• 108(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
As I've said before, adding a youtube channel to my youtube account did fix the issue of receiving "channel not found" when clicking on playlists. However, google forces you to start a google plus profile when starting a youtube channel. I didn't have google plus before, and am not interested in one at this time, so I deleted the youtube channel I created, and that reverted me back to receiving "channel not found" when clicking on playlists, which I expected. Is there any way in the future that playlists can be played without adding a channel? Maybe a future release? Thanks for your help!
(2015-05-12, 20:21)rwzx7 Wrote: As I've said before, adding a youtube channel to my youtube account did fix the issue of receiving "channel not found" when clicking on playlists. However, google forces you to start a google plus profile when starting a youtube channel. I didn't have google plus before, and am not interested in one at this time, so I deleted the youtube channel I created, and that reverted me back to receiving "channel not found" when clicking on playlists, which I expected. Is there any way in the future that playlists can be played without adding a channel? Maybe a future release? Thanks for your help!
Without it it won't work. Sorry. This is how it works.
G+ account connected with YouTube and a channel. Nothing I can do.
That's what I suspected. Appreciate the quick reply!
I'm having a problem with 5.1.1 in Kodi 15 beta 1 where videos regularly freeze for several minutes partway through playing, displaying a "Buffering ... 100%" message, before Kodi eventually just locks up and crashes or it recognizes the pressing of the Stop button several minutes later and goes back to the menu, where you can try playing the video again from the beginning and may or may not face the same freezing/crashing problem. It's making the app pretty much unusable, as it's freezing on just about every video I try to play now, usually in the first 15 to 30 seconds.
(2015-05-13, 00:36)ssmodk Wrote: I'm having a problem with 5.1.1 in Kodi 15 beta 1 where videos regularly freeze for several minutes partway through playing, displaying a "Buffering ... 100%" message, before Kodi eventually just locks up and crashes or it recognizes the pressing of the Stop button several minutes later and goes back to the menu, where you can try playing the video again from the beginning and may or may not face the same freezing/crashing problem. It's making the app pretty much unusable, as it's freezing on just about every video I try to play now, usually in the first 15 to 30 seconds.
Have you tried 14.2 to compare the result? Is your bandwith okay?
You can try a lower resolution of the video, but I think it's not addon related.
It works absolutely fine under 14.2. No bugs at all. It's just when I try to use it under 15.0 beta 1.
I'm checking it out on the current nightly build of 15. Whatever the problem is, when it freezes, the CPU usage goes from <10% on all cores to >75% on every core until the program is finally forced closed.

Still seems to be having problems on the nightly build.
Are you able to increase the video caching past 10.00 MB? I would appreciate an option to increase it to a few times that.
(2015-05-13, 22:59)cambax Wrote: Are you able to increase the video caching past 10.00 MB? I would appreciate an option to increase it to a few times that.
This would be a setting of KODI - the addon has nothing to do (technically) with the buffer.
(2015-05-13, 22:59)cambax Wrote: Are you able to increase the video caching past 10.00 MB? I would appreciate an option to increase it to a few times that.

The default is already 20mb...

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
(2015-05-14, 00:44)speedwell68 Wrote:

The default is already 20mb...

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache
I observe that the maximum used is 10.00 MB. I will investigate.

EDIT: I changed my settings in Kodi. Thanks.
I have a feature request.
To add music videos to my kodi library I usually manually create a .strm file with the following url inside and the name of the song as filename.

plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=XXXX

It would be great if you could add a feature to save a video as a .strm file so that it can be added to the (music) video library. I could then add a feature to my android remote to automatically add a video from the youtube app to kodi via the share function.
When adding proxy KODI to system, YouTube App does not workHuh

Can you verify this issue, or add proxy Disable or Enable the YouTube APP directly!Nod
Hi,

I was wondering if you could assist me with a little problem I noticed this morning when trying to use the addon.

The problem that I encountered is that when going into the subscriptions section to view my channels I could only see the first 50 channels out of the 63 I am subscribed to. Normally at the end of the list there is an option to go to page 2 to view the rest, however no matter which view I have tried to use that link is no longer showing.

I did try restarting xbmc and also logged out and back into the addon however this has not fixed the problem. The next page option is appearing correctly on my watch history and all other sections so it only appears to be the subscriptions area that is affected.

I am currently using the shedox skin, however I didn't have time to check if the same is happening on the default skin but I will check this when I am back home this evening.

is anyone else seeing this problem?

Edit: I forgot to mention which version of kodi I am using. I cant check at the moment but I believe it is version 14.1 and the version of the addon I remember seeing was 5.1.1
(2015-05-11, 15:30)bromix Wrote:
(2015-05-11, 15:25)jmh2002 Wrote: On my touchscreen device I have set Items per Page to 10 to make navigation easier. This seems to work for most views except My Subscriptions, which of course is the one I use the most.

Is this a known issue, or another situation related to the google api?

Related to the GOOGLE API. The fix/hack is working with 16 items per request Sad

Ok thanks for the reply. Its a pity Sad
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
  • 108(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20