• 28(current)
Kyra for Kodi
I know I have an app for my Yamaha amp that controls the volume on my ipad but that's Yamaha app I don't know how you would find out the code to do that ?
(2015-05-24, 08:24)meridius Wrote: I know I have an app for my Yamaha amp that controls the volume on my ipad but that's Yamaha app I don't know how you would find out the code to do that ?

Almost every device has it's own interface.

Maybe homekit can make a difference...

https://developer.apple.com/homekit/
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
lol where all up early today, I see. I am working on the remote side bar now as was not to happy with the menu button placement but have a better idea for that. also added a power button to the row of icons and you will see why later as it balances the buttons out
@Linusorg (and other): currently I am busy with the search in Kodi.
I had the idea to search for a string in the following items:
- Movies
- Series
- Episodes
- Albums
- Actors

For movies/series/episodes I search in the title and plot (or other items?).
When searching for an actor I can return the photo or the movies/series/episodes he/she played in. Or maybe a combination.
How do you see this yourself?

In the view menu you can disable searching in items, so for example, you don't want to search in albums.
Once searched the results will be cached and saved for offline caching if enabled.
Hi There,
Thanks for asking :-)

Making the search customisable for sections is great, i seldom store/use musik or pictures in XBMC and dont want them in the search result .

gettting on with actors:
regardless of yoou search for actors or display movie/episode details and select the actor, i would asume that the result should display:
on the top actor picture & Name
below that the result list (from th elocal Kodi DB) with
Movieposter or season poster on the left, on the right textbox First Line Title or Episode name below that plot.
Touching on the result line brings you to the details of this result where you can play or go back to the search result set.
again just my 2 cents
Best Regards
(2015-05-25, 08:24)Linusorg Wrote: Hi There,
Thanks for asking :-)

Making the search customisable for sections is great, i seldom store/use musik or pictures in XBMC and dont want them in the search result .

gettting on with actors:
regardless of yoou search for actors or display movie/episode details and select the actor, i would asume that the result should display:
on the top actor picture & Name
below that the result list (from th elocal Kodi DB) with
Movieposter or season poster on the left, on the right textbox First Line Title or Episode name below that plot.
Touching on the result line brings you to the details of this result where you can play or go back to the search result set.
again just my 2 cents
Best Regards

Ok, check.

For the movies/series/episodes results I could immediately display the details (like plot) next to the poster/screenshot in the search results. There is space. The play button and resume time will be on the image. Like I do everywhere. It can save an extra screen. Is it necessary for you to display other details of the movie?

Just checking, want to make sure I am doing the right thing. The searching part I have already in place. The next step is how to represent the data. You can now say how you would like it :-)

For the actors I agree. The search results will give the actors that match. When selected. Go to next screen with actor picture and underneath the movies/series/episode.
An alternative is that on the initial search results screen I show the actor and next to it the movie/series/episode he/she played in.
Hi there,

I was wondering if you could do a actor search only to display the movies/tv shows that they have acted in using your own library.

So say I wanted to look at Robert Downey, Jr. and it showed the results of what he as been in which your app does already but adding another option so that you could see what moves/tv shows he has been in my own library so I could see a list of movies and tv shows that he has been in.

so say I had the judge movie and avengers it would only display them 2 movies and I could click the movie and play it.

cheers
(2015-05-25, 09:35)meridius Wrote: Hi there,

I was wondering if you could do a actor search only to display the movies/tv shows that they have acted in using your own library.

So say I wanted to look at Robert Downey, Jr. and it showed the results of what he as been in which your app does already but adding another option so that you could see what moves/tv shows he has been in my own library so I could see a list of movies and tv shows that he has been in.

so say I had the judge movie and avengers it would only display them 2 movies and I could click the movie and play it.

cheers

Well, this is actually what linusorg requested and I am adding :-)
(2015-05-25, 10:05)rschiks Wrote:

cheers

Great.

Little question : Actually, with function "search", it's normally when i search movie in my library, the function "search" not see my movie, but see lot of movie not present in my library?

Cordially Smile
(2015-05-25, 11:07)madmartigan57 Wrote:
(2015-05-25, 10:05)rschiks Wrote:

cheers

Great.

Little question : Actually, with function "search", it's normally when i search movie in my library, the function "search" not see my movie, but see lot of movie not present in my library?

Cordially Smile

The search function now implemented is used to search for info on the internet. It's also used for the trakt functionality. You can mark a movie/series/episode marked as watched/in collection or add to your watchlist. A limitation to your Kodi library is not that great for this. I myself regularly just search for info beyond my Kodi library.

I agree with a search capability within your Kodi library. It will be added to version 1.5 :-)
(2015-05-25, 11:23)rschiks Wrote:
(2015-05-25, 11:07)madmartigan57 Wrote:
(2015-05-25, 10:05)rschiks Wrote: Well, this is actually what linusorg requested and I am adding :-)

Great.

Cordially Smile

The search function now implemented is used to search for info on the internet. It's also used for the trakt functionality. You can mark a movie/series/episode marked as watched/in collection or add to your watchlist. A limitation to your Kodi library is not that great for this. I myself regularly just search for info beyond my Kodi library.

I agree with a search capability within your Kodi library. It will be added to version 1.5 :-)

Great. I wait version 1.5 SmileSmile
Hi There,
just some clarification what i have in mind:
1) Movie/show details will always displays the details and enables the user to play the movie
2) different ways to go to details
A) touch a movie/show on the movie/show list/view
B) touch on a search result list (therefore only Poster, Title and short plot is needed on the search results)
3) search: will work on the section you selected, likeMovie/show/pictures, etc.
4)search can be set to work with local DB only
5) Actors search:
a) ordinary search like you search for movies/show/etc., possible to have more than one actor, if more than one actor is found user has to specify which one
b) touch on a actor picture in a detail view, display the search results for that specified actor
Do i make myself clear?
as usual, that's just me :-)
Best Regards
(2015-05-25, 12:08)Linusorg Wrote: Hi There,
just some clarification what i have in mind:
1) Movie/show details will always displays the details and enables the user to play the movie
2) different ways to go to details
A) touch a movie/show on the movie/show list/view
B) touch on a search result list (therefore only Poster, Title and short plot is needed on the search results)
3) search: will work on the section you selected, likeMovie/show/pictures, etc.
4)search can be set to work with local DB only
5) Actors search:
a) ordinary search like you search for movies/show/etc., possible to have more than one actor, if more than one actor is found user has to specify which one
b) touch on a actor picture in a detail view, display the search results for that specified actor
Do i make myself clear?
as usual, that's just me :-)
Best Regards

The thing with the actors is that there no search in Kodi for actors specific. I first need retrieve all the movies/series/episodes to know it.
Example, when searching for an actor name "lucy", I will get possible names. Because I searched all movies/series/episodes I already know in which each possible name played in.

I think you want to search only in actors, get the possible results, select the name and query the movies/series/episodes in which the actor played.
Technically possible, but I need do do the search twice.

How I see it then (example):
- when searching for "lucy" it returns the following:
- Movie: "Lucy"
- Actress Lucy Liu in the series "Elementary"
- Actress Lucy Liu in the episode "S01E02 - While you were sleeping" from the series "Elementary"
- Actress Lucy Liu in the movie "Charlie's Angels"
- Actress Lucy Gordon in the movie "Spider-man 3"
- Actress Lucy Lawless in the series "Spartacus"
Hi there,
Sorry to ask but how does Kodi implement:
Movie details -> Actors -> select actors and display all movies?

and generic search: wouldn't it be possible to get the full result list and than strip out what you do not need?

Maybe a search can be done similar to Mediaelch, where while you type a drop down box appears where you can specify if you like to search for Title, or actors, Directors, etc.
Best Regards
(2015-05-25, 15:31)Linusorg Wrote: Hi there,
Sorry to ask but how does Kodi implement:
Movie details -> Actors -> select actors and display all movies?

and generic search: wouldn't it be possible to get the full result list and than strip out what you do not need?

Maybe a search can be done similar to Mediaelch, where while you type a drop down box appears where you can specify if you like to search for Title, or actors, Directors, etc.
Best Regards

Apps are bound by the interface Kodi provides to retrieve data. Kodi simply does not provide a call to retrieve data from an actor. Because Kodi has a local database with all information stored in it, Kodi can do everything with it.

The search option I have implemented now uses themoviedb.org, which provides a people search.

And yes, it's possible to strip out results.

I have not worked with Mediaelch but I can imagine how it works. The downside is that I first need to retrieve all data, which can take some time. Just like Kodi, Mediaelch all work with local databases, where as apps need first to get the data over a very slow wifi network. Once the data is retrieved everything goes faster. Caching can help of course.
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi8