• 31(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
(2015-04-03, 00:06)ronie Wrote: people store their pictures in 10,000 different ways.
i can't support all of them.

what do you mean?

Artwork downloader- standard plugin
it creates a "extrafanart" folder in a folder with the movie

1 choose random from the database
2 check "extrafanart" in the folder with the movie os.path.exists(path)
True - choose random fanart from "extrafanart"
False - show fanart from database

Maybe I do not understand something? Blush

but
I have found a solution:
copy all in one folder Big Grin
I think I know what this means as I raised the same query earlier in the thread. I believed it was working in the end and replied suggesting so but then found out later it wasn't and got sidetracked... I never came back to it.

I think as you have suggested, the 'standard' fanart is stored in userdata and referenced somewhere in the default databases. This is what the slideshow uses. There is also the 3rd party plugin for 'extrafanart' which creates a \extrafanart\ subdirectory in each and every individual movie folder and puts the images in there (provided there was some artwork to download etc). Given the names of these files are some kind of GUID, I suspect them to also be stored in a database, but are probably in a a db or table that is used just by the add-on etc.

If I fnd where these references are stored in the database, would it possible to also include these in the screensaver slideshow? It woyld be good if it could use both stores at the same time. Fanart+extrafanart etc.

I completely understand if you don't want to develop this option but if you don't ask, you don't get. :-)

Thanks!
(2015-03-26, 08:05)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2015-03-25, 22:18)leviran1 Wrote: Had setup Kodi for first time this week on model B+ 512Mb rpi.
Installed the screensaver add on and pointed it to my Windows shared picture folder (that contains over 15K images in several folders).
All works nice for few minutes but then the screen blacks out while image date & time information on lower right corner still changes every 5 seconds as if the images are still running.

Any idea why that happens?

My Rpi B+ 512Mb has the same behavior with SOME pictures as well.

Probably Kodi is using a background thread for cashing. Ideally, there should be a setting with max. amount of memory to be used for caching. Maybe the cleancache addon (?) can help?
edit
as requested several times, the addon now updated the list of available pictures every 30 minutes.
this is useful for people who use this addon as a photoframe and keep it running for a very long time.

please test it and let me know if it's working as expected:
screensaver.picture.slideshow-2.1.0.zip
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Trying to use this on Kodi 14.2 on an Amazon Fire TV with the source as a folder I have shared out over SMB on my file server. Unfortunately, it seems I can only add locally stored directories as source? Or am I missing some simple way to use a SMB shared folder as the image source directory?

Edit: I found if I go to file manager and add the shared directory as a source I can then choose it as a Picture Add-On for the image directory source in this screensaver. However, when I try to start a preview of the screensaver it says index created and then I just see spinning white dots on the screen for... forever I think. I've let it sit for ~10 minutes and it keeps doing that.
(2015-04-28, 23:15)Lethargus Wrote: Trying to use this on Kodi 14.2 on an Amazon Fire TV with the source as a folder I have shared out over SMB on my file server. Unfortunately, it seems I can only add locally stored directories as source? Or am I missing some simple way to use a SMB shared folder as the image source directory?

1937658 (post)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
You posted your reply as I was editing my post. I'm not sure if it's because I'm using an Amazon Fire TV or what, but under Pictures I can only add add-ons, there's nowhere to add my shared directory. Which is odd cause I don't have that issue with Videos or Music...

Edit: Got it working. It seems adding as a source worked, but I had too many images in the folder. Trimming it down to only 300 has it working fine. Sorry to bother.
Would be cool if it could pull pictures from Dropbox so if you have family members that use the screen saver they can all pull from the same location. When pulling pull the copies and store them locally and periodically check to see if any have been added or removed from drop box. Also if it could play video Wink
(2015-05-11, 16:52)buddylee7 Wrote: Would be cool if it could pull pictures from Dropbox so if you have family members that use the screen saver they can all pull from the same location. When pulling pull the copies and store them locally and periodically check to see if any have been added or removed from drop box. Also if it could play video Wink

wouldn't it be possible to use your local dropbox folder?
then there would be no need to download anything.

the addon already checks for updates/removals every 30mins.
Did not realize there was one. I'll check it out. Thx
(2015-04-03, 08:14)DrJogalog Wrote: I think I know what this means as I raised the same query earlier in the thread. I believed it was working in the end and replied suggesting so but then found out later it wasn't and got sidetracked... I never came back to it.

I think as you have suggested, the 'standard' fanart is stored in userdata and referenced somewhere in the default databases. This is what the slideshow uses. There is also the 3rd party plugin for 'extrafanart' which creates a \extrafanart\ subdirectory in each and every individual movie folder and puts the images in there (provided there was some artwork to download etc). Given the names of these files are some kind of GUID, I suspect them to also be stored in a database, but are probably in a a db or table that is used just by the add-on etc.

If I fnd where these references are stored in the database, would it possible to also include these in the screensaver slideshow? It woyld be good if it could use both stores at the same time. Fanart+extrafanart etc.

I completely understand if you don't want to develop this option but if you don't ask, you don't get. :-)

Thanks!

I guess its not an option then? :-(
(2015-05-11, 19:43)DrJogalog Wrote:
(2015-04-03, 08:14)DrJogalog Wrote: I think I know what this means as I raised the same query earlier in the thread. I believed it was working in the end and replied suggesting so but then found out later it wasn't and got sidetracked... I never came back to it.

Thanks!

I guess its not an option then? :-(

extrafanart isn't stored in the db.
(2015-05-11, 20:34)ronie Wrote: extrafanart isn't stored in the db.
Yeah, I cannot find it anywhere. It must just work direct from the files themselves.

Could just work from a specified folder etc but it means I would have to remove the \Games\, \Music\ and \Photos\ subdirectories from the \Media\ parent directory and it wouldn't show the movie/tvshow name in the screensaver either. Or would it...

Thanks for checking Ronie.
nope, it will display the filename in that case.
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4