[BETA] Mail (XBMC Mail Program-Plugin)
Whenever I try to access my INBOX using the MAIL addon I keep getting "script error".

The debug log shows this:

Code:
23:52:54 T:140214064129792   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'groups'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/htpc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.programm.xbmcmail/addon.py", line 308, in <module>
                                                plugin.run()
                                              File "/home/htpc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.xbmcswift2/lib/xbmcswift2/plugin.py", line 332, in run
                                                items = self._dispatch(self.request.path)
                                              File "/home/htpc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.xbmcswift2/lib/xbmcswift2/plugin.py", line 306, in _dispatch
                                                listitems = view_func(**items)
                                              File "/home/htpc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.programm.xbmcmail/addon.py", line 122, in show_mailbox
                                                emails, has_next_page = client.get_emails(mailbox, limit, offset)
                                              File "/home/htpc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.programm.xbmcmail/resources/lib/client.py", line 104, in get_emails
                                                } for (email_id, flags), email in self._fetch_emails_by_ids(email_ids)]
                                              File "/home/htpc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.programm.xbmcmail/resources/lib/client.py", line 215, in <genexpr>
                                                for status, header in data
                                              File "/home/htpc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.programm.xbmcmail/resources/lib/client.py", line 232, in __parse_fetch_response
                                                email_id, flags_str = self.re_fetch_response.match(line).groups()
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'groups'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

I am running Arch Linux with Python version 2.7.8-1 and XBMC 13.1-3.

Has anyone encountered this before and is there a fix for it?

Thanks.
hi,
maybe a great plugin - but i could not use it. did you ever thought about the use of custom port numbers for imap servers?

btw: storing the clear text pw is from the stone age isn't it?

regards
frank

from C:\Users\frank\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.programm.xbmcmail\settings.xml:
<settings>
<setting id="imap_host" value="server.fds.local:1430" />
<setting id="password" value="cleartext" />
<setting id="provider" value="Custom" />
<setting id="use_ssl" value="false" />
<setting id="username" value="[email protected]" />
</settings>
to use a custom imap port you have to change the line
self.connection = cls(host, 1430)
in
C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.programm.xbmcmail\resources\lib\client.py

sorry, but i don't have enough knowledge of xbmc and python to make this configurable.

next problem is sorting. i like it best to have the mails sorted by date in reverse order. (lastest == first). the line
finish_kwargs = {
'update_listing': 'is_update' in plugin.request.args,
'sort_methods': ('playlist_order', )
in
C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.programm.xbmcmail\addon.py
points to it. it looks like that you have to parse the mail header to enable custom sorting. but that's out of my knowledge too.

thank you 4 reading
regards
frank
Hi, I instal this addon and I have a problem. I'm not seeing the INBOX folder...or sent, only the folders I've created for filtering.
Any ideea?
Done,
for me if remove the "if not mailbox['has_children']" line 65 addon.py show me the IMBOX and other folder.

items = [{
'label': _format_label(mailbox),
'path': plugin.url_for(
endpoint='show_mailbox',
mailbox=mailbox['raw_name'],
)
} for mailbox in client.get_mailboxes() if not mailbox['has_children']]
return plugin.finish(items)

-------------------------------------------------

items = [{
endpoint='show_mailbox',
)
} for mailbox in client.get_mailboxes()]
(2015-05-27, 20:01)fory Wrote: Done,
for me if remove the "if not mailbox['has_children']" line 65 addon.py show me the IMBOX and other folder.

items = [{
endpoint='show_mailbox',
)
} for mailbox in client.get_mailboxes() if not mailbox['has_children']]

-------------------------------------------------

items = [{
endpoint='show_mailbox',
)
} for mailbox in client.get_mailboxes()]

Ahh thanks for that. I had exactly the same problem in that it would show INBOX.Deleted INBOX.Archive etc. Image

With that line commented out I see the INBOX proper now Smile

Thanks. Not sure what the servers have in common that does that but at least the fix works now, Maybe some better error checking is needed?
I have been trying this mail add on and found that I could get it to work for Gmail but when I select Custom option so can do a talktalk email settings nothing comes up for me to edit. Is there something wrong with this Mail addon and not set up for other providers? I should add using Kodi on Firestick with Pulse Build.
Hi,

is this AddOn supported? I tried different mailaccounts and could not get them up and running, only Hotmail worked as expected.

Cheers

tcs
Not working for me either.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA] Mail (XBMC Mail Program-Plugin)2