• 26(current)
Kyra for Kodi
(2015-05-19, 23:13)meridius Wrote: ok here is the first pic

what you think best of both worlds and remember this was just a quick mock up to show what I mean. I added some drop shadows behind the icons and text to make them pop more and more readable

oh this could also be done for the bar at the bottom of the screen to so that could be a hidden sliding window so that you could have the bar or not this keeps the whole thing tidy and other features accessible at the same time.

just a quick pic a dark theme bar for rschiks dark theme

the bottom bar is not finalised as I still am not to happy about it. I was going to do some different colour types and see what was the best out of them all but the dark one seems to be better than the white what do you think

I think this is a great idea! For the dark theme the buttons in the bottom menu bar look great.
Should it be a sliding gesture or could it also be like a button pressed? I don't see a problem to have a sliding gesture for the left side menu. The bottom menu, however, if there are already some buttons, the could be in the way with the sliding gesture up.

I also think the rotating gesture for volume control is not needed. A volume sliding bar is more precise, or not?
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
Hi mate I also think the rotating gesture are not needed for the volume. Pointless.

Yes a sliding gesture

The dark theme seems to go better with my own them design to there was something just not right with the white version harder to read and not as slick as the darker version still need to play a little with that but it's getting there

The bottem menu does cover the buttons but if you think about it you would use that sliding menu to exit the remote anyway as you want to select a different location as its transporting you to another screen from the selection. But it's still a two step possess to leave the remote. Slide then select. Where's my way is still a two step. Use the top left return arrow to exit the remote then in which case it would go back to one of the screens with the menu bar already there and then select your location. So hit return menu button then choose location from bar still a two step process.

The only way to make it one step is to put the bar there permanently and that would look terrible. To be honest I would not even add that option at the bottem as its always going to be a two step process which ever way you look at it the iPads screens just to small to get everything on and still look good an useable.

But just in case anyone wants that option I will look into making a little better but not going to waste time on it if know one really wants it and your not going to add it to. So will see what you want to do in that one.

But the sliding bar from the left is good as it still keeps it clean and
Polished and useable and people can add extra options if needed in that menu the only think is I would have to do a icon that's a standard for adding new commands as I don't know how many options there could be.

Let me know if you need any icons for the left menu bar and I will do a better job as the screen shot I did was just a quick sample for the icons. But the the hard is what I I visioned it would look like

Cheers

Edit I think I know what you meant by the buttons under the sliding window at the bottem I think you mean that might be pushed by accident. ?
I will definitely do the left menu...for me personally the icons you have in the left menu are great. But are the icons really needed? it's a side menu....it's something different when the buttons with icons are always visible.

I will experiment with the bottom slide menu...see if it's not conflicting with the buttons already there when I do the slide up gesture.
Hi mate you could try it with and without to see what it looks like. The icons can be changed to it was just a quick mock up. I don't like the close arrow design want a better version than that but the little bar is good I think when the windows closed I will have a play to but the sliding bar is just right the width could be altered or I could make the icons bigger

I do like it with the icons as it makes it stand out more but give it a go with and without and see how it looks and see what people think.

See how you get on and I can do some more for you when j get time. But will send you them smaller buttons for the remote tonight so you can get that part sorted.
(2015-05-20, 11:26)meridius Wrote: Hi mate you could try it with and without to see what it looks like. The icons can be changed to it was just a quick mock up. I don't like the close arrow design want a better version than that but the little bar is good I think when the windows closed I will have a play to but the sliding bar is just right the width could be altered or I could make the icons bigger

I do like it with the icons as it makes it stand out more but give it a go with and without and see how it looks and see what people think.

See how you get on and I can do some more for you when j get time. But will send you them smaller buttons for the remote tonight so you can get that part sorted.

Ok, icons it is :-)

I find this well. However, for everyone to be happy, we must leave the choice whether or not to fix the bottom icons. Via the parameters can be. As those who wish to keep all the time the bottom icons are happy. For others it will be displayed by causing slide his finger up
(2015-05-20, 12:15)madmartigan57 Wrote: I find this well. However, for everyone to be happy, we must leave the choice whether or not to fix the bottom icons. Via the parameters can be. As those who wish to keep all the time the bottom icons are happy. For others it will be displayed by causing slide his finger up

Are you aware then that the buttons under bottom slide bar are not reachable anymore (unless you slide it down again)?
Yes I understood that you have to drag your finger upward to view the buttons at the bottom but if it is possible to fix the bar of buttons at the bottom in the parameters will be really good.
(2015-05-20, 14:17)madmartigan57 Wrote: Yes I understood that you have to drag your finger upward to view the buttons at the bottom but if it is possible to fix the bar of buttons at the bottom in the parameters will be really good.

ok, that's no problem.

When such a button is pressed the remote will be closed and the selected option will be executed. So when movies pressed, the movies in Kodi will be retrieved and displayed.
in fact, I talk about this bar:

for example if I press "movie" must still show that bar downstairs. If then I press "TV show" also requires that the bar is displayed at the bottom.

You understand? Sorry for my english Smile
(2015-05-20, 19:02)madmartigan57 Wrote: in fact, I talk about this bar:

for example if I press "movie" must still show that bar downstairs. If then I press "TV show" also requires that the bar is displayed at the bottom.

You understand? Sorry for my english Smile

This bottom bar is only available in the remote control view. If you press a button, the remote control view is closed and for example, the movies are shown. It has no use to press the movies button and the remote control view stays.

I think what you mean is what is in post #332. This new top bar is customizable and stays on the screen.

That's why meridius and myself are a little bit confused about the use of it.
ahhh ok I understand. so if the bar is finally presented to the top of the application as the post 332 and that remains, indeed normally not need the bar downstairs
(2015-05-21, 11:08)madmartigan57 Wrote: ahhh ok I understand. so if the bar is finally presented to the top of the application as the post 332 and that remains, indeed normally not need the bar downstairs

Just wait for version 1.5 :-)
Ok so i wait version 1.5 Smile

It's possible in version 1.5 include url sheme?
(2015-05-21, 15:12)madmartigan57 Wrote: Ok so i wait version 1.5 Smile

It's possible in version 1.5 include url sheme?

First I need to know what exactly should be implemented. Should it be possible to directly go to the movies screen for example? and should it be possible to select a predefined host.
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi8