• 5(current)
WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
OpenELEC (based on Milhouse's #0512 build plus media_import_redesign branch): Generic / Nvidia_Legacy / RPi1 / RPi2

Should probably mention this latest "media_import_redesign" branch bumps the videodb schema to v94, which probably shouldn't be left hanging around once you revert back to mainstream builds (as future videodb migrations will find the v94 schema, try to use it/upgrade it, and fail).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Def my day to day build I am running. Works fine for my usage.

Only problem is it needs delta updates. On RPi2 it takes a while to sync with my library.

I know not all upnp sources will support deltas but maybe you must have some way of defining capabilities of the upnp source.

Then on the source that supports deltas like kodi that we have control over we can implement deltas. Or is it a case of upnp standard not having a delta update specification.

Thanks again for this.
(2015-05-13, 19:23)rterblanche Wrote: Def my day to day build I am running. Works fine for my usage.

Only problem is it needs delta updates. On RPi2 it takes a while to sync with my library.

I know not all upnp sources will support deltas but maybe you must have some way of defining capabilities of the upnp source.

Then on the source that supports deltas like kodi that we have control over we can implement deltas. Or is it a case of upnp standard not having a delta update specification.

Thanks again for this.

The UPnP functionality I'm using right now does not support deltas and we also currently don't have a way to determine them. Another forum user has done some work on that i.e. he extended the database by timestamps to be able to determine what was added/changed when and then it's possible to determine a list of changes since a specific timestamp. Combining that with another UPnP functionality which supports this kind of synchronisation would certainly be a big improvement. But that will require a lot of additional work so for now this is the easiest approach.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Adding time stamps to the db would be pretty great for the future. Somehow that never previously occurred to me.
I tested on Windows 8 laptop and Android 4.4 TV box. Works great. However wanted to understand two things:
1) Import function does not copy over the Movies or TV Shows files. Thumbnails points to the Imported source. What that means is, if the imported Media source is in sleep mode or shut down, the imported thumbnails don't work.

2) To play the movie, just clicking the Fanart image does not work. You need to do Context -> Play from here.

I am an developer myself and know how difficult it is to code such functionality. Great job to the developer.

Is there any mechanism to physically import the files, so that even if other media source is sleeping, it would not matter.
(2015-05-14, 06:14)anildzs Wrote: I tested on Windows 8 laptop and Android 4.4 TV box. Works great. However wanted to understand two things:
1) Import function does not copy over the Movies or TV Shows files. Thumbnails points to the Imported source. What that means is, if the imported Media source is in sleep mode or shut down, the imported thumbnails don't work.

2) To play the movie, just clicking the Fanart image does not work. You need to do Context -> Play from here.

I am an developer myself and know how difficult it is to code such functionality. Great job to the developer.

Is there any mechanism to physically import the files, so that even if other media source is sleeping, it would not matter.
Importing is on the roadmap, but I don't think anyone has begun coding for it.

With that said, this is why this project is supposed to dovetail into headless. Ideally you'll have a low energy device somewhere that never goes to sleep.
@Montellese
Would it be possible to rebase to master?
Wanted to switch my Android devices to this but the version is lower and couldn't upgrade without wiping them
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-05-14, 15:33)Martijn Wrote: @Montellese
Would it be possible to rebase to master?
Wanted to switch my Android devices to this but the version is lower and couldn't upgrade without wiping them

Once libCEC et al. have been fixed in master yes but until then I can't start Kodi on windows without crashing on current master (at least that's what happened a few days ago). That's why I have to keep all my branches at an older state of master to be able to continue to work on them.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Great work!
I currently have only one Kodi device and have to wait for a version which supports also other UPnP servers but it is good to see some progress on this already.
Thanks a lot for this!
Latest test builds: May 17 2015:
Changelog
  • Rebased onto current master: fcf7d8882098c3ffee6e56058225c6992d7e4625
Is it worth doing a xcode sync at this stage of development?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2015-05-17, 18:31)Memphiz Wrote: Is it worth doing a xcode sync at this stage of development?

That would be very welcome. I haven't added any new files for a while and until I start looking into either music integration or a new media import implementation there won't be any changes to the projects.
OpenELEC Generic (based on Milhouse's build): http://milhouse.openelec.tv/builds/wipup...8490fa.tar
OpenELEC RPi (based on Milhouse's build): http://milhouse.openelec.tv/builds/wipup...8490fa.tar
OpenELEC RPi2 (based on Milhouse's build): http://milhouse.openelec.tv/builds/wipup...8490fa.tar
OpenELEC NVidia Legacy (based on Milhouse's build): http://milhouse.openelec.tv/builds/wipup...8490fa.tar
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Useful demo video from @natethomas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aga6XuLFuJ4
Hi there, good night.

Would it be possible to integrate major 3d subtitles formats? like .ass .ssa .sub and .idx over UPNP.

Also, will there be major improvments on the wifi upnp transfer and cache rates? i'm saying it because sometimes it is just messed up by something grim. Like HBO opening [static logo coming out and forming] which makes barely impossibly to cache... making stuff goes mad like cache 0% then 3% than 2% lol i mean... weird as hell, Ethernet seems to be ok though.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10