• 21(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-05-06, 12:06)tr4shcr4ft Wrote:
(2015-05-06, 00:20)noggin Wrote: I haven't got a 3D Blu-ray player app to run on my Pipo X7. There is no internal support in Kodi for MVC on Intel currently.
the one i got the info from used PowerDVD: Source

playback iso 3d with powerdvd it's not good:
- un must mount every time iso into windows letter,some times not work.
- powerdvd NOT support external subtitle!

for playback a movie it take 5 minute time or more!

powerdvd cost 99$ with less money you buy a old mede8er/PCH/himedia than work better IMMO.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
And, with Windows, it doesn't feel like a media player (that quick, 'power on and just use' set-top box feel). This even with a script to auto-mount the ISO and have TMT play it (set-up I had at one point), and it's also an external player solution (as Kodi is relying on TMT or PDVD to play the ISO). HiMedia Q5 and RPi2 are more elegant (and cheaper) options. And, M8R and PCH if you don't need Kodi, but in my case, as I love Kodi, I won't do without.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
hey looun & hdmkv: can you play without problems in Q5 x265 media usually found in torrent sites? Specially those 1080p movies?

I would go easily for a Rp2 as suggested if it was not like a step back (not for Kodi of course) comparing to a Dune 3D if I had to use MakeMKV, also I think sometime in the future I may want to re-encode everything I can to x265 directly. I am not looking for 4K content anytime soon, but in a very quick comparison size x quality between x264/265 available movies, it seems it could be a bad decision not considering a x265 player.

And now after start using Kodi I have a problem: it is so frustrating to go back to Zappiti/Dune Big Grin
Haven't tried any h.265.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
i don't like h 265 , it's a loss copy of loss copy ... i alway watch remux or iso.
If you re-encoding video h264 to h265 you a lot of information and quality, i think it's not good way.

yes my PCH A400 is turned off from 2 month... i watch all with q5,,, i won't come back.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
as the Pi is capable of decoding most surround sound formats losslessly to PCM,
is there a way to output those and feed them to 8 amplifiers without using an AVR?
Only if you add an 8 channel sound card. Otherwise it goes via HDMI.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
FWIW :
- I have a Minix box with experimental amlogic firmware on which mk3d / mvc is working
- I'm busy "reverse-engineering" ssif (the mvc files on a bd iso) and I have a pretty good idea on the way to go, now.

So there is hope to get 3d iso on some devices pretty soon...
(2015-05-08, 07:44)Koying Wrote: FWIW :
- I have a Minix box with experimental amlogic firmware on which mk3d / mvc is working
- I'm busy "reverse-engineering" ssif (the mvc files on a bd iso) and I have a pretty good idea on the way to go, now.

Oh that sounds good!
i thought we were dependant on ffmpeg or on the hardware manufacturers?
(2015-05-08, 10:51)Skank Wrote: i thought we were dependant on ffmpeg or on the hardware manufacturers?

Well yes, for the MVC part. But now RPI2 and probably amlogic have those...
We need ffmpeg for demuxing, but everything is already there, we just need to understand how to dot it Wink

See http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=226440 for a read-only tracking thread.
yeah following that one Smile
Would rock if kodi has 3d iso support !

I've been looking for a device that support it for years...

Which devices are amlogic?
Chromebox?
Chromebox is x86_64
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Amlogic is arm. Android mostly, but OE now officially supports a Linux port.

good news ,but the way is long.... amlogic M8 NOT support true 23,976 and audio HD.

(2015-05-08, 11:28)Koying Wrote: Amlogic is arm. Android mostly, but OE now officially supports a Linux port.

good or bad lunix support ? hardware deconding , SDK , API , documentation ec

You are the MAN!!!!!!!!!!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17