• 104(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2015-05-05, 12:05)umanbean Wrote: I finally managed to log in but now I see No Subscriptions or anything that suggests this is my youtube account? I wanted to be able to watch movies purchased in Google Play but I guess this doesnt allow that?

Purchased via YouTube isn't supported (the API is missing this feature) or you're mistaken YouTube with Google Movies which is a complete different service. Subscriptions will (mostly) only work if you have connected your G+ and YouTube account.
OK Thanks for explaining , much appreciated
Hi,
I'm using your youtube plugin and it works as expected but the thumbnails are shown with some delay.
For example, if do a search, it works well and the results are displayed without the thumbnails: they appear (in grops of two or more) only after some time. If I click a thumbnail, the video starts and the playing is fine.
If necessary, I'll post a full log when I'm home.
My hardware / sw configuration: Raspberry pi 2, OSMC OS, Wifi TP-LINK adapter and a proper power supply.

Thank you.
Epg1.
(2015-05-06, 11:08)Epg1 Wrote: Hi,
I'm using your youtube plugin and it works as expected but the thumbnails are shown with some delay.
For example, if do a search, it works well and the results are displayed without the thumbnails: they appear (in grops of two or more) only after some time. If I click a thumbnail, the video starts and the playing is fine.
If necessary, I'll post a full log when I'm home.
My hardware / sw configuration: Raspberry pi 2, OSMC OS, Wifi TP-LINK adapter and a proper power supply.

Thank you.
Epg1.

Not a problem of the addon.

The first problem is the server of YouTube - this is why the addon sometimes hangs at the beginning. I don't know why, but the resolving of the URLs of the thumbs is slow.

The second thing it the local system on which KODI is operating - on my developer machine the thumbs take only 1-2 seconds....on my HTPC the thumbs take 5-10 seconds (in both test-cases for 1 page with 50 items).
I read through the thread and can't find the solution to my problem.

When i'm trying to sign in I get a popup telling me I need to enable two applications so that Youtube is functioning properly, What applications?
When I clicked on ok I got another popup telling me I need to go to youtube.com/activate and type in a code. Seeing I can't go to youtube.com while Kodi is running I closed Kodi used Firefox to go to youtube.com/activate and type in the code. After restarting Kodi I still get those two popups. What am I doing wrong?
(2015-05-06, 14:40)Gronxpyk Wrote: I read through the thread and can't find the solution to my problem.

When i'm trying to sign in I get a popup telling me I need to enable two applications so that Youtube is functioning properly, What applications?
When I clicked on ok I got another popup telling me I need to go to youtube.com/activate and type in a code. Seeing I can't go to youtube.com while Kodi is running I closed Kodi used Firefox to go to youtube.com/activate and type in the code. After restarting Kodi I still get those two popups. What am I doing wrong?

You have to keep KODI running - go on the web (and if you even use your phone or tablet) and enter each code - after that YouTube will be running just fine. On what system you're operating?!?!!
(2015-05-06, 14:45)bromix Wrote:
(2015-05-06, 14:40)Gronxpyk Wrote: I read through the thread and can't find the solution to my problem.

You have to keep KODI running - go on the web (and if you even use your phone or tablet) and enter each code - after that YouTube will be running just fine. On what system you're operating?!?!!

First I had Kodi running and logged in using a laptop in the the same LAN. I'm running WIN 7 Professional on both PC's.
Just press ALT+TAB to switch from KODI to the desktop Wink do it 2 times (to enter each code) and you're done Smile

It's the same procedure for today's smart-TVs (it's the same mechanism)
(2015-05-06, 14:54)bromix Wrote: Just press ALT+TAB to switch from KODI to the desktop Wink do it 2 times (to enter each code) and you're done Smile

It's the same procedure for today's smart-TVs (it's the same mechanism)

I managed to get it after typing in two different codes on my smartphone.

Thanx for your help.

Smile
Yeah Wink nice to hear Smile you're welcome.
Not sure if this had been asked and answered before.
Is it possible to play the next video automatically within channels?
Context menu, play from here.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hey, Just installed this addon (thank you) & was wondering if there is an option to pick what quality resolution when playing (ex: 720, 480 etc) instead of having to say in the settings. I was thinking something like 'ask' then I choose.

TIA

EDIT:

I know you can "Via context menu: "Add-on settings" -> "General: Video Quality" though I was after it asking me when I click play on a vid (like the old YT plugin)
(2015-05-07, 04:02)nickr Wrote: Context menu, play from here.

Thank you for your quick answer.
However, I can only see "Play only this" " Queue video" but no "play from here" in context menu.
Also I prefer to play from the newest video every time I click into the channel.
Is it possible?
Thanks.
(2015-05-07, 04:03)jaraeez Wrote: Hey, Just installed this addon (thank you) & was wondering if there is an option to pick what quality resolution when playing (ex: 720, 480 etc) instead of having to say in the settings. I was thinking something like 'ask' then I choose.

TIA

EDIT:

I know you can "Via context menu: "Add-on settings" -> "General: Video Quality" though I was after it asking me when I click play on a vid (like the old YT plugin)

I didn't added the "ask-option" again. Is this really needed or only a question because it's missing? Smile
  • 104(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20