• 30(current)
Release Amber now updated to support Kodi 14.0\Helix
(2015-05-05, 14:01)Jester Wrote: To be clear, I continue to give full credit to Pecinko, but I will be using my fork to push updates to the official repo, this way updates/fixes can go in faster (no offense Pecinko...) now that its back in the repo

So you are taking over? Smile Happy skinning mate, nice to see Amber will be maintained.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2015-05-07, 12:57)pecinko Wrote:
(2015-05-05, 14:01)Jester Wrote: To be clear, I continue to give full credit to Pecinko, but I will be using my fork to push updates to the official repo, this way updates/fixes can go in faster (no offense Pecinko...) now that its back in the repo

So you are taking over? Smile Happy skinning mate, nice to see Amber will be maintained.

I'll do my best, keep in mind i'm a normal dev, not a skinner, but it seems like a waste of all your effort not to maintain it Smile
(2015-05-05, 14:01)Jester Wrote: I'll do my best, keep in mind i'm a normal dev, not a skinner, but it seems like a waste of all your effort not to maintain it Smile
Hello Jester,

You knew this was coming, didn't you? Smile I have gathered below a few outstanding issues with Amber; most were mentioned before. All screenshots below were taken from a RPi 2 with OpenELEC 5.0.8 and Amber 2.0.14.

1. Unfinished record dialog. This screen appears when you select a future TV program from EPG and choose "add timer":

Here is how it looks in Confluence:

2. Overlaping EPG display. This appears if you press <EPG> from on-screen menu when watching a TV channel. You can see on the second screenshot below that future programs are overlapped with their start times:

3. Overlaping channel group edit window. When going into "Settings/Kodi/Live TV", channel manager, and select "group management", you get the below screen - its unusable:

Amber is an excellent skin; thanks for all hard work for keeping it alive!

Best regards,
Yuly
And another one I forgot: it's impossible to switch to international on-screen keyboard in Amber...
(2015-05-08, 12:42)ymilner Wrote: You knew this was coming, didn't you? Smile I have gathered below a few outstanding issues with Amber; most were mentioned before. All screenshots below were taken from a RPi 2 with OpenELEC 5.0.8 and Amber 2.0.14.

I have tried to fix some of these in a pull request to Jester just now. I have also split the TV and Radio sections and tried to improve some consistency across the PVR screens, e.g. videowindow now shows in Recording view as well and I have increased the size of the recordings list, plus a few other tweaks here and there.

I haven't fixed the timer preferences yet as I can't find the problem but will have a better look later.

Thanks

Kevin
Thanks guys, as soon as i've moved I will setup Live TV so I can look at EPG issues etc.

I will look at the pull tonight and add some fixes which I found already.

Thanks
Quick question - if we've installed the skin in the past via the zip file method, will it now automatically update due to the inclusion in the official repo? Or is it best to uninstall and reinstall the repo version to ensure there are no issues (especially given the change in forks used)?

By the way, nice ones to Jester both on his taking up the support for this great skin (and of course to Pecinko and Joethepartylion too), and also for the 1000th post here...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks guys, much appreciated!
(2015-05-08, 16:23)DarrenHill Wrote: Quick question - if we've installed the skin in the past via the zip file method, will it now automatically update due to the inclusion in the official repo? Or is it best to uninstall and reinstall the repo version to ensure there are no issues (especially given the change in forks used)?

By the way, nice ones to Jester both on his taking up the support for this great skin (and of course to Pecinko and Joethepartylion too), and also for the 1000th post here...

Thanks.

it should auto-update, however given the many versions out there, its probably a better idea to remove them all and just install the version from the official repo.
2.0.16 has been pushed to the official repo,
(2015-05-08, 14:22)ymilner Wrote: And another one I forgot: it's impossible to switch to international on-screen keyboard in Amber...

as i never use this, can you tell me what you mean ?

I can select keyboard layouts under settings - kodi - appearance - international - keyboard layouts
...and after you did that, with Confluence you have a special button in on-screen keyboard (I believe its marked as "QWERTY" initially). Pressing it will toggle the keyboard layout between different ones set in kodi settings. With Amber, there is no such button.
(2015-05-09, 09:07)ymilner Wrote: ...and after you did that, with Confluence you have a special button in on-screen keyboard (I believe its marked as "QWERTY" initially). Pressing it will toggle the keyboard layout between different ones set in kodi settings. With Amber, there is no such button.

Thanks, found it, button 309 is missing, it needs some digging around, i'll have a look.
keyboard issue fixed on github, it will go in the next release, together with other bugfixes.
Cool!
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber now updated to support Kodi 14.0\Helix4