• 107(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
Why is there no support anymore for subtitles ?
(2015-05-11, 11:33)reggert32 Wrote: Why is there no support anymore for subtitles ?

a.) complete rewrite
b.) haven't found the time yet to implement
c.) Google/YouTube just added this feature in their APIv3 a few month back.

Wink
Hi guys,

First time user. My problem is with Navi x and the YouTube processor, if anyone knows how to fix my problem would be soooo greatful. So when I try and use
To YouTube processor on Navi X it comes up with device not compatible video described by other apps.

I have installed the new bromix YouTube app, also logged in twice and have the current version of Kodi and Navi X any one know how to fix this issue? Thanks :-)
(2015-05-11, 13:02)Pshyco_babe76 Wrote: Hi guys,

First time user. My problem is with Navi x and the YouTube processor, if anyone knows how to fix my problem would be soooo greatful. So when I try and use
To YouTube processor on Navi X it comes up with device not compatible video described by other apps.

I have installed the new bromix YouTube app, also logged in twice and have the current version of Kodi and Navi X any one know how to fix this issue? Thanks :-)

Please read the forum rules: Banned add-ons (wiki)
On my touchscreen device I have set Items per Page to 10 to make navigation easier. This seems to work for most views except My Subscriptions, which of course is the one I use the most.

I was wondering if this a known issue, or another situation related to the google api?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2015-05-11, 15:25)jmh2002 Wrote: On my touchscreen device I have set Items per Page to 10 to make navigation easier. This seems to work for most views except My Subscriptions, which of course is the one I use the most.

Is this a known issue, or another situation related to the google api?

Related to the GOOGLE API. The fix/hack is working with 16 items per request Sad
Okay...if someone is asking for collections...Google/YouTube is doing a great job so far Big Grin

Quote:On 5/20/15 we'll discontinue collections, as we'll focus on other efforts to make your subscriptions even more enjoyable.
Yeah, it's a shame. Right now I use Youtube by browsing "My Subscriptions" by latest added date, and I subscribe to a couple dozen channels so it can be difficult to sort through. Before the latest versions of the addon, it only showed 50 videos so I would actually miss stuff. I would love the ability to categorize my subscriptions into groups like "tech", "games", "news, "food", etc. That's what collections did, but we never got them inside Kodi, and now they're gone forever. A bummer.
What can i do so i could see my playlists??
(2015-05-11, 21:33)macavita Wrote: What can i do so i could see my playlists??
Already solved a view posts back. You need a channel. Create your private channel on YouTube and everything should work fine.
(2015-05-11, 12:27)bromix Wrote:
(2015-05-11, 11:33)reggert32 Wrote: Why is there no support anymore for subtitles ?

a.) complete rewrite

Wink

Youtube has had this feature much longer than 3 months. I have my raspberry pi now for more than 1 year and since the beginning i had a youtube addon that supported the subtitle feature from youtube, but some while ago the feature dissapeared from the addon. Maybe the old youtube addon was from somebody else.

best regards,

reggert32
(2015-05-12, 06:39)reggert32 Wrote:
(2015-05-11, 12:27)bromix Wrote:

a.) complete rewrite

Wink

Youtube has had this feature much longer than 3 months. I have my raspberry pi now for more than 1 year and since the beginning i had a youtube addon that supported the subtitle feature from youtube, but some while ago the feature dissapeared from the addon. Maybe the old youtube addon was from somebody else.

best regards,

reggert32
Correct - you were using the addon 4.X.X with a discontinued API by Google/Youtube. An API for almost 2 years obsolete and an addon not developed by me.
This addon is version 5.X.X and from scratch. It's only available starting with Helix and using the new APIv3 which has support for subtitles only a few month back. So I wasn't able to add the support of subtitles again in a proper way of development.
But everyone can help to develop/add the support for subtitles (again) - the addon is on GitHib for everyone to fork and to improve.
reggert32 - sense of entitlement?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-05-12, 07:47)bromix Wrote:
(2015-05-12, 06:39)reggert32 Wrote:
(2015-05-11, 12:27)bromix Wrote: a.) complete rewrite

Wink

best regards,

reggert32
Correct - you were using the addon 4.X.X with a discontinued API by Google/Youtube. An API for almost 2 years obsolete and an addon not developed by me.
This addon is version 5.X.X and from scratch. It's only available starting with Helix and using the new APIv3 which has support for subtitles only a few month back. So I wasn't able to add the support of subtitles again in a proper way of development.
But everyone can help to develop/add the support for subtitles (again) - the addon is on GitHib for everyone to fork and to improve.

Ah ok, sorry for the confusion.
(2015-05-12, 07:56)nickr Wrote: reggert32 - sense of entitlement?

What do you mean ??
  • 107(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20