• 115(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
Super Favourites was working all ok with YouTube previously but there have been recent updates to that AddOn too. I already posted in the SuperFavourites thread this morning and the developer is looking into it.

Not sure why there is a flurry of posts here about it now...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Hi

I'm stuck on Frodo 12.3 !! (XP system)
Recently the Youtube addon returns results from Youtube saying the device is no longer supported. I loaded in the new 5.1.3 (KODI) addon, registered twice and I can now play videos...but I cannot use the search function, as this returns a script error. Everything else works fine, like channels, subscriptions etc, but without a Search feature these are not that usefiul.
I know it's a very old system but Frodo is all I can use at the moment so can anyone help restore the youtibe Search feature for me?

Thanks a lot for any help,
(2015-05-20, 22:03)AndyJL Wrote: Hi

Recently the Youtube addon returns results from Youtube saying the device is no longer supported. I loaded in the new 5.1.3 (KODI) addon, registered twice and I can now play videos...but I cannot use the search function, as this returns a script error. Everything else works fine, like channels, subscriptions etc, but without a Search feature these are not that usefiul.
I know it's a very old system but Frodo is all I can use at the moment so can anyone help restore the youtibe Search feature for me?

Sorry...but I moved on with the API and minimum is Gotham. It gets complicated to support 3 platforms at the same time if the API changes.
(2015-05-20, 22:15)bromix Wrote:

Sorry...but I moved on with the API and minimum is Gotham. It gets complicated to support 3 platforms at the same time if the API changes.

Ah OK, I understand, well, thats a shame but totally cool. Thanks for coming back so fast.

Ditch XP. Use something else like OpenELEC. You can even try it live from a USB stick and not disturb your hard drive in any way.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-05-20, 04:03)nickr Wrote: DASH development for kodi is in progress, but still a WIP.
Exciting news!! Thanks.
Hi, is there any way to have the addon remember which view I have chosen in skin? I am using Arctic Zephyr and every time I go into the addon, then to My Subscriptions it lands on a default view I can't stand. Nothing else in the skin behaves this way, always views are remembered otherwise. Thanks for a great addon and any help with this Smile
(2014-12-01, 12:33)bromix Wrote: APIv2 only supports the first 50 videos of 'My Subscriptions'. I'm searching for a solution, because APIv3 doesn't provide anything for that.

Has there been any progress on "My Subscriptions" pagination? This plugin is great but somewhat hampered due to not being able to see all my subscriptions. The old plugin managed it I guess via screen scraping.
(2015-05-21, 04:04)JasonPell Wrote:
(2014-12-01, 12:33)bromix Wrote: APIv2 only supports the first 50 videos of 'My Subscriptions'. I'm searching for a solution, because APIv3 doesn't provide anything for that.

Has there been any progress on "My Subscriptions" pagination? This plugin is great but somewhat hampered due to not being able to see all my subscriptions. The old plugin managed it I guess via screen scraping.

Sorry for this post, I just found others have already asked and I am sure you are sick of the question. So its still a bug in the API that can't be worked around?
(2015-05-21, 02:19)colbert Wrote: Hi, is there any way to have the addon remember which view I have chosen in skin? I am using Arctic Zephyr and every time I go into the addon, then to My Subscriptions it lands on a default view I can't stand. Nothing else in the skin behaves this way, always views are remembered otherwise. Thanks for a great addon and any help with this Smile
Do you mean apart from the "Override View" settings on the Advanced Tab of YouTube settings... ? I set my desired view codes here and it works perfectly.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Hi there

I am using this addon for kodi. But I can't seem to use some of the features. Like "Liked videos" is just showing nothing, the same with "Subscriptions", the thing I can do is to search for songs. What can I do ? I am using the 5.1.3 update.
(2015-05-21, 02:19)colbert Wrote: Hi, is there any way to have the addon remember which view I have chosen in skin? I am using Arctic Zephyr and every time I go into the addon, then to My Subscriptions it lands on a default view I can't stand. Nothing else in the skin behaves this way, always views are remembered otherwise. Thanks for a great addon and any help with this Smile

Disable the override view in the addon settings.
(2015-05-21, 04:09)JasonPell Wrote:
(2015-05-21, 04:04)JasonPell Wrote:

Sorry for this post, I just found others have already asked and I am sure you are sick of the question. So its still a bug in the API that can't be worked around?

There is a workaround with a overhead. The overhead is in my opinion not worth it for a long run - because the API has to work and not the other way around.
(2015-05-21, 09:04)Freddyzo Wrote: Hi there

I am using this addon for kodi. But I can't seem to use some of the features. Like "Liked videos" is just showing nothing, the same with "Subscriptions", the thing I can do is to search for songs. What can I do ? I am using the 5.1.3 update.

Is your G+ account connected with YouTube? In some rare cases you need at least one channel (your channel) and even if it's private or invisible.

YouTube/Google has done some strange things with this API...sometimes I think this was a students job or some kind of. The APIv3 is a mess ConfusedBig Grin
(2015-05-21, 09:44)bromix Wrote:
(2015-05-21, 09:04)Freddyzo Wrote: Hi there

Is your G+ account connected with YouTube? In some rare cases you need at least one channel (your channel) and even if it's private or invisible.

YouTube/Google has done some strange things with this API...sometimes I think this was a students job or some kind of. The APIv3 is a mess ConfusedBig Grin

Yeah I think it is connected to my YT account. (not sure how to see that). I am using the Kodi on an Boxee Box, if that's anything to do with it. Smile
  • 115(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20