• 95(current)
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread
Has anyone setup with PowerDVD 15 Ultra yet? I upgraded but haven't gotten around to trying.

Want it auto play all my bd.iso and 3d bd.iso files. Version 14 I couldn't get it to auto start to keep simple for family. Also didn't auto detect with content was 3d. Has to manual change to 3d in PowerDVD.
(2015-05-13, 18:34)rmilyard Wrote: Has anyone setup with PowerDVD 15 Ultra yet? I upgraded but haven't gotten around to trying.

Want it auto play all my bd.iso and 3d bd.iso files. Version 14 I couldn't get it to auto start to keep simple for family. Also didn't auto detect with content was 3d. Has to manual change to 3d in PowerDVD.

I finally managed to get PDVD14 to work flawlessly using Elaborate Bytes as a virtual DVD player. I amended the code to point at the Classic exe file rather than the Cinema exe as I just couldn't get it to work properly.

I recently tried PDVD15 (trial version) hoping the integration of ISO playback would negate the requirement to use Elaborate Bytes. However I just couldn't get it to work despite spending hours messing around with the xml code and batch file. I tried looking for a virtual drive exe within the PDVD15 folders but there doesn't appear to be one. Anyway I'm not sure whether I would want to use PDVD15 to "auto mount" ISO images in any event as it takes a while to load whereas Elaborate Bytes is almost instantaneous.

As stated, now that I've got PDVD14 to work flawlessly, I have no desire to upgrade. I'll post the playercorefactory & batch file code later. I presume you are running Kodi?
(2015-05-14, 10:06)Animal_Freeride Wrote:
(2015-05-13, 18:34)rmilyard Wrote: Has anyone setup with PowerDVD 15 Ultra yet? I upgraded but haven't gotten around to trying.

I finally managed to get PDVD14 to work flawlessly using Elaborate Bytes as a virtual DVD player. I amended the code to point at the Classic exe file rather than the Cinema exe as I just couldn't get it to work properly.

I recently tried PDVD15 (trial version) hoping the integration of ISO playback would negate the requirement to use Elaborate Bytes. However I just couldn't get it to work despite spending hours messing around with the xml code and batch file. I tried looking for a virtual drive exe within the PDVD15 folders but there doesn't appear to be one. Anyway I'm not sure whether I would want to use PDVD15 to "auto mount" ISO images in any event as it takes a while to load whereas Elaborate Bytes is almost instantaneous.

As stated, now that I've got PDVD14 to work flawlessly, I have no desire to upgrade. I'll post the playercorefactory & batch file code later. I presume you are running Kodi?

I have been able to auto mount files with EB also. My issue is Kodi runs PowerDVD and shows Blu Ray mount but doesn't auto play the movie. When I used TMT6 in the past it would. I am thinking I am missing a /cmd argument or something.

Also issue I am seeing is PowerDVD doesn't detect if content of the Blu Ray is 3d or not. When I start it I need to selected (right click) and turn on 3d. TMT6 would just detect it. After doing that it plays after later if run a non 3d blu ray you need to do the same and turn it off.
(2015-05-14, 16:32)rmilyard Wrote:
(2015-05-14, 10:06)Animal_Freeride Wrote:

I have been able to auto mount files with EB also. My issue is Kodi runs PowerDVD and shows Blu Ray mount but doesn't auto play the movie. When I used TMT6 in the past it would. I am thinking I am missing a /cmd argument or something.

Also issue I am seeing is PowerDVD doesn't detect if content of the Blu Ray is 3d or not. When I start it I need to selected (right click) and turn on 3d. TMT6 would just detect it. After doing that it plays after later if run a non 3d blu ray you need to do the same and turn it off.

This is what I use and runs perfect;

Playercore Code

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\(YOUR DETAILS HERE)\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\PowerDVD.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidekodi>false</hidekodi>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="PowerDVD"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

BAT File

Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto next)

:next
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:mpls=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO plaympls) ELSE (goto playbdmv)

:playiso
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\PowerDVD14\PowerDVD.exe" E:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
GOTO end

:plaympls
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:~1,-25%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\PowerDVD14\PowerDVD.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\PowerDVD14\PowerDVD.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

:end
exit
(2015-05-17, 11:47)Animal_Freeride Wrote:
(2015-05-14, 16:32)rmilyard Wrote:
(2015-05-14, 10:06)Animal_Freeride Wrote: I finally managed to get PDVD14 to work flawlessly using Elaborate Bytes as a virtual DVD player. I amended the code to point at the Classic exe file rather than the Cinema exe as I just couldn't get it to work properly.

This is what I use and runs perfect;

Playercore Code

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>C:\Users\(YOUR DETAILS HERE)\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\PowerDVD.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

BAT File

Set file=%1

Set file=%1

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\PowerDVD14\PowerDVD.exe" E:
GOTO end

set pth=%1

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\PowerDVD14\PowerDVD.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

set pth=%1

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\PowerDVD14\PowerDVD.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

exit

So I tried this with PowerDVD 15. The program loads but doesn't seem to mount the iso. So just sits there saying H: (My VCD) no disk.
This is the code I am trying right now:

powercorefactory:
Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
           <player name="ISO_BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Users\Ray\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>
            <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
                        <hideconsole>True</hideconsole>
                        <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>                
        </player>
        </players>
        <rules action="prepend">
        <!-- Bluray ISO -->
                <!-- Bluray ISO/BDMV -->
        <rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="ISO_BDMV_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO.bat:
Code:
Set file=%1

Set file=%1

"D:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD15\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema.exe" H:
"D:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
GOTO end

set pth=%1

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD15\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

set pth=%1

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD15\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

exit

When it runs the iso mounts and PowerDVDCinema starts. However it's not playing the H: drive. I am getting this:
As you can see it's looking at H: drive. Then I need to click the mouse and I will get this screen:
From here if I select H: this screen comes up:
If I click restart all works.

Also when I stop the movie it doesn't clock PowerDVD. I would like it to close to go back to Kodi.

If anyone knows what I might be doing wrong that would be great!
What rule in playercorefactory.xml will launch a 3D title only? Fwiw, I renamed the players so that it is how they appear in the Kodi menu so there's no confusion. I'm using 2 .bat files. 1 for 2D so it does not start NVidia stereoscopic and 1 for 3D so it does. Kodi menu shows dvdplayer, 2D and 3D players. 2D.iso's default to the 2D player (Perfect). 3D.iso's default to the 2D player (Not so perfect) I don't want to manually select a player for 2D or 3D so, I need the playercorefactory with a rule it understands to differentiate between 2D and 3D. Tagging the file name with '3D' doesn't work. Tagging the filetype with ssif doesn't work. Is it even possible?

This is a typical example of naming convention: Avatar (2009) .3D.iso
This makes no difference: Avatar (2009)_3D.iso
This makes no difference: Avatar (2009) .3DBluray.iso

This does not work:
<rule filename=".*3d.*" player="3D"/>
<rule filename=".*_3d.*" player="3D"/>
<rule filename=".*.3DBluray.*" player="3D"/>
<rule filename=".*3d.*" player="3D"/>
<rule filename=".*3d.iso*" protocols="*3d.iso*" player="3D"/>
<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mplslssif" filename=".*3D.*" player="3D"/>

(EDIT) Never mind. Figured it out and totally perfected now. There is a definite order for rules by (precedence). Could have saved a lot of trial and error if this was in the External Player Wiki. Hope this helps others.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 21 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2015-05-18, 20:50)rmilyard Wrote: This is the code I am trying right now:

powercorefactory:
Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
           <player name="ISO_BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <args>"{1}"</args>
        </player>
        </players>
        <rules action="prepend">
        <!-- Bluray ISO -->
                <!-- Bluray ISO/BDMV -->

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO.bat:
Code:
Set file=%1

Set file=%1

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD15\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema.exe" H:
GOTO end

set pth=%1

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD15\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

set pth=%1

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD15\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

exit

When it runs the iso mounts and PowerDVDCinema starts. However it's not playing the H: drive. I am getting this:
As you can see it's looking at H: drive. Then I need to click the mouse and I will get this screen:

Also when I stop the movie it doesn't clock PowerDVD. I would like it to close to go back to Kodi.

I've already told you, DONT USE THE CINEMA EXE FILE!!! If you bothered listening to what I said it should work. I had the exactly the same issues you are experiencing. As you are trying to use PDVD15 (I'm using PDVD14), the code needs to be changed from 14 to 15 & E: to H: (your virtual drive).

Try this, it should be fine.

Playercore Code

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>C:\Users\Ray\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\PowerDVD.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

BAT File

Set file=%1

Set file=%1

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\PowerDVD15\PowerDVD.exe" H:
GOTO end

set pth=%1

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\PowerDVD15\PowerDVD.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

set pth=%1

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\PowerDVD15\PowerDVD.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

exit
(2015-05-19, 21:53)Animal_Freeride Wrote:

powercorefactory:
Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
            <args>"{1}"</args>
        </player>
        </players>
        <rules action="prepend">
        <!-- Bluray ISO -->
                <!-- Bluray ISO/BDMV -->

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO.bat:
Code:
Set file=%1

Set file=%1

GOTO end

set pth=%1

GOTO end

set pth=%1

GOTO end

exit

I've already told you, DONT USE THE CINEMA EXE FILE!!! If you bothered listening to what I said it should work. I had the exactly the same issues you are experiencing. As you are trying to use PDVD15 (I'm using PDVD14), the code needs to be changed from 14 to 15 & E: to H: (your virtual drive).

Playercore Code

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

BAT File

Set file=%1

Set file=%1

GOTO end

set pth=%1

GOTO end

set pth=%1

GOTO end

exit

This works for the most are. However since this is for my Home Theater projector room I would like to run the PowerDVD Cinema since works better with remotes.
(2015-05-20, 18:18)rmilyard Wrote:
(2015-05-19, 21:53)Animal_Freeride Wrote:

powercorefactory:
Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
            <args>"{1}"</args>
        </player>
        </players>
        <rules action="prepend">
        <!-- Bluray ISO -->
                <!-- Bluray ISO/BDMV -->

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO.bat:
Code:
Set file=%1

Set file=%1

GOTO end

set pth=%1

GOTO end

set pth=%1

GOTO end

exit

Playercore Code

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

BAT File

Set file=%1

Set file=%1

GOTO end

set pth=%1

GOTO end

set pth=%1

GOTO end

exit

This works for the most are. However since this is for my Home Theater projector room I would like to run the PowerDVD Cinema since works better with remotes.

I really don't understand why you say you are still having issues. I have a Sony projector set up connected via a Pioneer amp. I have a sound blaster external system which the optical output is connected to the amp. The sound blaster came with a remote which works with PDVD (in fact it's shipped with a PDVD software). However if you have an iPad/iPhone, you can control PDVD using an app. It's works really well and you can even use it as a track pad. Alternatively why not just buy a small keyboard with a built in track pad & use that as a remote?

There are so many options open to you but the fact is that the PDVD cinema mode option doesn't work particularly well.

Oh and a thanks for trying to help would be nice :-)
Hi,

I upgraded to Kodi and wanted to have all my videos play using MPC and all streaming play with the internal player.
I created the following playercorefactory.xml file, I'm sure it worked for a while but for some reason now everything plays using MPC

Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
        <player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
            <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
            <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
            <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
            <playcountminimumtime>900</playcountminimumtime>
        </player>
    </players>
    <rules action="prepend">
        <rule video="true" player="MPC-HC"/>
    <rule name="streams" protocols="daap|smb|sop|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|http|https|rtmpe|rtsp|mms|rtp|pvr" player="DVDPlayer"/>
    </rules>
</playercorefactory>

I also tried modifying the code to:
Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
            <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
            <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
            <playcountminimumtime>900</playcountminimumtime>
        </player>
    </players>
    <rules action="prepend">
    <rule internetstream="true" player="DVDPlayer" />
    </rules>
</playercorefactory>

Another odd thing is that if I switch the lines order, like this:
Code:
<rules action="prepend">
    <rule name="streams" protocols="daap|smb|sop|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|http|https|rtmpe|rtsp|mms|rtp|pvr" player="DVDPlayer"/>
</rules>

MPC will not work and everything will be played using the internal player.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Try this change:

Code:
<rules action="prepend">
   <rule video="true" player="MPC-HC">
   </rule>
</rules>

That works for me in a similar situation. Note the ending slash is gone from the MPC-HC line, and the internetstream line is a subset of the principal rule, which is now terminated by its own </rule>

The logic is: IF video is true, use MPC-HC, EXCEPT IF internetstream is true, then use DVDPLayer.
(2015-05-26, 22:46)pagali Wrote: Try this change:

Code:
<rules action="prepend">
   <rule video="true" player="MPC-HC">
   </rule>
</rules>

That works for me in a similar situation. Note the ending slash is gone from the MPC-HC line, and the internetstream line is a subset of the principal rule, which is now terminated by its own </rule>

The logic is: IF video is true, use MPC-HC, EXCEPT IF internetstream is true, then use DVDPLayer.

Thank you, that worked perfectly
I tried using MPC-HC as external player using Kodi 4.2 on Windows 8.1 Ent x64

my playercorefactory.xml

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
     <filename>"C:\Program Files (x86)\K-Lite Codec Pack\MPC-HC64\mpc-hc64.exe"</filename>
   </player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
    <rule filetypes="mkv|mp4|avi" filename=".*" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Kodi log file shows

Code:
06:23:47 T:8204  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::OpenFile: G:\601T\TV-Final\The Flash.2014.1080p\season01\The.Flash.2014.S01E01.Pilot.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.AAC2.0.H.264-YFN.mkv
06:23:47 T:8464  NOTICE: Thread ExternalPlayer start, auto delete: false
06:23:48 T:8464  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Player : "C:\Program Files (x86)\K-Lite Codec Pack\MPC-HC64\mpc-hc64.exe"
06:23:48 T:8464  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: File   : G:\601T\TV-Final\The Flash.2014.1080p\season01\The.Flash.2014.S01E01.Pilot.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.AAC2.0.H.264-YFN.mkv
06:23:48 T:8464  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Content:
06:23:48 T:8464  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Args   : "{1}" /fullscreen /close
06:23:48 T:8464  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Start
06:23:48 T:8464  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: "C:\Program Files (x86)\K-Lite Codec Pack\MPC-HC64\mpc-hc64.exe" ""C:\Program Files (x86)\K-Lite Codec Pack\MPC-HC64\mpc-hc64.exe"" "G:\601T\TV-Final\The Flash.2014.1080p\season01\The.Flash.2014.S01E01.Pilot.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.AAC2.0.H.264-YFN.mkv" /fullscreen /close
06:23:48 T:8464  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32 - Failure: 123
06:23:48 T:8464  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Stop
06:23:48 T:8464  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Showing Kodi window

Looks like Kodi passes the player's EXE name twice. Is there a way to fix this? or Did I do something wrong? Appreciate any help. Thx

EDIT:

I solved my problem by

1. Modifying playercorefactory.xml

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
     <filename>E:\WinData\App\XBMC\14.2\portable_data\userdata\PlayUsingMPCHC.bat</filename>
   </player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
    <rule filetypes="mkv|mp4|avi" filename=".*" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

2. Creating batch file: PlayUsingMPCHC.bat located on: E:\WinData\App\XBMC\14.2\portable_data\userdata

Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\K-Lite Codec Pack\MPC-HC64\mpc-hc64.exe" %1 %2 %3

This temporary solution works for me, in case you guys having the same problem.
How can I make it so that it automatically chooses the player in playercorefactory.xml, instead of having to choose it every time.
  • 95(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread11