never observed this issue using OMXPlayer.

Are you using OMXPlayer or MMAL for Hardware Acceleration for mpeg2 decoding ?
I think OMXPlayer in some Isengard releases is disabled by default.

MMAL for decoding mpeg2 / Live TV is not up to a reliable standard yet in Kodi Isengard for everyday viewing.
I seem to remember Millhouse or Popcornmix even stating this over in the RPi - OpenELEC Testbuilds thread.

(2015-05-06, 00:36)nickr Wrote:
(2015-05-06, 00:20)noggin Wrote: And in Linux there are no HDMI audio drivers at all - not just no HD Audio - no HDMI audio at all... People hoping the Intel Compute Stick with Ubuntu will remedy this - but have heard odd rumblings that there may be another solution for Linux audio?

Small correction

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/my...165#586165

Ooh - interesting.
(2015-05-06, 04:56)wrxtasy Wrote:
I'm scratching my head over 1080i mpeg2 OTA HDTV stuttering. I use my RPI2 extensively for Live 1080i mpeg2 TV and have never observed this issue using OMXPlayer.

Are you using OMXPlayer or MMAL for Hardware Acceleration for mpeg2 decoding ?
I think OMXPlayer in some Isengard releases is disabled by default.

MMAL for decoding mpeg2 / Live TV is not up to a reliable standard yet in Kodi Isengard for everyday viewing.
I seem to remember Millhouse or Popcornmix even stating this over in the RPi - OpenELEC Testbuilds thread.

Also - if the OP is in the US there are some very odd MPEG2 encoding schemes in use for broadcast TV (there is a widespread issue with some PC GPUs and some encoders)

Some US encoders use 24p redundant field/redundant frame (for 1080i and 720p respectively) flagging which requires the decoder to repeat the redundant field/frame (it isn't sent separately), and in some cases there are issues with some 30p (not that common) content. It's not hugely dissimilar to the UK situation where on Freeview HD we constantly switch between 1080/25p and 1080/50i H264 encoder modes on-the-fly - which also causes problems for some decoders. However I think H264 decoders are usually a bit cleverer than MPEG2 ones?

Some US encoders also use very long GOPs (they introduced similar tech in the UK for SD TV MPEG2 on Channel 5 for a while - but retired them quite quickly)
(2015-05-06, 00:20)noggin Wrote: I haven't got a 3D Blu-ray player app to run on my Pipo X7. There is no internal support in Kodi for MVC on Intel currently.
the one i got the info from used PowerDVD: Source
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17