• 113(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
Hi, I'm having a weird problem with the youtube add-on on openelec 5.0.8 on a RPI2

since today, when I go to the subscriptions page, the list stops at "m" and the option to go to the next page is gone, which used to be at the bottom of the list, but it's not there, it just stops at "m" and there is nothing more on the list.

I would like to access the rest of my subscriptions as well Wink

I hope anyone can help, thanks a bunch in advance.

Cheers,

Lasz82
(2015-05-18, 23:15)WeirdH Wrote: Hi Bromix, recently I have encountered some navigation issues. For instance, when I select "subscriptions", I'm greeted with a dialogue box titled 'exception in contentprovider', which prompts the text: unknown kind "

I am still on XBMC 13.2, so maybe that's the issue? (have been regardlessly updating YouTube)

Sending any video from another device using Yatse still works flawlessly, however!

Am I even still able to use YouTube on Gotham? Or do I just have to bite the bullet and update to Helix 14.2?

TIA,
WeirdH
Have you tried logout and sign in again (as mentioned a few posts back)? I had to update the API key and for Gotham you will have a new one.
(2015-05-18, 23:25)Lasz82 Wrote: Hi, I'm having a weird problem with the youtube add-on on openelec 5.0.8 on a RPI2

since today, when I go to the subscriptions page, the list stops at "m" and the option to go to the next page is gone, which used to be at the bottom of the list, but it's not there, it just stops at "m" and there is nothing more on the list.

Cheers,

Lasz82
Also already mentioned a few posts back Wink it's sadly a bug in the API and I hope Google is fixing it soon.
(2015-05-18, 23:39)bromix Wrote:
(2015-05-18, 23:15)WeirdH Wrote: Hi Bromix, recently I have encountered some navigation issues. For instance, when I select "subscriptions", I'm greeted with a dialogue box titled 'exception in contentprovider', which prompts the text: unknown kind "

I am still on XBMC 13.2, so maybe that's the issue? (have been regardlessly updating YouTube)

Sending any video from another device using Yatse still works flawlessly, however!

Am I even still able to use YouTube on Gotham? Or do I just have to bite the bullet and update to Helix 14.2?

TIA,
WeirdH
Have you tried logout and sign in again (as mentioned a few posts back)? I had to update the API key and for Gotham you will have a new one.

Awesome, that worked. Apologies for not being a thorough enough reader though... Blush
(2015-05-18, 23:54)WeirdH Wrote:
(2015-05-18, 23:39)bromix Wrote:

TIA,
WeirdH

Awesome, that worked. Apologies for not being a thorough enough reader though... Blush
No problem Wink
(2015-05-18, 23:41)bromix Wrote:
(2015-05-18, 23:25)Lasz82 Wrote: Hi, I'm having a weird problem with the youtube add-on on openelec 5.0.8 on a RPI2

Cheers,

Lasz82
Also already mentioned a few posts back Wink it's sadly a bug in the API and I hope Google is fixing it soon.

aha, I guess we'll have to wait, then. Thanks anyway. Smile
Hi, I'd like to know if there's a way to have more than one account and change between them.

I have to do the "activate" process every time I want to use my account and sometimes I forget to log in with my wife's account again when I finish so that she could watch her videos.

Thanks
(2015-05-19, 14:10)Sicosamo Wrote: Hi, I'd like to know if there's a way to have more than one account and change between them.

I have to do the "activate" process every time I want to use my account and sometimes I forget to log in with my wife's account again when I finish so that she could watch her videos.

Thanks

I haven't tested it yet, but I have it on my todo test list Smile I can't promise anything.
Hi bromix,

Thanks for all your work on this addon.

I have created a pull request in GitHub in order to add Download Support for a given video file.

https://github.com/bromix/plugin.video.youtube/pull/274

I hope this is OK.

Rob
(2015-05-19, 16:46)rob_webset Wrote: Hi bromix,

I have created a pull request in GitHub in order to add Download Support for a given video file.

I hope this is OK.

Rob

Thanks...you have an answer on GitHub Wink two particular cases won't work Smile If we could solve these two and also get rid of the dependency.
(2015-05-19, 17:09)bromix Wrote:

I hope this is OK.

Rob

Thanks...you have an answer on GitHub Wink two particular cases won't work Smile If we could solve these two and also get rid of the dependency.

Thanks bromix for taking a look. Unfortunately I think what you are suggesting may be beyond my knowledge of the YouTube code (Took me a while to work out where to put in the context hook etc to get it to the point of the pull request) - not saying you are wrong, just that I think it may be needing some-one with a more indepth knowledge (I think it best to avoid death by a thousand pull request! Big Grin)

Maybe if someone has a bit more knoweldge they can update the new yt_download.py to do the behaviour you describe. (At least this moves the behaviour into a single file now.)

Thanks

Rob
(2015-05-19, 18:44)rob_webset Wrote:
(2015-05-19, 17:09)bromix Wrote:

I hope this is OK.

Rob

Thanks bromix for taking a look. Unfortunately I think what you are suggesting may be beyond my knowledge of the YouTube code (Took me a while to work out where to put in the context hook etc to get it to the point of the pull request) - not saying you are wrong, just that I think it may be needing some-one with a more indepth knowledge (I think it best to avoid death by a thousand pull request! Big Grin)

Maybe if someone has a bit more knoweldge they can update the new yt_download.py to do the behaviour you describe. (At least this moves the behaviour into a single file now.)

Thanks

Rob

Because your code was so clean...I put your PR for a download on my possible ToDo. Maybe we can do something about that Wink I'm missing one feature/service for downloading/caching video files. (The simple xbmc downloader works a little bit strange Smile )
(2015-05-19, 19:06)bromix Wrote: Because your code was so clean...I put your PR for a download on my possible ToDo. Maybe we can do something about that Wink I'm missing one feature/service for downloading/caching video files. (The simple xbmc downloader works a little bit strange Smile )

Thanks bromix - that would be really nice.

I thought I'd give you a quick explanation as to why I started looking at it. The VideoExtras Addon currently reads from disk any DVD/Bluray Extras you have saved there. But I thought with the amount of Extra material for films available on YouTube that it would be good to have an option to display that as well. So I added a link to your YouTube addon with the "Search" interface that you have exposed. (Thanks for exposing that - took me a while to work out exactly how to use it - but saved re-inventing the wheel!)

This seems to work well - so I thought that it would be nice if users could then, once they have viewed the extras videos on YouTube to save them to disk with their other Extras - hence me looking into the download option.

Hope this makes sense

Rob
Any chance that the download feature ("if" available in the future) will allow us to download dash streams (60fps, 1080P, 4K, etc) into a temp folder and watch them within the YouTube Add-on? Tongue
Probably no because the video and audio have be downloaded separately and add-on does't do muxing?
  • 113(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20