• 3(current)
[RELEASE] YouTube Channels (Video Plugin) Addon
If there are interested people, I can code something like this, no problem Tongue
(2015-05-15, 16:36)Nenes Wrote:
(2015-05-15, 11:40)bromix Wrote: I see. Is there interest of more users for this addon?

ho yesssss Nod
Okay....I'm already testing some stuff Smile
Hey all! My addon is ready to use (I hope so! ), sorry bromix, I was a faster coder Wink

Youtube Channels v0.0.1 by natko1412
-create folders
-add channels to those folders (simple channel search implemented - no need for user to edit the code)
-based on SQLite

This is my first addon / piece of software that uses databases, I hope I did a good job Wink
Also, please if you have any feature requests, I'm here to help

I haven't done much testing so I hope you guys can do it Smile
Download addon , but I recommend installing my repo to receive future updates Smile

My GitHub
I found some problems with the code...but I have to get my beautysleep Smile I tell you tomorrow. It's nothing criminal but something to avoid errors.
Okay, let me know about the problems. I also PM-ed you with some questions Smile
Script failed on openelec kodi & openelec gotham :'(

Quote:12:50:38 T:2670713664 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'sqlite3.OperationalError'>
Error Contents: unable to open database file
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.ytchannels/default.py", line 199, in <module>
folders=get_folders()
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.ytchannels/default.py", line 55, in get_folders
init_database()
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.ytchannels/default.py", line 44, in init_database
db=sqlite3.connect('folders.db')
OperationalError: unable to open database file
-->End of Python script error report<--
12:50:38 T:3046266624 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.ytchannels/
12:50:38 T:3046266624 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.ytchannels/) failed
Yeah, I have some bad code, will update soon. Try deleting database in addon settings
Youtube Channels by natko1412 Update

v0.0.21 [18-May-2015]
-you can now add channel by searching or entering a username
-added "TOP Channels" and "Categories" (by views) charts from vidstatx.com
-added my icons
-fixed videos (now able to play like a playlist)
-fixed some code and bugs
(2015-05-18, 18:21)natko1412 Wrote: Youtube Channels by natko1412 Update

v0.0.21 [18-May-2015]
-added my icons

Fantastic!
I'm going to look at this now. Awesome job... I've not been this excited over a plugin....... Well.... Ever lol Smile

Question, is there any way to modify the existing /original plugin?
The reason I ask, is that I have hundreds of channels organised into folders in the original plugin.

Or could your plugin pull the list of existing channels (it's just a plain text file sitting in the user directory of xbmc) and import that list of channels and folders into your version?

Also, does your version allow adding folders/categories etc to organised our channels?

Just to save us from starting from scratch Wink

Added thanks for creating this though, it's an absolutely awesome idea and seriously is my most used app. Hopefully your new version will be too Smile
(2015-05-18, 18:21)natko1412 Wrote: Youtube Channels by natko1412 Update

v0.0.21 [18-May-2015]
-added my icons

Always the same problems on openelec (gotham & kodi)

ok on gotham on windows 7
(2015-05-19, 21:15)DerekCuster Wrote: Fantastic!
I'm going to look at this now. Awesome job... I've not been this excited over a plugin....... Well.... Ever lol Smile

Question, is there any way to modify the existing /original plugin?
The reason I ask, is that I have hundreds of channels organised into folders in the original plugin.

Or could your plugin pull the list of existing channels (it's just a plain text file sitting in the user directory of xbmc) and import that list of channels and folders into your version?

Also, does your version allow adding folders/categories etc to organised our channels?

Just to save us from starting from scratch Wink

Added thanks for creating this though, it's an absolutely awesome idea and seriously is my most used app. Hopefully your new version will be too Smile
I will look what I can do with importing from old addon Smile The problem is that I don't have the old version, never had it. Do you know maybe where I can find it?
Yes, in my version you can create folders, and then add channels to those folders.
Do you want me to add the "folder in folder" option?

@Nenes

Can you provide a debug log file from openelec?
(2015-05-19, 21:33)natko1412 Wrote: @Nenes

Can you provide a debug log file from openelec?

Quote:21:35:12 T:140404291839744 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:35:12 T:140404291839744 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'sqlite3.OperationalError'>
Error Contents: unable to open database file
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.ytchannels/default.py", line 21, in <module>
db=sqlite3.connect('folders.db')
OperationalError: unable to open database file
-->End of Python script error report<--
21:35:12 T:140405726349120 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.ytchannels/
21:35:12 T:140405726349120 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.ytchannels/) failed
21:35:12 T:140404291839744 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
Smile
(2015-05-19, 21:33)natko1412 Wrote: I will look what I can do with importing from old addon Smile The problem is that I don't have the old version, never had it. Do you know maybe where I can find it?
Yes, in my version you can create folders, and then add channels to those folders.
Do you want me to add the "folder in folder" option?

https://github.com/AddonScriptorDE/plugi...e.channels
@Nenes I need a full log please Smile
You are a saint Natko!
A true Saint. even if I have to start from scratch, it's not the end of the world Wink The fact you brought this back is truly fantastic.

It's genuinely like a sky guide for YouTube and I just don't want to use YouTube any other way after experiencing this.

Absolutely appreciated in more ways than I know how to express!

Edit:
Script error for me using the versiob in your repo Sad
Unable to upload the log atm as I'm on a shitpad, but will do Smile

I'm using Gotham 13.2
Win 7
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] YouTube Channels (Video Plugin) Addon1