Custom xml to replace myvideonav for plugin
I posted this in another part of the forum but not getting allot on it so I will try here because i really would like to know Smile

I made a plugin that provides video from the tvshow database, but I was wondering if when its started it could use a custom xml window instead of the myvideonav??
Did you try with Dynamic List, If you want a different looks for window, or I missed the topic.
only scripts can provide their own custom xml windows. plugins can't.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2015-05-27, 08:16)senna99 Wrote: Did you try with Dynamic List, If you want a different looks for window, or I missed the topic.

That sounds very helpful, going to try that later, how can I insert that window in an existing skin without the user editing the original skin files?

(2015-05-27, 10:57)ronie Wrote: only scripts can provide their own custom xml windows. plugins can't.

If I would use a script, can I use a separate xml file or do you mean to use the xbmcgui module to add controls?
How would I use the xml file and can I still provide it with content like you do with a plugin?
(2015-05-27, 13:18)Tricky Wrote: If I would use a script, can I use a separate xml file or do you mean to use the xbmcgui module to add controls?

both, you create your custom script xml file and use the xbmcgui module to fill the controls with content.
if you need an example, have a look at the globalsearch addon.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I got it working! Thank you very much!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom xml to replace myvideonav for plugin0